Thai Cabinet to consider procurement of 8 South Korean fighter jets

webfact

Cabinet to consider procurement of 8 South Korean fighter jets

By The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The Cabinet will on Tuesday deliberate on the plan by the Air Force to purchase eight more T-50TH fighter jets from South Korean manufacturer KAI, military sources said.

The procurement would be the second phase of a total procurement worth Bt8.8 billion, after the Cabinet approved the purchase of a fleet of 16 T-50 fighter jets two years ago.

The first-phase procurement of four T-50 jets has been made.

The military sources said the T-50 jets will replace the ageing fleet of L-39 jets.

The sources said the T-50TH fighter jets have a capacity similar to the US’s F-16s, and the South Korean jets have embedded training systems so they can be used to train pilots.

If approved by the Cabinet, the Air Force will sign a contract with KAI on July 29.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30320415

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-07-11

Must have more weapons to protect prathet Thai from......hummm, not sure, but we need them.
"How are you going to pay for them?"
Hummm, I know! Let's charge poor Thais a co-pay in order to obtain health care!  :sad:

Excellent news; I'm sure they are an excellent addition to the operation of the aircraft carrier Chakri Narubet in Sattahip.  

Even better news is, that they can give areal intelligence to the three submarines joining the Thai navy anytime soon. 

Keep up the good work; don't for get tanks and adequate equipment for ground-to-air, air-to-ground, ground-to-ground and air-to-air defense! 

46 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

Excellent news; I'm sure they are an excellent addition to the operation of the aircraft carrier Chakri Narubet in Sattahip.  

Even better news is, that they can give areal intelligence to the three submarines joining the Thai navy anytime soon. 

Keep up the good work; don't for get tanks and adequate equipment for ground-to-air, air-to-ground, ground-to-ground and air-to-air defense! 

And a mercedes limousine for each of the 1200 general staff officers.....

I came from Chiang Yuen in mahasarakham and I saw how miserably many villagers live there. What the hell is wrong with this men in brown. They wanna use the tax payers money for their own amusement.remember, they have an amnesty blanket. They will not be accountable in any way when they live in 20 years time.

Keep spending, there might be no tomorrow.surely it would be better to invest

in the health,education,and future of the Thai people ,than to piss away more

money on toys,that benefit,who ?

regards worgeordie

You know that Samsung translates into Three Stars. 

Is that a reference to;

a) The number of stars on the epaulettes of the purchasers

B) The quality of  production of the goods

c) The post purchase karaoke guests

Edited by The Dark Lord

28 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

regards worgeordie

They secretly admire the free spending habits of past U.S.governments and their war toys.

bones.jpg.94889ae022fa0918a05bbd730330808f.jpg.

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=davis+monthan+boneyard&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiopM26ioHVAhUHp48KHTNAASIQ_AUICigB&biw=1352&bih=619#imgrc=-gIqG9cYoV2nXM:

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

regards worgeordie

Reminds me of home in the good ol' USA

why dont they just buy some old sea harriers, they would look impressive in the photo shoot sitting on the deck of the wonderful aircraft carrier could just DRIVE up and down the sea all day posin !! lol

1 hour ago, The Dark Lord said:

You know that Samsung translates into Three Stars. 

Is that a reference to;

a) The number of stars on the epaulettes of the purchasers

B) The quality of  production of the goods

c) The post purchase karaoke guests

Before you post BS you should learn a little Thai.  Or go to a popular food chain 5 Star (Har Dow)

As Thai military purchases go this one isn't so daft.

The T-50 is suitable both for advanced training and can double as reasonable combat aircraft (derived from the F-16 A/B). The RTAF already operates 4, so this would bring it up to 12. At least they aren't going for a whole new aircraft deal. Think they will replace the old L-39's, been overdue anyway.  Price is about the same as paid by the Philippines and Indonesia.

Edited by Morch

why dont they just buy some old sea harriers, they would look impressive in the photo shoot sitting on the deck of the wonderful aircraft carrier could just DRIVE up and down the sea all day posin !! lol

After all The Royal Navy got away with it for years...

I am now entering my slit trench - with 18" of overhead cover.
:):):)

5 minutes ago, madmitch said:

Before you post BS you should remember that Samsung is a Korean company!

Does Samsung translate to 3 stars in the Korean language, because stars are notably missing from their blue oval logo?

Edited by halloween

10 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

And back to the Navy, Army.... and the cycle of entitlement continues. 

All kick backs tea money came to power via a coup within 3 days all the leaders had 10 million baht homes " crippled the country is bankrupt lets buy fighter jets what for they have not one a war in 100 years criky every one beaten them i was in laos when idiot chavilet nick name the frog or gob massed an army took on the laos who only had a population of 4 million laos took the thais out in 4 days biggest loser ;  yellow submarines; korean jets ; what for who can fly them ; submarines will be in dry doc .the bahts fkd wait a month will be 35 ; 70 baht to the dollar ! amount of apartments that will be up for sale be staggering " cant wait " party is  over in kwai land.