What do they use to clean a wound ? Betadine ? Is it worth going to a small local clinic ?

4 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

No, it's a common problem;

1. Rainy season.

2. Countryside.

3. Farm.

4. Feet - only.

But you are correct, i am a dirty, ignorant, pig headed bastard and should and will wear boots and socks more often. (I still mig weld in flip flops...).

:smile: Have a nice day.

I had to gas axe in flip flops once- those sparks really burned!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 13/07/2017 at 3:01 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

NO WAY I'd use iodine- it stings like crazy. Betadine doesn't. As said, it's not normally used to clean the wound, but applied after.

Unless knowing how to clean with no touch technique, a large wound might be better treated in a reputable clinic, as infection is always a possibility.

Also, if a large wound, proof of correct treatment might be required if eventually applying for insurance if it became infected and required a hospital stay for IV antibiotics.

The good old days yomping over Dartmoor. Rest stop duty MA checked feet for blisters. Solution on finding blisters pop them and then inject iodine straight in. Once you came back down to earth he threw you a clean dry pair of sox and some foo foo powder. On boots and away you went. Hurt like words cant describe but it did the job.