‘My Mate Nate’ Slammed For Flattening Coins On Train Tracks

webfact

5 minutes ago, chippendale said:

He earns income off his Youtube channel. Bet he doesn't have a work permit.

That subject was brought up in the last thread (after the animal abuse video was released) and apparently he does have the correct Visa and paperwork surprisingly enough. (Though I'm not sure if that was actually verified or if he just claimed he had it.)

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Bullie said:

I don't understand what all the fuss is about. When I was young it was a favourite passtime to flatten coins under passing streetcars.

Since Thai trains never, ever exceed the perilous speed of 40 kilometer per hour,  I don''t see much risk involved....

Did you read the previous posts? In this country it is an offense to desecrate the currency due to there being the image of H.M. King Bhumibol.  Flattening the image of a U.S.President is not considered as serious as here in Thailand.

Apart from that, our Nate ought to be doing things of a more mature level than pranks that 8 year olds try.

Just now, impulse said:

Yet, he seems to be carving out a living doing exactly that...

Not a fan myself, but I do get a kick out of all the pensioners who hate the guy and don't really know why.  They think it's because he's an opinionated, entitled, no talent twerp.  But that's not it.

:smile:

Yes, it's fun to imagine the looks of outrage on their faces..

Years ago, too many years ago, expats who landed in Thailand would have been life on the edge kinda guys....

1 hour ago, Basil B said:

I think it could include any coin that bears an image of any royal, Thai or or other...

Stupid, I think of Loy Krathong  when kids will swim after the offerings to get the coins, the thought of a young child watching this idiot lay coins on the track and then tries to get them before the train rolls over them is too horrible to think about.

Humm, kids and "kids" - here in Chiang Mai, I saw a bunch of adults last year just beyond the riverbend going after the coins, then an hour or so later I saw the same guys selling the used krathongs to passing tourists by the bridge :whistling:

EDIT: And re; topic: This guy is hilarious, not because of his moron stunts, but because he manages to cause such a stirr around TVF :partytime2: every time :cheesy:

Edited by jabis
Addition

1 hour ago, RawboneFunksta said:

He's an opinionated, entitled <deleted> who imagines himself a superstar with talent because he has followers on youtube and speaks Thai.

Silly boy.

Silly child. 

56 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

Did you read the previous posts? In this country it is an offense to desecrate the currency due to there being the image of H.M. King Bhumibol.  Flattening the image of a U.S.President is not considered as serious as here in Thailand.

Apart from that, our Nate ought to be doing things of a more mature level than pranks that 8 year olds try.

But only if the level of maturity is beyond 8 YO. 

1 hour ago, ratcatcher said:

Flattening U.S. coins is not considered "serious" at all in the U.S.! 

Not a fan of My Dude Nate, and he shouldn't use Thai coins of course, but this seems much ado about nothing. It's not a hazard to the trains. Maybe to people playing around on the tracks though. 

Just spoke to the wife.

She claimed that she and many of her friends did the same when she was young.

Not defending him. He should know better.

Farangs must abide by the rules here.

He is walking the thin line.

4 minutes ago, simon43 said:

Have you seen the state of the Thai railway tracks?

Trust me,  a coin can derail a Thai train :)

If that's really try, they've got much bigger things to worry about than My Dude Nate!

Ok, this is what Thailand has become. They harassment genuine tourists at the airport, put them into a cell and deport them, while lunatics are free to act however they want.

System has failed.

1 hour ago, simon43 said:

But only if a ghost sits on a tree and suggests the driver derail his train. Magic, you know?

Whether it can or not, wouldn't it be a kick in the nuts if the train picked that exact moment and place to go off the rails?

3 hours ago, Bullie said:

I don't understand what all the fuss is about. When I was young it was a favourite passtime to flatten coins under passing streetcars.

Since Thai trains never, ever exceed the perilous speed of 40 kilometer per hour,  I don''t see much risk involved....

"Since Thai trains never, ever exceed the perilous speed of 40 kilometer per hour, ..."

Fact or fiction? You living in Bangkok? Thai trains up in this part of Thailand go  faster even reaching 80km/h. Wow!.

Yes I have seen the state of them actually worked on them as well at Malaysia Thailand railway interface at Pedang Basar

He's an opinionated, entitled who imagines himself a superstar with talent because he has followers on youtube and speaks Thai.
Silly boy.

Silly boy, posting silly videos on YouTube, getting silly cheques with lots of silly money to buy silly new Mercs.

Jealous? Damn right I am.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app