Thai Transport Minister says phase 1 of high speed rail line to begin construction in October

webfact

I'm sure that China will be involved with construction as well as the Thai Government.  After all they are providing the funds and will be careful to ensure that they are not wasted.  Give it time, Thailand will draw from the experience of Chinese engineers who have built successful railways where Farang engineers have insisted it was impossible.  The Chinese Tibet rail link, for example, is an incredible engineering achievement.  Thai's are no slouches at building infrastructure, take a look at some of the road projects underway right now.  Take the Bangkok skytrain as an example, the Victorian Government in Australia can't decide on how to approach putting in a similar service to their Melbourne Airport.  There is no rail link because for more than 40 years no-one is able to approve a start.  I give full marks to Thailand, they're out there doing it.  In 50 years Australia will be a back water if they don't start moving their buts.  A recent report on US infrastructure also painted a poor picture, much of it is reaching the end of it's life and is not being renewed.

"Take the Bangkok skytrain as an example, the Victorian Government in Australia can't decide on how to approach putting in a similar service to their Melbourne Airport."

Maybe, just maybe, they want to make sure that they don't destroy the existing road/make certain roads impassable for 4 years :rolleyes: Have you driven on Phahoyothin lately? I thought that Rama 7 was crap when they got done with the skytrain there...compared to the current Phahonyothin, it's like a race circuit it's so flat -_-

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic