Mother arrested after son badly burned as ‘punishment’

webfact

Mother arrested after son badly burned as ‘punishment’

By Boonpim Baiya 
The Nation

71faa5b268c26aab784bb9938c5f10a2.jpg

A 28-year-old woman has been arrested after her five-year-old son suffered serious burns and abuse, which was uncovered after a drug bust.

The accused woman, Parita Jai-aree, maintained she was innocent.

Tha Pla superintendent Pol Col Somneuk Makmee said Parita was apprehended at 2am on Wednesday at her rented home in Khamphaeng Phetch province. 

The warrant involved a drug bust in May after police identified Parita as the sender of a parcel containing two grams of crystal meth or "ice" from Nonthaburi that was delivered to a recipient in Tha Pla.

The boy’s ordeal made headlines after she filed a complaint with outspoken lawyer Songkran Atchariyasap earlier this month. 

She claimed the boy's serious burns on his mid section were caused in January by a former military man whom she had hired to take care of her son since he was nine months old. 

She claimed the boy’s injuries were caused by the man's punishment method of placement of a bag of boiling water onto the boy for a long period of time, while the boy’s hands were tied. 

She said she had already filed a police complaint about the abuse. 

The story drew sympathy when she told it on a televised show on July 11 and Bt2 million was donated to help pay the boy’s medical expenses. The boy is scheduled for a major surgery on September 19.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30321195

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-07-19

5 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Is the guy? 

As far as i read it here its unrelated.. they just mention the the case of her son not say she did it she is being arrested for sending drugs, and she denies she did it.

14 minutes ago, Tilacme said:

If the guy is army then I suspect he has a better umbrella than the mother.  Very sad for the victim which ever way you look at it.

Utterly horrific - something you can only imagine coming from some drug crazed moron, or some emotionally messed up soldier.

Of all crimes it's hard to imagine the impact on the boy, even to wonder if he's better off surviving the incident.

It's good that I am not in a position to do anything stupid - it'd be hard to keep a level head on this case.

23 minutes ago, Prbkk said:

This little boy is gonna need a whole lotta love; and sure as hell it won't be coming from drug mama, assuming this report is true. Awful, awful story.

Terrible at all levels, let's hope he is put into care with someone who has a big caring heart. 

3 hours ago, ben2talk said:

Utterly horrific - something you can only imagine coming from some drug crazed moron, or some emotionally messed up soldier.

Of all crimes it's hard to imagine the impact on the boy, even to wonder if he's better off surviving the incident.

It's good that I am not in a position to do anything stupid - it'd be hard to keep a level head on this case.

even to wonder if he's better off surviving the incident.

Looking at what has happened to this little guy and what his future will be, I think that is what bothers me the most.

Very sad for the kid.

Dead beat useless no hoper mother, no loving relatives and probably just considered a burden to those who apparently care for him.

There are probably thousands of couples either in Thailand and in western countries who would love to adopt a child like this, so why not place the boy up for adoption so he can become part of a real loving family.

15 hours ago, webfact said:

Khamphaeng Phetch

not sure where that is ; i know  Khamphaeng Phet; this is disgusting, the native underlying story; what a wonderful woman, a whole string of misdeeds, including to an innocent child who will be scarred, in all ways, for the rest of their life; 20 years in jail might work

Did they check the cctv of the post office of the day and time the parcel was sent and checked it also for fingerprints and DNA of the woman?

I not believe!!!

Everyone can sent a parcel with the name of another. But all post offices in Thailand have CCTV. So it's easy to check who sent it.

Edited by snowgard

12 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

Very sad for the kid.

Dead beat useless no hoper mother, no loving relatives and probably just considered a burden to those who apparently care for him.

There are probably thousands of couples either in Thailand and in western countries who would love to adopt a child like this, so why not place the boy up for adoption so he can become part of a real loving family.

He has a real family. 

A loving single mother that was working very hard to pay for his care. The caregivers  (one a person in the army ) put boiling water down the boys pants. 

His loving mother refused to give up and even though she was threatened has stayed the course to press charges. 

So far the police have not. 

Suddenly this drug bs comes up. 

The mother is wonderful.