Digitize a Paper Book in BKK?

OliverKlozerof

42 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

Good question, I'd also be interested in converting a couple of paper books to e-books 

On this other thread I started a few days before this one, "tonray" wrote, 

"Any copy shop will have a scanner connected PC. All BE Trend stores in the malls will have one. but likely much better price around a University."

I've been meaning to find one of these "BE Trend" shops, or go to a uni to see if I can, in fact, scan to a file and put it on my flash drive.

If you go looking and find a place where you can do it, let me know. ;-)

40 minutes ago, Annu Nair said:

Just give me the name of the book, I will source it for you and send you a epub fle or a mob file, will that do?

The books I mainly want to digitize are proprietary text books of a small business. Only paying customers of this business are allowed to purchase them. Obviously they'd prefer customers *not* digitize them, since they could then be easily shared over the internet for free. However, the books are rather large and it would be much more convenient for me to have them in (for example), an iPad. I would not share these digital files with anyone. And I don't want to give the books to anyone outside of Bangkok to digitize them. :-)

1 hour ago, OliverKlozerof said:

The books I mainly want to digitize are proprietary text books of a small business. Only paying customers of this business are allowed to purchase them. Obviously they'd prefer customers *not* digitize them, since they could then be easily shared over the internet for free. However, the books are rather large and it would be much more convenient for me to have them in (for example), an iPad. I would not share these digital files with anyone. And I don't want to give the books to anyone outside of Bangkok to digitize them. :-)

How can you be contacted in BKK?

There are APPs that may suit your needs.

Optical character recognition or OCR can be loaded on your phone and you take a photo of the page you want to copy, open the APP and you'll be able to copy and paste the script from the photo - it does require some editing for spaces & paragraphs etc

Issuu as mentioned has some features for a paid subscription that could also be beneficial.

46 minutes ago, Luckysilk said:

There are APPs that may suit your needs.

Optical character recognition or OCR can be loaded on your phone and you take a photo of the page you want to copy, open the APP and you'll be able to copy and paste the script from the photo - it does require some editing for spaces & paragraphs etc

Issuu as mentioned has some features for a paid subscription that could also be beneficial.

Hardly a solution because what the guy is looking for is a machine into which you can put his damned book and it produces voila a pdf for him.

46 minutes ago, Annu Nair said:

Hardly a solution because what the guy is looking for is a machine into which you can put his damned book and it produces voila a pdf for him.

It's a DYI option and it works as I've done it countless times.

Stop trolling

23 minutes ago, Luckysilk said:

It's a DYI option and it works as I've done it countless times.

Stop trolling

What is DYI? Do you mean DIY? You recommending this method if he has 2000 pages in his damned book?