Chinese kid pooping outside Central Festival

balo

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

Have to agree with you and the Chinese tourists I have seen there in Phuket are anything but "quality tourists", but then I have seen another side to the Chinese and it is totally different to that which we are seeing here.

I had a 10 year relationship with the Chinese girl in New Zealand and she was one of the nicest, well mannered, kindhearted and considerate people I've ever met, however the fact that her parents were university lecturers and she was brought up in a "wealthy" (well for China anyway) environment had much to do with this.

Fast forward to those whom I see here and as I've already mentioned on another thread, they are absolutely dreadful, with terrible manners, absolutely no idea of social norms, idiotic understanding of how traffic works and why they shouldn't walk four abreast in a road and no consideration for others.

The worst I have seen was the Chinese guy sitting in Starbucks with his bare feet on the table and using nail clippers to trim his toenails, and hard skin and this flying all over the place. I brought this to the attention of the manager and he had stern words with this guy, as did I, and as the staff were cleaning the mess up, the Chinese guy looked aghast that he was being told to stop this behaviour – – just amazing/disgusting. And as if to cap off the "Starbucks/Chinese experience", a few days later a mother let her child defecate within a few metres of the place, next to some seats where people usually sit to pass the time of day, this when there were toilets not 100 metres away.

There is nothing, absolutely nothing I have seen about these tourists which would convince me that they are nothing short of the lowest of the low and surely Thailand can do better than this with its tourism promotion.

Kobkarn is in the "numbers" game for the tourist industry. Needs to impress her superiors? :whistling:  All flashiness and no substance there!

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Nothing against the OP he is just posting.

I am surprised TV would allow a photo of a child, especially in such a compromising position.

I was unsure too , but I made sure to keep distance and the photo does not reveal anyting, you can't even see the kids face. 

Also I found 100's of photos like these posted online, I find it informative, that's all .

1 minute ago, balo said:

I was unsure too , but I made sure to keep distance and the photo does not reveal anyting, you can't even see the kids face. 

Also I found 100's of photos like these posted online, I find it informative, that's all .

Yeah, and you fulfilled the golden rule (in this case, the brown rule) of show a pic or it didn't happen!

22 hours ago, digbeth said:

would it be okay if they pick it up and put it in a plastic bag like it was dog poop?

...at least go out of sight and drop it in a bag..any humanoid that age could do that.

12 minutes ago, balo said:

I get it no worries.

22 hours ago, wirat69 said:

In New Zealand it is mandatory for dog owners to pick up pooch's poop in public places. The article does not make it clear whether Mrs Chin did so on this occasion!!

Not only in New Zealand . . . In many countries it is the enforced law.

On the face of it, it does appear to be very unwelcome visible evidence of a cultural difference.

But perhaps we're jumping to conclusions because they appear to be Chinese.

Consider the possibility that any parents IF a very young kid had a sudden impulse to make BM and you knew the kid and you knew it was either drop trou RIGHT NOW or deal with pooped pants, well, in that case, maybe not such a bad choice. 

Edited by Jingthing

4 hours ago, Cereal said:

Hey man! I lived in Zhengzhou too. I worked at the Zhengzhou University of Engineering teaching English to morons. I have many pictures and videos of the place along with scenes exactly like this. Toddler pants are more like chaps, basically 2 legs sewn together at the belt line. Kids squat and dump everywhere.

It was the single foulest most disgusting place I have ever seen, hands down. Here's a pic of the toilet in the local pool hall and walking to it from the university. This is Zhengzhou. I quit my contract 1/2 way through because I hated it so badly.

Why were you there, out of curiosity.

Bathroom Pool Hall.jpg

CAM01817.jpg

After my time there I decided the only good thing was never having to ask anyone, "excuse me where is the toilet?"  If you were within 500m of one you knew exactly where it was.

Edited by Pdaz

22 hours ago, Bill Miller said:

The OP indicated there was a loo just thirty meters away.
This is one of the items the Chinese tourists should be instructed in, IMO.

Would you want to follow one of these chaps into the "Thomas" 

Could be a very interesting and possibly amusing time when they pop open the lids on the "new" submarines if this is how they carry out the pooping action. 

I don't know if a submarine has a poop deck like a ship has but for the safety of the sailors about to enter them, I sincerely hope not. 

Thanks to Kobkarn, the weirdest tourism minister of 'em all, who claims that people come to Pattaya for its nature. And yes, of course this goes in line with the very same office talking of "quality tourism".

Been here for more than 30 years I can tell you that the quality of tourists went all in the very same direction - and that is downhill. Meanwhile certain elements are in free fall, while the powers-to-be talk of two-digit increase. Latter is correct in absolute numbers of arrivals; if you count an elephant and a mosquito both as "one animal each". 

1 hour ago, Pdaz said:

After my time there I decided the only good thing was never having to ask anyone, "excuse me where is the toilet?"  If you were within 500m of one you knew exactly where it was.

After seeing the pictures I want to defend the Chinese , just a bit . If I had to live in a city like Zhengzhou, I would probably be pooping outside as well , find a park and just do it , anything to avoid sitting inside a hellhole like that. 

Maybe they expect the toilets in Pattaya to look the same, who knows....

I live next to a group of monks and and there's an elderly women next to them. They all poop on the road, in there gardens, etc. It boggles the mind but I guess I'd prefer to poop on the road than these people's toilets. There too lazy to be cleaned and fixed.

In line at Disneyland land Hong Kong and I saw several Chinese kids just peeing on the ground whilst in queue. 

They behave like animals. Oh, wait a minute. My dogs can hold on!

32 minutes ago, balo said:

After seeing the pictures I want to defend the Chinese , just a bit . If I had to live in a city like Zhengzhou, I would probably be pooping outside as well , find a park and just do it , anything to avoid sitting inside a hellhole like that. 

Maybe they expect the toilets in Pattaya to look the same, who knows....

To be honest it's much better than it was. The Chinese Govt has run many advertising campaigns to educate those travelling abroad.

For me, I once worked on a Chinese barge on it's first overseas contract in Asia. Chinese crew but as it was in the Gulf of Thailand the caterers, cleaners and camp boss were Thai. The entire Thai contingent walked off the job after a week. The camp boss told me his guys were shocked by the Chinese. Their eating, bathing and toilet habits (especially the toilet habits ) had disgusted them. He told me, " We paid to take care of human, not animal " :cheesy: 

6 hours ago, masuk said:

The toilet photo reminded me of a rather nice hostel I stayed at for a week in Guangzhou.   The only thing which turned my nose was the notice in the toilet, insisting that ALL paper be left in the waste paper basket.

After a few days and the basket never being emptied, I decided to ignore that instruction.

Thank heavens for Thai toilets!

I've seen far,far worse in up country Myanmar.

3 hours ago, The Dark Lord said:

Could be a very interesting and possibly amusing time when they pop open the lids on the "new" submarines if this is how they carry out the pooping action. 

I don't know if a submarine has a poop deck like a ship has but for the safety of the sailors about to enter them, I sincerely hope not. 

I met an old guy , many years ago, who was a British submariner, taught escaping from submarines etc etc. in the 1960's

One time he was in Auckland, New Zealand for a show and tell.

Apparently the Lord Mayor and his wife came aboard in all their robes and finery.

After a few drinks and Lady Mayoress decides she needs to pee.

Orders given to a sailor.....ensure LM undertsands the operation of the loo.

As it was below sea level so and pressurized, this involved opening valve A, close valve B, do something else to valve C.....you get the picture.

Needless to say a scream emanated from the LM who emerged covered from head to toe in shit.

So yes....I guess there is a poop deck on a submarine

Just because this happens all over China,  there is no reason for it to happen in Thailand.

China is pre modern, and Thailand is modern. The Chinese should remember that they have

left their country and are tourists. Behave yourselves you shameful Chinese.

Geezer

Thailand getting what it's been asking for.  'Not sure the Thais having to deal with it are the same as the Thais doing the asking, but their creed of "acceptance" is certainly getting a workout.

... as if Thailand weren't already doing enough to chase off loathsome farangs.

On 7/29/2017 at 2:15 PM, Jingthing said:

On the face of it, it does appear to be very unwelcome visible evidence of a cultural difference.

But then how far does at cultural difference go?

I posted earlier about a Chinese lady friend of mine who was just marvellous and absolutely nothing like the rabble that we getting here, however even the Chinese can astounded by the manners of their lo-so counterparts.

Example: – she rented a self-contained apartment she had in her house, out to two young Chinese students who were studying in Auckland and they seemed nice enough after the interview, so they moved in and she left them to their own devices.

They moved out after about six months and when she went down to check the place out she was absolutely appalled and disgusted at what she found – – – dirty plates with food still on them had been put in the cupboards and had been there for months by the look of the mould and stuff around them, the cooker had never been cleaned and looked to have many months of grease and food on it and the whole place was in a disgusting mess.

The most disgusting place was the toilet and it was so bad that she couldn't actually go through the door because when she opened it she felt like throwing up.

Now this was a modern toilet in a room some four metres by two metres which also contained a handbasin and what she saw was unbelievable (I know because I had to clean it up for her, complete with rubber gloves sprays, disinfectant and a scraper).

Now this was something I couldn't understand because there was faeces all over the walls even that wall at the far end of the toilet and it was as if someone had a bucket of excrement and had decided to hand paint it on the wall all over the place (imagine wiping your anus with your hand and smearing that over the walls). Not only that there was excrement behind the toilet, under the seat and all over the cistern – – everywhere in fact.

I thought it might have been some sort of "leaving present" for some thing that she supposedly had done, but then most of the stuff had been there for some while and even the carpet on the floor had started to go rotten due to urine on it and it had stuck to the linoleum on the floor as well as smelling so bad it was difficult not to gag. 

What was left of the carpet I had to get up with a scraper and the rest of the place was cleaned with bleach, disinfectant and scrubbers and was most disgusting job I've had to do in my life.

When all was done, the total room was repainted and new linoleum was put down and to this day I still don't know why this happened.

My lady friend said it was due to the fact that even though these students appeared "nice" they came from a lo-so family and this was to be expected – – or words to that effect.

Seems like it could be the norm in some parts of China?

8 hours ago, xylophone said:

When all was done, the total room was repainted and new linoleum was put down and to this day I still don't know why this happened.

That's an incredible story mate!  A reminder not to rent out rooms to the Chinese. You never know what might happen.