Video: Death-wish motorcycle kids out for a "lovely" ride

webfact

Video: Death-wish motorcycle kids out for a "lovely" ride

6pm.jpg

Picture: Manager

NONG KHAI: -- Footage of two teens out for a crazy death-wish ride on the highway was posted on Facebook.

The video showed a boy lying face down on his bike while his mate pushed him along with his foot.

The pair were careering around other vehicles on the central lanes of the "Friendship Highway" Nong Khai to Udon road on Friday.

Chanwit Poonyanant who posted the video said ironically that it was a lovely display that he witnessed.

Netizens turned on the boys for their dangerous antics saying it was not just their own death-wish actions that could kill them but they could wind up injuring others too.

People urged parents to take more care of their children, reported Manager.

Source: Manager

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-07-31

I was expecting to see someone driving the wrong way and then would've made a comment about how I'm sure netizens didn't even notice that infringement. Alas, there was nobody driving the wrong way. :smile:

"You cynical fool SABloke", I said to myself. After all it was only a 30sec clip (surely people aren't breaking the law all time the 24/7.) :unsure:

BUT then I scrolled down and noticed the 2nd clip. "Here's my cynical redemption", I thought, and WHAM at 0.03 my cynicism paid off, unfortunately :saai:

Edited by SABloke

Riding home around the time the local school closes is an eye-opener.

The roads full of school kids, 3 or 4 on a scooter, no helmets, all speeding and racing each other through the traffic, revving up and pulling wheelies. 

No police, no teachers, no parents.

Idiots that Thai society and culture has failed. 

1 hour ago, Somtamnication said:

I don't understand why this is strange. This is normal in Thailand. :thumbsup:

I agree. I have often seen cases of both types of behaviour.

I always think I have seen everything in Thailand, but yesterday saw something new. A motorcycle driving very fast along the small "traffic island" in the middle of the road between Asoke and Ratchada. There can't be many centimeters to spare, especially at the places where the street lamps are placed. 

At least both wheels stayed on the ground...

I have two children, and hope to keep them off of Motorcycles entirely;

though I know that will take a lot of hoping to achieve, 

while I concentrate on how I can teach them both good driving practice behind the wheel of a vehicle.

I'm working on how to pitch them into an onboard camera for safety reason, 

which I can monitor from time to time to see how they are really doing, 

with concerns to speed, and handling.

At first I thought to show them this video on what not to do, 

but then thought they would just claim that it was due to my age, 

that I thought there was anything wrong with what they were to be viewing...?

3 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

We were that stupid at that age, but the fear of cops gave us some restraint.

True, but I would add that my parents would not let me drive any vehicle without a licence either. I think a lot of my stupidity was reigned in by watchful parents.

3 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

I did that stuff as a teen waaaaaaaaaay back.................BUT, yep, I had to deal with cops..:sad:

Did the same at their age, so what? Let the kids race, as long as they can. A group of them took on me yesterday on theur very fast scooters, me on a real bike. They had fun like hell.There are definitely bigger issues in this country

From reading the comments. Yes they were young. No they are not bullet proof and nor is a pedestrian. Yes they were not wearing helmets. On a major road way. MY question is where were the cops. Bet in the cop shop watching Thai Boxing on their asses waiting for envelopes. Plus the fact the police can only say. "Oh please teach your children to be more responsible". ONLY IN THAILAND.. Arrest the moorons would be a good start to cutting down road deaths in Thaialnd No 2 in the world. Crap. No 1 as no police?

9 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

Not  only that but when we were killed those same parents didn't  expect the driver to  pay out compensation, which is what many Thais seem to think is "normal"

11 hours ago, petermik said:

And neither had their helmets on :sad:

He should be arrested for showing the bottom of his feet to everyone behind him.  Other than that I don't see anything else out of the ordinary for this country/Kids just being Kids