Head of Songtaew Co-op Chats/Shouts to Citylife

Pim Kemasingki

Is it any wonder that ThaiVisa is becoming less and less relevant when we have to continue to put up with trash like this?  

The O/P is a respected member of our community and doesn't deserve to be treated with such disrespect.  It's one thing to voice another opinion, but to personally demean her is another.  Totally inappropriate and allowed to continue over and over again on ThaiVisa. Wake up ThaiVisa.  The expat community is very diverse.  There are many female expats here and men who respect women and they become totally turned off from this forum when they see trash like this go unchallenged.

Edited by Rimmer
quoted reply of removed baiting post removed

Some inflammatory posts have been removed, some posts discussing moderation have been removed, if you have a problem with a  post do not reply to it, use the report button and someone will come along and sort it out, Thank you. 

7 hours ago, NancyL said:

Is it any wonder that ThaiVisa is becoming less and less relevant when we have to continue to put up with trash like this?  

The O/P is a respected member of our community and doesn't deserve to be treated with such disrespect.  It's one thing to voice another opinion, but to personally demean her is another.  Totally inappropriate and allowed to continue over and over again on ThaiVisa. Wake up ThaiVisa.  The expat community is very diverse.  There are many female expats here and men who respect women and they become totally turned off from this forum when they see trash like this go unchallenged.

I don't agree with you that idiots make idiotic posts because the OP is female. That is victim mentality.

However, I do agree with you that some of the comments have been trash.

I enjoy reading citylife.

I would love to be able to get stuck into many of the knobs that post trash. However, forum rules do not allow this.

7 hours ago, NancyL said:

E/S  posts that have been removed, were up on the board for up  to two days,before your  above rant( so  to speak:smile:) and bingo gone ,:sad: still cannot fathom where the trash was posted,  by me ,just a reply to the O/P  thoughts on Songteaw,which were the opposite  views to the O/P  perhaps you took exception to  Babe  as you highlighted it  in Black, check out  dictionary or google Babe,its far from being disrespectful   ,its used every day through out the universe.with no personal intent to demean  or be disrepectful  to   the O/P  ,by E/S.....anyway  thats  why thoughts and views:smile:  Its No Regrets (Walker Brothers) good evening to all

Singhkham: People who ruin our image are illegal people, they try to compete with us like Uber....Why not look at those who break the law first? There are a thousand black license plate cars (privately owned) used as public transportation. Handle Uber and Grab first; they are illegal.

So, this begs the question: Are Uber and Grab illegal or not? 

I have nothing against songtows, but they must be willing to share with other modes of "taxi" services. Choice is a good thing. 

As a former journalist, I would have to say that the questions asked were lackluster and the reporter should have been coached more before going on assignment. Just because an intern comes up with a story idea does not give her carte blanche. You might also introduce her to the concept of paragraphs. 

I adore and respect CityLife as well, but as an ex-journalist, I know that it's okay (in fact essential) to question the press.

But CityLife is a small-time joint; as such they may feel a need to soft-pedal questions, since their contacts don't need to talk to them.

I think we are within our rights to question her approach but not engage in ad hominem attacks.

Edited by Ruffian Dick

11 hours ago, Loaded said:

I don't agree with you that idiots make idiotic posts because the OP is female. That is victim mentality.

However, I do agree with you that some of the comments have been trash.

I enjoy reading citylife.

I would love to be able to get stuck into many of the knobs that post trash. However, forum rules do not allow this.

Well, you got your answer in the very next post.  If someone can't understand how calling the editor of a beloved community magazine "Babe" isn't disrespectful, then that person clearly has a habit of demeaning women in general.  I don't recall this poster calling other men "Bozos" or something similarly disrespectful, like others do on this forum (without being challenged and the posts being allowed to stand)

And I don't agree with your call of "victim mentality".  Perhaps I'm just more aware of this person's constant practice of doing this to me and other women because I've been the target of this abuse.  He doesn't belittle men in a similar fashion.

Perhaps it would be better if we adopted a practice of being polite to each other -- no calling women "Babe" or men "Bozos".  Would that be nice?

Well, you got your answer in the very next post.  If someone can't understand how calling the editor of a beloved community magazine "Babe" isn't disrespectful, then that person clearly has a habit of demeaning women in general.  I don't recall this poster calling other men "Bozos" or something similarly disrespectful, like others do on this forum (without being challenged and the posts being allowed to stand)

And I don't agree with your call of "victim mentality".  Perhaps I'm just more aware of this person's constant practice of doing this to me and other women because I've been the target of this abuse.  He doesn't belittle men in a similar fashion.

Perhaps it would be better if we adopted a practice of being polite to each other -- no calling women "Babe" or men "Bozos".  Would that be nice?
I think Drongo or Bogan are the technically correct terms with regard to ES.

Sent from my Cray II supercomputer

2 minutes ago, JaseTheBass said:

I think Drongo or Bogan are the technically correct terms with regard to ES.

Oh, I love it.  This is one of the great things about living in Chiang Mai.  We get to interact with expats from many English-speaking cultures and learn their slang and vocabulary.  Dr. Google is so helpful in situations where I need a translator.

Oh, I love it.  This is one of the great things about living in Chiang Mai.  We get to interact with expats from many English-speaking cultures and learn their slang and vocabulary.  Dr. Google is so helpful in situations where I need a translator.
I must clarify that I'm NOT Australian before anyone indirectly insults me.

1 hour ago, JaseTheBass said:

I must clarify that I'm NOT Australian before anyone indirectly insults me.

Please tell me your nationality so that I can insult you directly in time-honoured Thai Visa keyboard warrior fashion ;)

Please tell me your nationality so that I can insult you directly in time-honoured Thai Visa keyboard warrior fashion [emoji6]
I'm English. Not from the north or the midlands and not one of those uppity Londoners. I'm not a bloomin' carrot cruncher either. [emoji52]

4 hours ago, NancyL said:

I think being called 'babe', or bozo', by an anonymous poster on TV is only disrespectful to people who shouldn't be posting on internet forums because they are far too sensitive.

Edited by Loaded
?

9 hours ago, NancyL said:

Another  Bama  contribition  to this thread

11 minutes ago, Bassosa said:

"Drongo"

Love that word...

Yes, it doesn't refer to one's race, sex, political leanings or ethnic background.  From my reading, it appears to be an insult based an assessment of  a person's intelligence.  Much more clever than calling every female poster one disagrees with "Babe" or "Honey" or some other patronizing term.

Its an Australian expression that went out of vogue decades ago.I doubt any Australian under the age of 30 now would even know what it means.

I'm sure with the help of Mr Google you could find dozens of other similar expressions of similar vintage.Galah (bird) for one

18 minutes ago, NancyL said:

Yes, it doesn't refer to one's race, sex, political leanings or ethnic background.  From my reading, it appears to be an insult based an assessment of  a person's intelligence.  Much more clever than calling every female poster one disagrees with "Babe" or "Honey" or some other patronizing term.

keep the Bama contribitions coming, old gal:smile:

great to see good sense of humour

15 minutes ago, cmsally said:

Had to look up Bama ! "Fashion misfit" or generally "uncool"

We seem to have come a long way from "babes riding in songtaews" !!

This is Mr. Drongo by the way.

Black_Drongo_Thailand.jpg

great to see a  touch of humour,  :smile:

BTW

Bama is internet slang for # Person Lacking Style #

a very nice evening to all

Interesting that E/S had to work in the patronizing "old gal" while making a feeble attempt at using a black American insult to imply I lacked a sense of style.

Just goes to show you how he responds to female participants in Thai Visa. 

2 hours ago, NancyL said:

Interesting that E/S had to work in the patronizing "old gal" while making a feeble attempt at using a black American insult to imply I lacked a sense of style.

Just goes to show you how he responds to female participants in Thai Visa. 

all you are, is another brick in the wall, from the dark side of the moon

its a Pink Floyd (RogerWaters)  sweet dreams to all

31 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

all you are, is another brick in the wall, from the dark side of the moon

its a Pink Floyd (RogerWaters)  sweet dreams to all

Catch ya later drongo. :)

Edited by Bassosa