No Water Coming To Our Soi-What to do?

ehs818

I live in a townhouse off of South Pattaya, midway between Third Road and Sukhumvit. This area has not had a water supply for 6 days already. I've had to buy water from someone in a truck, who's making a killing off of this area. I called the local water company phone number, plus their Call Center. Nice people, caring and concerned. Yet no one has come to inspect, explain, or bring us water. I'm talking about 40 households or more! Is this a regular scam, with the company simply turning off water in specific areas, then unleashing those trucks with water to sell? Why do I feel like I'm being victimized, like this entire area is being victimized?  Is this some sort of scam, an organized scam? Or is this simply Thai incompetence? 

After speaking to 3 different individuals, there's no water, no change. Any suggestions?

There have been cases where certain unscrupulous persons would turn off the water supply to an area at the main stop valve in the road and then offer to sell water.
Other times the owners have not paid the water bill and get cut off...sometimes whole "moo bahns" or estates are cut off because the developers/builders or management company have been pocketing the monies that should have been paid for water,electric and garbage.

Do you normally pay your water bill direct to the government water authority or someone else ?

In my part of Pattaya normally in summer or draught where there's shortage and interuptions are the norm, the water truck guys gets more business than they can handle and would only deliver to regular customers only as they can't fit in any new customers. This year we haven't had any big interruption and only had to call the water truck a couple of times only. 

On ‎04‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 1:22 PM, ehs818 said:

I called the local water company phone number, plus their Call Center.

What did they say. Did they agree there was work going on or a known fault?

If you want to have change something you must do the following:

1. Call some neighbours who also no have water.

2. Call some newspapers and local TV stations.

3. Drive all together to the water company and have a talk.

4. Next day it run in TV and in the News and for sure the water run again or you get free water delivery.

I have lived in different places in BKK and Pats.

For continued rules violations shutting of the water is usually the first penalty.

It may be nothing more then incompetence, but there may also be an issue on your Soi with some sort of violation, not paying bills, etc. 

Edited by bkk6060

When I talked to the people at the Water Dept office, non of whom speak English, I've explained in Thai the problem. And also told them that other people I've spoken to at their office promised to send a technician, a supervisor, etc., and NO ONE SHOWED UP OR CALLED ME BACK. No response except, "sorry". I'm at my wits end. All my neighbors just accept this. I don't. I guess the only thing to do is go to their office and do a sit in. Sigh. How stupid and frustrating this is....

28 minutes ago, ehs818 said:

When I talked to the people at the Water Dept office, non of whom speak English, I've explained in Thai the problem. And also told them that other people I've spoken to at their office promised to send a technician, a supervisor, etc., and NO ONE SHOWED UP OR CALLED ME BACK. No response except, "sorry". I'm at my wits end. All my neighbors just accept this. I don't. I guess the only thing to do is go to their office and do a sit in. Sigh. How stupid and frustrating this is....

I would try to find some aggressive bitch mouth Thai girl pay her 500 b and take her in there with you.  If you cannot get cooperation, have her plead your case.

I am serious.

We live on an estate where a lot of very rich Thais live ,funny our water has never gone off in 11 years and if the lecy goes off its back very quickly ,same when there were some thefts years ago the police chief held a meeting inviting the residents to show off the thief and tell us it would not happen again , strange that lol

Nothing unusual. Back in the 90s even the hotels near the beach had to buy water. I doubt that infrastructure has improved since.

It's always come down to Pattaya having too much development and people for the basics like water to cope.

If one doesn't want to accept that one is living in a third world country when it comes to infrastructure, I suggest moving out of Pattaya to a less built up area.

My wife's village never had a water shortage as most had wells.

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Nothing unusual

Depends where he is and exactly why it has happened. 2/3 days you could say not unusual but over 6 days certainly is these days - the 90s was rather a long time ago.......

Just now, topt said:

Depends where he is and exactly why it has happened. 2/3 days you could say not unusual but over 6 days certainly is these days - the 90s was rather a long time ago.......

That's why I mentioned that I doubt the infrastructure has improved. PLUS, there are a LOT more people in Pattaya now. Just not enough water to provide for all, despite the canal or whatever they built.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's an update to my situation. I took someones advice and actually went to their office. After 3 visits the chief superintendent  came to the soi and saw the problem. They dug up some pipe, installed a new temporary pipe for the soi and we've had water for 10 days now. Today they are burying the pipe so it's going to look very nice shortly. FYI, not one Thai person on my soi even bothered to call the Water Dept about it.