Two Chinese tourists face maximum fine of 50,000 baht each for assault and public nuisance

webfact

Two Chinese tourists face maximum fine of 50,000 baht each for assault and public nuisance

By Thai PBS

vlcsnap-2017-08-08-14h49m59s501.png

BANGKOK: -- Two Chinese tourists were arrested by tourist police at Suvarnabhumi international airport and charged for assault of their countryman.

Both Yang Liang and Xiao Hu were fined at maximum of 50,000 baht each, and their records were sent to the Immigration Bureau for black listing consideration.

The arrest came after a video clip was posted on social media showing the two tourists were assaulting a Chinese illegal tour guide at a duty free shop in Bang Plee, Samut Prakarn. The poster said it was a brawl between the Chinese illegal tour guides.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/two-chinese-tourists-face-maximum-fine-50000-baht-assault-public-nuisance/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-08-08

Wonder how many Thais are charged B 50,000 for common assault? usually a wai and a bit of public grovelling isn't it......?

A cynic might believe the Chinese were involved in a shake down though it is without doubt they are guilty, maybe the Buffoons in Brown have different tariffs for different nationalities....

4 hours ago, mark131v said:

Wonder how many Thais are charged B 50,000 for common assault? usually a wai and a bit of public grovelling isn't it......?

A cynic might believe the Chinese were involved in a shake down though it is without doubt they are guilty, maybe the Buffoons in Brown have different tariffs for different nationalities....

Yes, a Thai wields a machete at a fellow motorist and gets a 500 baht fine!

Chinese tourists fine(d) 50,000 baht for public nuisance.

Now there's a cash cow. Pay for schools, hospitals, submarines, corruption, wait; sorry,  I think I got the order the wrong way around. OK. Corruption ......:wink:

Yep great idea! Take the law into your own hands when you are a Guest in somebody else's country and punish those that piss you off!!  Must be some kind of Chinese Feng Shui? Seems like stupidity taken to the next level!!

"The police chief also warned poster of the clip that the posting might violate the Computer Crime Act as what was said in the clip was false.

The two Chinese men are not guides and the tour company that took them here is legal tour company, he added"

The whole Thai pbs article refers to the Chinese guys as guides until this...

15 hours ago, mark131v said:

Maybe....just maybe.

10 hours ago, helloagain said:

Foriengers 50,000 baht. Thai 500 baht or let off

Hope this ratio is not considered as entry fee public parks/attraction etc  for foreigners vs Thai.

16 hours ago, mark131v said:

Yeah, they should have different tariffs. I you can´t come visit a country, and make problem in a foreign country, then you should have a higher punishment than the people that originate from that country.
My sinecere opinion. If you can´t behave while travelling. Stay home!

Makes me sick really, 50,000 and the road rage Thais get 500 fine. Thailand should be charged by the international court on human rights.

That fine would be shared out in the police circle. 

The chines were probably warned, pay or we lock you up and take you to court. 

It needs the foreign countrys to make public warnings to their citizens traveling to Thailand, then it is posdible the government would start to do something about this Police scammng.

Some time back i was driving from Khone Kaen to Pattaya, coming down a 2 lane wde road i had 2 wagons in front on the left side, i overtake them and pulled over back on the left side. Further down i was stopped by highway police.

He charged me 400 baht for drivng on the right lane. I explained i was over taking the 2 wagons, he said i had to over take them 1 at a time, I could not understand his stupid reply. He xplained more that i cannot over take 2 wagons. I needed to overtake the first one, then pull over to the left lane and then overtake the other one.

i started to laugh in his face. I argued with him, he threatened to take my keys and make me go to the nearst police centre to pay the fine.

I had to give him the 400. I pulled out my APEC  New Zealand card and said i was from New Zealand government, he gave me 200 back.

The brainless overtaking rule he said was so stupd.

The 2 wagons were so close together it would have been impossible to pull over after the first overtake.