Pattaya cabbie knocks out foreign tourist who grabbed his shirt

webfact

Pattaya cabbie knocks out foreign tourist who grabbed his shirt

1pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

PATTAYA: -- A Pattaya cabbie told police yesterday that he punched a foreign tourist in the face knocking him out after the foreigner ran into the road.

Police who went to the scene in Pattaya Sai 2 found the 40 year old unidentified foreigner propped up on the sidewalk after good Samaritans had retrieved him from the road.

He was treated at the scene by foundation medics then taken to hospital, reported Sanook.

Still at the scene was Anan, 46 a taxi driver. He said that he was driving around with another passenger when the man rushed into the road and hit his cab.

The foreigner then blocked his way.

Anan got out to see what the problem was then he alleged that the foreigner grabbed him by the shirt.

A fight broke out and the taxi driver smashed the foreigner in the face knocking him out.

Police are waiting for the foreigner to recover before attempting to get to the truth of the matter.

Sanook did not report and charges or action as yet in the matter.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-08-11

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2nd road is extremely dangerous to cross because drivers are speeding, it is right in the heart of the tourist scene and just like beach road should have traffic calming measures to slow the speed down, nobody should be doing more than 20kmph, what's the hurry, I have seen many incidents caused by speeding cars, I suspect that is exactly what happened here, this Farang was crossing the road and nearly go run over by a taxi driver driving like a lunatic.

It could be argued why try to cross the road - well there is only one way and we all know about the pedestrian lights and how effective they are so if you want to get across there is no other option, they need effective traffic calming in all these high density tourist areas.

Taxi driver detained for punching foreigner in the face 

tpb1.jpg

A taxi driver in Pattaya was arrested by police after he was seen punching a foreigner in the face.

The 40-year-old foreigner whose identity remains unknown fell to the ground unconsciously after he was punched in the face by the taxi driver Anand Boontang.

The incident happened before midnight last night (Aug 10) in front of White Rose hotel on Pattaya 2 road in Pattaya.

He stayed at the scene until the police arrived and detained him for questioning.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/taxi-driver-detained-punching-foreigner-face/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-08-11

6 minutes ago, Thaiwrath said:

If that Spanish mush from the beach gets hold of this story, it could be curtains for Thailand ! :post-4641-1156693976:

Why? The tourist acted like a <deleted> and got punched out. I think wherever in the world you are, act like a punk, you get beaten like a punk.

Edited by TVGerry

23 minutes ago, TVGerry said:

Why? The tourist acted like a <deleted> and got punched out. I think wherever in the world you are, act like a punk, you get beaten like a punk.

sounds like you are ready to drive a taxi in Thailand.

The cab driver should have done nothing but leave/get away. He should be held responsible for all hospital bills and stripped of his license to drive a taxi.

Lets hope the passenger does not suffer from any serious injury.

Edited by NCC1701A

4 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

sounds like you are ready to drive a cab in Thailand.

The cab driver should have done nothing but leave/get away.

Good idea. But I'm puzzled by how one leaves/gets away when one's car is being blocked by an idiot? Or when one's shirt is being grabbed?

1 hour ago, smedly said:

...nobody should be doing more than 20kmph...

Perhaps we should have a person walking in front of each vehicle with a red flag too ... oh wait, that's already been done

A001089.jpg

Edited by Salerno

58 minutes ago, TVGerry said:

Still bad P R for Thailand .. Social media and Youtube will ensure that .. Have a look how many Y T vid's are up on the state of the beach .. 

1 hour ago, smedly said:

2nd road is extremely dangerous to cross because drivers are speeding, it is right in the heart of the tourist scene and just like beach road should have traffic calming measures to slow the speed down, nobody should be doing more than 20kmph, what's the hurry, I have seen many incidents caused by speeding cars, I suspect that is exactly what happened here, this Farang was crossing the road and nearly go run over by a taxi driver driving like a lunatic.

It could be argued why try to cross the road - well there is only one way and we all know about the pedestrian lights and how effective they are so if you want to get across there is no other option, they need effective traffic calming in all these high density tourist areas.

Absolutely spot on Smed's old boy .. Trying to cross 2nd road ( particularly at night ) is a treacherous experience .. even if the large vehicles slow or stop for you its  the mental motorcyclists who will take you out .. Subway's or footbridges ( as they have in provincial cities and Bangkok ) are the only really safe options .. 

11 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

Absolutely spot on Smed's old boy .. Trying to cross 2nd road ( particularly at night ) is a treacherous experience .. even if the large vehicles slow or stop for you its  the mental motorcyclists who will take you out .. Subway's or footbridges ( as they have in provincial cities and Bangkok ) are the only really safe options .. 

or beach road and 2nd road turned into pedestrian zones if they cannot control the lunatic driving, and not every traffic incident gets reported, out of every 1 incident that makes it to the news there are many more that don't - I know this for a fact as I have witnessed many that never make it to the news

48 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Perhaps we should have a person walking in front of each vehicle with a red flag too ... oh wait, that's already been done

A001089.jpg

and is this your solution the carnage on Thai roads, you are a talent wasted

I have crossed second road hundreds of times over the years, sometimes drivers speed up and aim for you. It's so dangerous, crossings and lights don't work. What is it with Thais that when you step on the road they immediately speed up?

1 hour ago, bmanly said:

I have crossed second road hundreds of times over the years, sometimes drivers speed up and aim for you. It's so dangerous, crossings and lights don't work. What is it with Thais that when you step on the road they immediately speed up?

I thought they just drove vehicles with wandering steering and sticking accelerators whilst not looking where they're going .. :smile:

3 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

subways wouldnt work with the flooding but Ive always wondered why they cant put in a few footbridges like they have in the rest of Thailand, but why spend money on tourist safety when it can be siphoned off else where?

7 hours ago, TVGerry said:

Don't believe everything you read, try a vacation and get your system re-tuned.

1 minute ago, wakeupplease said:

Don't believe everything you read, try a vacation and get your system re-tuned.

I don't actually. But I've always notice the <deleted> here who are more than willing to give the foreigners the benefit of the doubt. You may be wrong, I may be wrong but in this case, the taxi driver could be in the right and the idiot who got beat down deserved it. 

Perhaps you should take a vacation from this country. You need to spend some time away from the locals you probably despise.