Global search for Red Bull heir draws a blank

webfact

When the Statute of Limitations was running out on Thaksin and Yingluck (and other political enemies), the "government" seemed to kick it up a notch. Now, it seems the extent of their efforts is limited to much hand-wringing.

Maybe the PM can use Article 44 to extend the Statute of Limitations in cases where a policeman has been killed? Just kidding.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Interpol ???

Thailand is member of the Interpol, but until this very moment has NOT published a RED NOTICE for the "boss".

https://www.interpol.int/notice/search/wanted

That shows clearly, that the RTP is not willing to arrest Vorayuth. Too many big brown envelopes had been exchanged a long time ago. In case of a RED NOTICE  there would be not many places to hide.

The only UN nations which are not INTERPOL member countries are

North Korea
Kiribati
Micronesia
Palau
Solomon Islands
Tuvalu
Vanuatu

Wonder what happened to his Private Jet he left in Singapore............and with his huge Yacht, he could sail the world almost indefinately, his money can buy Diplomatic Passports in dozens of countries without extradition treaties with Thailand, and most assuredly, a huge chunk of his money is parked offshore.  I don;t see him coming in anytime soon.:passifier:

Edited by TunnelRat69

21 minutes ago, wavemanwww said:

They should check out Pakistan where Ex  Osama bin Laden has an empty house... :-)

Naah, they dozed it down, didn't want it made into some sort of shrine to the Bastard

18 hours ago, thequietman said:

Impossible I tell you!

Immigration would have spotted him on arrival into Thailand surely. :clap2:

I know you are being sarcastic but have you ever flown privately?

You disembark at a separate,normally very high class terminal and get treated like a VIP.

The pilot is responsible for immigration and customs declarations and very often the authorities do not even attend.

In France, arriving on a yacht, you had to declare arrival with the marina office and wait one hour. If no immigration or customs official arrives in that time, you are free to go ashore.  I'm not sure if the same applies to private aviation as I've only ever used it domestically in the US.

Given that this little <deleted> flies around in a private jet, I'm sure he can land pretty much anywhere in Thailand, and sorting out the local officials would not even cost much.

I don't know why they didn't confiscate his jet when he "abandoned" it in Singapore when he ran away before his court date.

14 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

He has certainly a new set of different passports. The police investigators, prosecutors and courts have given him over 4 years time to get new papers.  With all his money and his family connections, no problem.

Actually, it's all the fault of us on Thai Visa!  When the accident was first reported, after he'd tried to get the gardener to take the blame and then ran away,there were shouts here of "give him 15 years!", or, "he should get at least 15 years for this!"

The authorities just took this advice the wrong way.

Just another Thai "misunderstanding".

:saai:

15 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

Not gonna name names, but a smart arse in this thread who claim that the last charge expires in 3 weeks is wrong, as always.

Amnat said the statute of the limitations for Vorayuth’s alleged failure to stop his car and help the victim would expire on September 3.

“If the process is delayed, that charge may expire,” he said. 

The charge of reckless driving causing the death of another has 15-year statute of limitations.

Thanks for continuing to read my posts. I thought you had me on ignore. Glad you appreciate the value of my insightful posts, albeit grudgingly. But I digress.

The National police chief and others limit their comments to the "more serious charge of hit-and-run" and so far, I have not seen anything in the media to suggest that in this instance, the police and prosecutors are talking about the "death by reckless driving" charge. In the thread that you have thoughtfully linked to, the opening sentence is, "Police have formally asked the public prosecution for the extradition of Red Bull heir Vorayuth “Boss” Yoovidhya to stand trial on hit-and-run charges which led to the death of a Thong Lor traffic policeman five years ago."

The police repeatedly view this as the "more serious" charge that incurs a 6-month sentence versus the largely ignored "causing death by reckless driving" charge that carries the much more onerous 10-year term. The worthless paperwork that took the police three weeks to draft before passing to the public prosecutors relates to the charge of hit-and-run which will expire shortly and has nothing at all to do with what we consider to be the much more serious, 10-year charge. Per the following, the police have always conspired to give "Boss" the easiest of options and will continue to do so.

1   The "speeding" charge, probably the easiest to prosecute, had 1 year validity and has long gone. The family even handed over a gardener who they alleged  'stole' the car and was initially 'arrested' by the police before that arresting officer was punted off to an inactive post. Then they 'got serious' on letting the first clock run down.

2   The current "hit-and-run" charge after 5 years will similarly pass relatively unnoticed with much faux wringing of hands and "we tried our best" from the authorities. FWIW, they did revoke his Thai passport last May.

3   The virtually unspoken "death by reckless driving" charge that threatens 10 years.... well, nobody is going near that one. Ever.

Unless there's something that seriously threatens the Red Bull global brand name and their corporate body makes a public disassociation with the co-founders, this expiring charge IS the last charge.

Edited by NanLaew

20 hours ago, nisakiman said:

I can't believe how stupid this guy is.

With his money and connections, if he'd dealt with the situation at the time, he would have ended up paying the cop's family what for him would be small change in compensation, and maybe been given community service, which he probably wouldn't have done anyway. Now he's in deep sh*t, and even his money isn't going to save him.

Here's hoping but.......

Golly.  Now who could have predicted that? But at some point he will have to show up somewhere.  What will be the excuse then? Sorry: Extradition expired? Someone misfiled the paper work.  etc etc.  Only a couple more weeks and then more charges expire.  Somebody is really getting their money.'s worth.  Wake me up when he is back here, under arrest and in front of a judge.

59 minutes ago, saminoz said:

I know you are being sarcastic but have you ever flown privately?

You disembark at a separate,normally very high class terminal and get treated like a VIP.

The pilot is responsible for immigration and customs declarations and very often the authorities do not even attend.

In France, arriving on a yacht, you had to declare arrival with the marina office and wait one hour. If no immigration or customs official arrives in that time, you are free to go ashore.  I'm not sure if the same applies to private aviation as I've only ever used it domestically in the US.

Given that this little <deleted> flies around in a private jet, I'm sure he can land pretty much anywhere in Thailand, and sorting out the local officials would not even cost much.

I don't know why they didn't confiscate his jet when he "abandoned" it in Singapore when he ran away before his court date.

You don't know why?   You jest, of course.

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

The National police chief and others limit their comments to the "more serious charge of hit-and-run" and so far, I have not seen anything in the media to suggest that in this instance, the police and prosecutors are talking about the "death by reckless driving" charge. In the thread that you have thoughtfully linked to, the opening sentence is, "Police have formally asked the public prosecution for the extradition of Red Bull heir Vorayuth “Boss” Yoovidhya to stand trial on hit-and-run charges which led to the death of a Thong Lor traffic policeman five years ago."

So you mean this is only visible for my eyes?

But he remains accused of reckless driving resulting in death, which has a 15-year statute of limitations,

21 hours ago, nisakiman said:

I can't believe how stupid this guy is.

With his money and connections, if he'd dealt with the situation at the time, he would have ended up paying the cop's family what for him would be small change in compensation, and maybe been given community service, which he probably wouldn't have done anyway. Now he's in deep sh*t, and even his money isn't going to save him.

With those means I suspect it’s got very little to do with the money.

Probably a lot more to do with face on the one hand - trying to avoid a family member getting a rap sheet as a traffic vandal and cop killer.

And on the other, a rap sheet like that might also legally preclude him as unsuitable from directorships in listed companies or things like that. Remember how Thaksin was booted from ownership of Man. City as ‚not of good repute’ or something similar?

Whatever, even if they do get him back to LOS ahead of any charges not already lapsed due to  statutes of limitations, he still won't face as much punishment as your average mushroom picker.

10 minutes ago, BusyB said:

Remember how Thaksin was booted from ownership of Man. City as ‚not of good repute’ or something similar?

No, I don't remember.  That's probably because that's utter rollocks.

He sold Manchester City for a GBP 120 million profit, and most certainly wasn't "booted".  It was a simple business decision.

After he sold it he was made Honorary President of the club.  Hardly something they would have done if he were not "of good repute".

Edited by Oxx

21 hours ago, eisfeld said:

Why would his family have to pay for his crime? If you do something bad, would it be OK to hold your mother liable? Let's not move even further away from civilized behaviour than we already are.

Harbouring and abetting a wanted criminal, complacent in covering up his crime by putting a family servant forward as the guilty party, perverting the pursuit of justice.