Pattaya hospital director says it's all a "misunderstanding" after old terminally ill cancer patient pictured in blood on the floor

webfact

Pattaya hospital director says it's all a "misunderstanding" after old terminally ill cancer patient pictured in blood on the floor

5pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

PATTAYA: -- The director of Bang Lamung hospital in Pattaya has said a picture and comments alleging an attack by hospital staff on an aging cancer patient at his hospital was a misunderstanding.

A post on Facebook had caused an online drama after a man said he went to the shower rooms and heard a commotion outside and thought an assault was taking place.

The man emerged to find a fellow patent on the floor virtually naked and covered in blood. A picture was then posted online along with various comments.

Many people thought the old man had been attacked and left for dead on the floor.

Today the hospital director Dr Narongsak Ekwattanakul described what he said actually happened.

The patient concerned is a terminally ill cancer patient without any relatives to help him, said the director. He is very upset by his condition and irascible.

He had urinated on himself and been taken for a shower and had been reluctant to go. The staff had been firm with him but no assault had taken place.

He was taken back to bed afterwards and the nurses went about other duties. At this point the patient went back to the showers by himself and fell over outside the door.

The blood came from an existing wound to his leg, said Dr Narongsak.

The director said he was surprised that such a thing had been uploaded to Facebook.

He said that the poster of the picture and comments had accepted that he had not seen what happened only overheard voices from outside his cubicle.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-08-14

11 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Alleged attack a misunderstanding!!!!! My a++e.

Many times we read about things happening, then the top dog spouts off about a misunderstanding.

Shame on you sir, trying to protect the scum who did this.

Oh, it was on Facebook, so it must be true ? :sleepy:

I believe the director's statement. It is much more likely than what the poster seems to have phantasized. While public media like facebook are a blessing to unveil bad things there is also a risk they are abused,  by posting untruth because of misunderstanding (or because of bad intentions of course)

7 minutes ago, Thaiwrath said:

Oh, it was on Facebook, so it must be true ? :sleepy:

You make a joke about it, sad that what it is sad.

As i have posted on here before, when i was in hospital for 7 months 1 nurse physically abused me on several occasions.

So stop with the smart comments please.

5 minutes ago, colinneil said:

You make a joke about it, sad that what it is sad.

As i have posted on here before, when i was in hospital for 7 months 1 nurse physically abused me on several occasions.

So stop with the smart comments please.

I have been in Government hospitals too, and I have seen numerous, usually aged, people, who are not in full control of their senses.

It is sad to see, but it is not possible to keep an eye on every patient every second of the day. That is why families get heavily involved looking after their relations. Accidents do happen, and apart from some idle 'hearsay', I do not see why this is being classed as abuse.

43 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Alleged attack a misunderstanding!!!!! My a++e.

Many times we read about things happening, then the top dog spouts off about a misunderstanding.

And how do you know the truth of what happened? You don't!

16 hours ago, sweatalot said:

what the poster seems to have phantasized.

Sorry, can't ignore the elephant in the room... even when the story is about a pharmaceutical establishment.... put simply, if you have fantasies you fantasise!!!

14 hours ago, colinneil said:

Read my second post on this thread before you make silly comments.

So because something happened to you in the past it is now clear cut that every person bleeding in a hospital has been attacked and beaten up by staff?

Sounds logical... *rolling eyes in disbelief*

Bottom line is that we heard one side of the story, and unless anyone with first-hand knowledge about this speaks up to give another side of the story there is little ground to state the director is lying.

40 minutes ago, Bob12345 said:

So because something happened to you in the past it is now clear cut that every person bleeding in a hospital has been attacked and beaten up by staff?

Sounds logical... *rolling eyes in disbelief*

Bottom line is that we heard one side of the story, and unless anyone with first-hand knowledge about this speaks up to give another side of the story there is little ground to state the director is lying.

Yes it happened to me, and yes i does happen everywhere ok!!

99% of all nurses/ hospital staff are caring dedicated people, but there is a very small minority who are evil.

The nurse who attacked me was dismissed from the hospital last year after being caught doing the same to another patient.

As we all know directors have been known to lie to cover up their own and their staffs failings./

So stop trying to make a fool of me.

Hey CollinNeil

i live in Khon Kaen been in the Rachapum hospital many times. You do have to be very careful going to the toilet/shower if there is some water on the floor it is very slippy. I have nearly gone a cropper a few times.

The old guy is probably bad on his feet/legs and what the director said is very much believable. To many people just jump to conclusions like i have noticed you do on many occasions.

I have always been treated very well by hospital staff. You must have been one pain in the ass if you say you were abused by one particular nurse.

He was probably told by the nurses to call them if he wanted to go.  

1 hour ago, shaurene said:

Hey CollinNeil

i live in Khon Kaen been in the Rachapum hospital many times. You do have to be very careful going to the toilet/shower if there is some water on the floor it is very slippy. I have nearly gone a cropper a few times.

The old guy is probably bad on his feet/legs and what the director said is very much believable. To many people just jump to conclusions like i have noticed you do on many occasions.

I have always been treated very well by hospital staff. You must have been one pain in the ass if you say you were abused by one particular nurse.

He was probably told by the nurses to call them if he wanted to go.  

a very logical and true analysis.  hospital patients especially older, sicker, less oriented ones have accidents all the time. get cut, fracture bones, or worse.

I have read many posts here defending the director, all of them utter nonsense.

A misunderstanding my backside, even the Prime minister is using that same pathetic excuse now regarding the harpoon missiles.

Misunderstanding is a favorite term here when they are covering up things.

47 minutes ago, colinneil said:

I have read many posts here defending the director, all of them utter nonsense.

A misunderstanding my backside, even the Prime minister is using that same pathetic excuse now regarding the harpoon missiles.

Misunderstanding is a favorite term here when they are covering up things.

And for everything else, we have plain old ordinary lying!

On 8/14/2017 at 3:25 PM, webfact said:

The man emerged to find a fellow patent on the floor virtually naked and covered in blood. A picture was then posted online along with various comments.

First thing I would do when seeing a distressed, elderly man bleeding on the floor is... reach for my camera phone too.

The director said he was surprised that such a thing had been uploaded to Facebook.

So I take it the Director isn't Thai then?

On 8/14/2017 at 3:33 PM, colinneil said:

Scum who did what? He fell over.

He was taken back to bed afterwards and the nurses went about other duties. At this point the patient went back to the showers by himself

Possibly inattentive, overworked or lackadaisical staff. Happens in the NHS as well BTW.