Pattaya tunnel - unveiling confirmed for August 25th!

snoop1130

7 hours ago, stud858 said:

Been told by my friend at condo level 11 window view that traffic is running through the tunnel.

You are all welcome to use it and I declare on behalf of all peaceful falang, the tunnel is now open.

Apparently due to the early morning rain here in central Patts (5-6am) the tunnel was temporarily closed,however as it was only light rainfall traffic was quickly on the move again...........better to be safe chaps surely :cheesy:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Dashcam video uploaded yesterday.

First passing northbound and then southbound.

Ok, it's not spectacular :biggrin:

From this video you can calculate the distance between the arches at the entrance of both sides of the tunnel, and it is FAR less than 1900 meter

8 minutes ago, tomas557 said:

From this video you can calculate the distance between the arches at the entrance of both sides of the tunnel, and it is FAR less than 1900 meter

No secret if you refer to the lenght of the actual "tube" which is about 400 m.

The 1900 m includes the whole length from the very beginning of the access ramps.

2 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

No secret if you refer to the lenght of the actual "tube" which is about 400 m.

The 1900 m includes the whole length from the very beginning of the access ramps.

The arches are at the access of the ramps, so if you drive 1 minute and 2 seconds, at an average of 65Km/h, what distance you have travelled then?

Answers on a postcard.

Edited by tomas557

I have only checked the length of the tube so far.

I'll try to measure the total length later.

But from a quick glance you seem to be right that something is wrong with 1900m.

EDIT: it's roughly about 1100 m between the arches/ramp accesses.

No idea what they added to get 1900m.

Maybe total lenght of construction work, whatever.

So a 400m tube grows to 1900m in Thailand :biggrin:

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 11:01 AM, petermik said:

Apparently due to the early morning rain here in central Patts (5-6am) the tunnel was temporarily closed,however as it was only light rainfall traffic was quickly on the move again...........better to be safe chaps surely

Soooooooooooooooooooooo. They spend 5 times as long to build it as an overhead ramp, at some astronomical amount more than a simple ramp, and they have to close it whenever it rains.

:cheesy:   times a million.

8 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

I have only checked the length of the tube so far.

I'll try to measure the total length later.

But from a quick glance you seem to be right that something is wrong with 1900m.

EDIT: it's roughly about 1100 m between the arches/ramp accesses.

No idea what they added to get 1900m.

Maybe total lenght of construction work, whatever.

So a 400m tube grows to 1900m in Thailand :biggrin:

I measured the tunnel this evening with the car odometer, from entrance ramp to exit ramp is 950 meter.

1900 meter takes you from Exit of the highway to almost at the u-turn past the tunnel, to be exactly opposite the Mc Donalds.

11 hours ago, tomas557 said:

I measured the tunnel this evening with the car odometer, from entrance ramp to exit ramp is 950 meter.

1900 meter takes you from Exit of the highway to almost at the u-turn past the tunnel, to be exactly opposite the Mc Donalds.

haha

9 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Mystery solved.

950*2 = 1900

:biggrin:

You beat me to it.  I would not be surprised if the Thais are doing the accounting this way.  Heck, since it is 2 lanes each way, maybe the construction credits will grow to 950*4

1 hour ago, gk10002000 said:

haha

You beat me to it.  I would not be surprised if the Thais are doing the accounting this way.  Heck, since it is 2 lanes each way, maybe the construction credits will grow to 950*4

That would not only explain the high tourist numbers 'created' by the TAT, but also high growth numbers in the GDP... 

14 hours ago, balo said:

What no accidents yet ?

When I board a plane I always suggest it would be just my luck if the plane crashes so then the plane won't crash to prove I'm wrong. I guess the same thing here. There will be no crashes. Sure sure.

• 2 months later...