Kasikorn bank, worst bank in Thailand ?

I have been using kbank for 1 year now and i have had enough of it. 

My company use kbank and i also use it for my personal account as this is where i get my salary. 

Just a few incidents : 

activiting k cash connect plus for my company took about 6 monthes, and although calling them and trying to get someone to help us and explain what we have to do nobody give us any help. I think me and my assistant spend well over 100 hours to get it going (my assistant is Thai so language barier shouldnt be the issue here) 

now we have opened a credit line with them, it took again 3 monthes. Now that its activated , they automatically withdraw money from my saving account to the current account with the credit line. Although multiple calles to them, they dont know how to fix it. The best answer i got : "it s an IT problem" 

Now this month i finally had a week off and decided to enjoy that in Bali. So trying to learn from my mistakes i call kbank call center and ask if i will be able to withdraw money in Bali. They said no problem, being doubtful i go to one of the branch again. They say again not to worry, my card will work perfectly. Day 2 of my trip, i try to withdraw more then 5M idr (about 12000 thb) and it doesnt work anymore. 

I let my assistant call from thailand to them to unlock it, they dont want to do it. So i have to call from indonesia for 30 minutes at 65 thb / minute to unlock it. 

Now this morning i have meeting at the land office because i decided to buy a small condominium. I got a check for the full amount from kbank. Now they want me to get certificate that i get this cheque for buying the condo. Well what do you know, kbank cant do it. They told me i should go to bangkok bank as they only can do it. I go to krungsri bank next door and unbelievable they can do it. 

So now for me my decision is made, i will move all my accounts including my 40 employees to another bank. But my question is, is any of the other bank any better ? Or is this bad service just normal in Thailand. I would love your feedback

5 minutes ago, allane said:

You can come on this forum any day and find some farang saying  ________________ Bank (fill in the blank) is the worst bank in Thailand. That doesn't mean it is true.

Thank you for your reply Allane, I would just like to know if others experience the same bad service in other banks or if there are any descent banks in Thailand. If you have bad experience with others i would like to hear them. 

I just know I havent had this bad service anywhere else, not even in China 

I've been with Bangkok Bank for around 15 years and Krungsri Bank for around 2 years.   Had a minor issue with Bangkok Bank when updating my passport number on my accounts after renewing my passport...but got that worked out.  No issues with Krungsri Bank  so far.  I'm happy with both banks.  Your results may vary.

P.S.  Thai banks seem to make banking a lot harder than it should be, especially for farangs.  TIT.

Edited by Pib

I don't agree, it's all about the rapport and the way you approach the

bank's staff, if they like you, things are made easy and the be happy to 

assist  anyway they can, but angry and impolite attitude doesn't help,

and i'm not suggesting the OP did, is just the nature of people to extend

help if they preceded to see you as  a ' nice guy '....

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

I don't agree, it's all about the rapport and the way you approach the

bank's staff, if they like you, things are made easy and the be happy to 

assist  anyway they can, but angry and impolite attitude doesn't help,

and i'm not suggesting the OP did, is just the nature of people to extend

help if they preceded to see you as  a ' nice guy '....

Thanks Ezzra, but this has nothing with approach. Staff in kbank are almost always very friendly and smiling to me, and i do behave the same way to them. They just tell me the wrong things or say they can't help me with a smile 

which bank are you using by the way ?

Edited by aribo

I have 3 accounts with Kasikorn and never had any problems , but I don't use it for business.  Online banking works great with Kbank . ATM card can be used for shopping , VISA also when I shop from outside of Thailand.

I transfer money from abroad and never had any issues. 

3 hours ago, allane said:

You can come on this forum any day and find some farang saying  ________________ Bank (fill in the blank) is the worst bank in Thailand. That doesn't mean it is true.

Fair comment. We all remember how we have been treated, the last times predominate in out memory, along with memorable events, good or bad.

At the moment, Krungsri, where I have several accounts and joint accounts are excellent. But most of the staff I deal with are ex HSBC who I've known for over 10 years. Local branch ok, mostly very good. Kasikorn local branch ok, keen manager, but I just have one spare account there. HSBC, UK and Expat have been troublesome and less than average recently.

But others will have different experiences. I don't think any of them are uniformly good or bad. If the latter, customers would all move.

Buy a good safe ?

anker it in concrete floor,

Hide it 

buy second safe ,dont hide it ,dont even close it and leave 5000 bht in it .

The banks intrest is minimal,no loss there.

But it saves you many traveling and waiting hours ,and if something happens.....

like the coup a few years ago , when all the banks were closed and atm's were empty......

you are still the boss of your money and move all to cambodja in a few hours .

I understand if your salary comes in a bank....but that is small money,you can live it up using 

your atm -card ,still dont have to go in a bank.

I know this is not suitable for all , but surely suits me .

Kbank has its quirks, like not being able to deposit a Dept of Revenue cheque because the account was opened in a different provence, but overall for personal accounts there have not been any serious problems. While they were not able to deposit the DOR cheque they were able to issue a new ATM card for the branch in another provence. Go figure.

Now lets hear the Bank's side of the story !!

Banked with them for 25 years  (Thai Farmers before) moved money in & out of country & normal banking including wage payment on disc etc        couldn't find a more helpful bank.

Bloody sight better than any Oz or NZ bank I have used & at least 50% cheaper for fees or charges

Try the other side of the bed

6 hours ago, Pib said:

...Krungsri Bank for around 2 years... No issues with Krungsri Bank  so far.  I'm happy with both banks

best experience with KrungSri - no wonder : This basically is a Japanese bank...by performance, by philosophy

Edited by thurien

I have accounts with Bangkok Bank and Kasikorn. No trouble with either; however, I like to have Plan B there in case one of them lets me down.

Why give all your custom to only one bank? I prefer to spread risk, no matter what form it is in.

8 hours ago, aribo said:

But my question is, is any of the other bank any better ? Or is this bad service just normal in Thailand. I would love your feedback

Can have a lot to do with the local branch manager. Some loves Kbank, whilst others have bad experience – including myself, but believe it's the local branch manager – whilst you hear same story about other banks. Of course some bank may have general policies slightly different from others, but normally not that different. I have good experience – also in general – with SCB, but another poster said it's bad. I use 3 Thai banks. I had reasonable experience with Bangkok Bank – had my first Thai bank account there and stayed, even it got little downhill with a new branch manager – then they changed manager again, and now everything is possible with big smile...:smile: