Interpol issues “Blue Notice” to member countries to locate Red Bull heir

snoop1130

Interpol issues “Blue Notice” to member countries to locate Red Bull heir

boss.jpg

Interpol has sent out a notice to 190 member countries upon request from the Royal Thai Police to ask for cooperation in locating Red Bull heir Vorayuth “Boss” Yoovidhya.

The latest development in the trailing and hunting for the billionaire heir was revealed  by Royal Thai Police deputy spokesman Pol Col Krisana Pattanacharoen.

He said upon the Thai Interpol’s request, the Interpor’s General Secretariate has already issued “Blue Notice” to 190 member countries to provide information about Vorayuth.

Interpol notices are international requests for cooperation or alerts allowing police in member countries to share critical crime-related information.

The Blue notice calls for police in member countries to collect additional information about a person’s identity, location or activities in relation to a crime.

Full Story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/interpol-issues-blue-notice-member-countries-locate-red-bull-heir/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-8-22

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Chang_paarp said:

Which way did he go?

Which way did he go?

The RTP cannot work out where to look, so they have asked for foreign help. With some luck no one will help before the statute of limitations kicks in.

That's a long time i.e. 2027 for the worst and last charge, I am hopeful he will be extradited, but will probably walk free from the Thai courts due to a technicality ?

If they were serious they'd just request a red notice.. Their reasons for requesting a blue notice absolutely reek of suspicion.

Even if he went through the courts he'd still never go to jail.. Look at what happened with Jenphop. Even when he was bang to rights, a confession to halve the sentence was given, yet he still appealed and is out on bail now.

Boss's facebook page would be interesting. But it is hard to find. Maybe it's in Thai

Here we go- settle in for another 30 pages of angst, recrimination and indignation which will achieve the sum total of sod all. Yes we know he is above the law, yes we know the cops are incompetent and dragging their heels so why go through it all again. All it does is raise your blood pressure.

Even when the stature of limitations on one charge runs out in the next couple ofweeks the other charge remains extant for another 10 years.

Edited by Psimbo

43 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Interpol has sent out a notice to 190 member countries upon request from the Royal Thai Police to ask for cooperation in locating Red Bull heir Vorayuth “Boss” Yoovidhya.

I suppose there is no chance that they sent out a notice for Thaksin. Last I heard he was on the way to the Olympics via Dubai and several other stops to buy soccer teams and passports.

A Blue Notice is worthless. To quote Blue Notice: To locate, identify or obtain information on a person of interest in a criminal investigation.

Only the RED notice counts. RED notice says:

To seek the location and arrest of a person wanted by a judicial jurisdiction or an international tribunal with a view to his/her extradition.

Key word "extradition". The money has been paid and there will be no extraction and that will be the end of the chase. 

BOY...... you are free as a bird.

What a fine justice system we have here! Taken 4 years to do basically nothing then topped of with this BS. Wonder how much was in the 'Brown Envelope' to have the Interpol Notice changed from Red to Blue? September is getting closer!

11 hours ago, midas said:

I bet they would issue a red notice if someone was on the run after being caught picking mushrooms in a protected forest

When I checked a few days ago, not a single notice for a Thai national had been raised with Interpol by Thailand.  It would appear that Thailand is very reluctant to use Interpol, for whatever reason.  This Blue Notice is quite exceptional, even if it is insufficient.

14 minutes ago, Oxx said:

When I checked a few days ago, not a single notice for a Thai national had been raised with Interpol by Thailand.  It would appear that Thailand is very reluctant to use Interpol, for whatever reason.  This Blue Notice is quite exceptional, even if it is insufficient.

Big deal ITs a blue notice nothing more stop defending the lack of will here 

12 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

That's a long time i.e. 2027 for the worst and last charge, I am hopeful he will be extradited, but will probably walk free from the Thai courts due to a technicality ?

My bet is that they have announced the bit about interpol (lowest level) and it will now all go back to sleep for as long as possible, until someone again demands some comment, and then a week or more to develop some re-action with another blatant foolish and unprofessional excuse, then asleep again.  

Edited by scorecard

23 minutes ago, realenglish1 said:
38 minutes ago, Oxx said:

Big deal ITs a blue notice nothing more stop defending the lack of will here 

Not "defending the lack of will".  I wrote "it is insufficient".  Try reading more carefully before casting aspersions.

If the blue notice is only for the charge of failing to help an accident victim, then it will end with the SoL running out next month - and then it's back to the start again. Expect the next blue notice to be sought in about August 2027.

Smoke and mirrors. The Thai authorities have made it pretty clear that they are going to do everything they can to delay, mishandle and make "mistake" after mistake, to ensure he is never extradited. If they had any intention whatsoever of bringing him to justice, they wouldn't have let him run off in the first place.

56 minutes ago, scorecard said:

My bet is that they have announced the bit about interpol (lowest level) and it will now all go back to sleep for as long as possible, until someone again demands some comment, and then a week or more to develop some re-action with another blatant foolish and unprofessional excuse, then asleep again.  

Perhaps they should freeze his assets, i.e. if he has any here, that would have some impact, and why not, the did it the last PM, prior to her court hearing even announcing a verdict, guilty before being proven innocent I suppose you could say.

Edited by 4MyEgo

14 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

"............due to a technicality ?"  

NO, due to large brown envelopes! :post-4641-1156693976: And the PM thinks he has stopped corruption? Next joke please.

14 hours ago, Chang_paarp said:

Which way did he go?

Which way did he go?

The RTP cannot work out where to look, so they have asked for foreign help. With some luck no one will help before the statute of limitations kicks in.

hehe he is probably here in thailand... much easier to pay police to stay hidden here

20 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

"............due to a technicality ?"  

NO, due to large brown envelopes! :post-4641-1156693976: And the PM thinks he has stopped corruption? Next joke please.

You mean suitcase full of brown envelopes, don;t forget that those having to be fed start and the bottom and go all the way to the top.

13 hours ago, Cadbury said:

A Blue Notice is worthless. To quote Blue Notice: To locate, identify or obtain information on a person of interest in a criminal investigation.

Only the RED notice counts. RED notice says:

To seek the location and arrest of a person wanted by a judicial jurisdiction or an international tribunal with a view to his/her extradition.

Key word "extradition". The money has been paid and there will be no extraction and that will be the end of the chase. 

BOY...... you are free as a bird.

A Blue Notice is worthless

You're absolutely right! But it gives the guys with bulging brown envelopes time to hide them, and after 3 September another Statute of Limitations will become history...

When we express our disgust at the Thai so-called justice system, particularly as relevant to this case, no doubt there are some on here who are tempted to remind us that, if we don't like it, then we should get the first plane back to our own nanny states.

All that attitude does is reinforce the view that we are not allowed an opinion of our own. 

1 hour ago, lvr181 said:

And the PM thinks he has stopped corruption? 

He has stopped nothing, only those not in favour are investigated.

He himself knows he has no choice in anything, he has to follow orders from those above him, otherwise those with the real power order an investigation targetting him, and he certainly doesn't want an in depth investigation into his own massive wealth, he knows what can happen to those not in favour.

Look at Pongpat, once completely untouchable, then........all of a sudden, he's out of favour, investigated and convicted.

The massive corruption by those in charge of the guns is deliberately overlooked by those at the very top, overlooked yes, but they know what's going on and can bring the hammer down when they want, this is why when there is a threat to the Status Quo, the tanks are on the streets and people are killed, it's all to protect the people at the very top.

The Army Chief has no choice but to do what he's told, those at the top control him, they have a dossier on him and all the Generals, they all have no choice, it's a case of do as you're told or else we'll put someone in your place who WILL do as he's told, you'll be investigated, disgraced and lose all the wealth we've allowed you to amass.

Edited by Broken Record