Thai-British actress 'Anna Reese' warns against drunk driving

webfact

6 hours ago, jerojero said:

Continues to drink at home. Problem still exists. Matter of time she gets behind the wheel regardless of license suspension. No behaviour change for her. Nothing accomplished by her conviction.

I remember in the 70's and 80's many people were caught for DUI when driving to work the next morning after a night out clubbing. Boozing till the early hours and then driving to work a few hours later. Quite a few police friends in different forces all said that. People think the affects have gone but they haven't. And she clearly has a drink issue.

6 hours ago, gummy said:

Thai British ? Wonder what part of her anatomy is British ? If it were the brain she would know she should be on a manslaughter charge

Probably somewhere in the brain, the part that allows you to drink and think.

“When you do that and cause an accident, it won’t end there,” she said. “In my case I lost everything including my future [in entertainment and acting] and reputation.”

If any of that is actually true, at least it's a more substantial outcome and penalty than anything the Thai "justice" system dished out to her.

7 hours ago, BigBadGeordie said:

What a bloody shame for her! 

Where is the statement of remorse for the loss of life of the Police Offficer.

Self centred ................

I think you have forgotten that she was visited by the ghost of the dead police officer. He forgave her and told her not to punish herself.

:whistling:

5 hours ago, gummy said:

Thai British ? Wonder what part of her anatomy is British ? If it were the brain she would know she should be on a manslaughter charge

She was born in Cypress so it is misleading in the first part of the O P to describe her as Thai British .. misconceptions like that can give us Brits a bad name .. Being an habitual drinker is not enough by all accounts as the News reports of her 2nd nicking in May /17 state she went ballistic in a bar before jumping in her motor and trying to drive off before getting hauled by the feds so there are some " anger managment " issues to be dealt with also .. The charge in Britland for killing someone as she did is causing death by drunken driving and carries upto 14 yrs inside , a mandatory 2 yr driving ban with the judges often ramping that upto 3yrs minimum , a mandatory requirement to resit you're driving test along with fines , cost's , legal fee's etc .. And should you get you're licence back after all that you'll find you wasted you're time as very very few if any insurance companies will touch you with a bargepole with that black stain on you're licence .. Or put another way if the hussy had killed a cop in Britland as she did here she would still be inside and would not have been able to do it again .. Probably won't be the last we hear of her and alcohol .. 

8 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Why not? There doesn't seem to be any consequences for it.

The number 1 reason I don't drink & drive isn't because I'm scared of a big fine or getting into trouble with the law - it's because I might hurt or even kill someone. If you don't care about that, crack on. Just be ready to pay the money and sell your soul on camera. 

She's an absolute piece of s***. 

To me she's a person with a serious drink problem. 

9 hours ago, webfact said:

For the first crash in 2015, Anna was sentenced to a two-year suspended jail term, fined Bt10,000 and ordered to do 24 hours of social service.

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Thirty-six hours of social service was part of the sentence given to her for the May incident along with a suspended three-year jail term, a Bt20,000 fine and suspension of her driver’s licence for two years.

Amazing Thailand, what about the rights of the families to compensate for their accidental deaths?  Or is it just me noticing.

Edited by nasanews

I don't know what to say. I personally have driven under the influence of alcohol many times and never hurt anyone. However in 1985 or 86 I was drinking at my usual watering hole whe the girl I was with decided we should get a room. I blacked out, drove about 40 miles and came to, had no idea how I got there I parked my car & decided I was done drinking. I count my blessings I didn't hurt anyone. 

So as a wise man once supposedly said, "let those among you without sin cast the first stone" 

I cannot. 30 years without a single drink

Edited by Grumpy Duck
Blame the dog

Did I understand that correctly? For fatally injuring a person (in this case a police officer) in 2015 she "was sentenced to a two-year suspended jail term, fined Bt10,000 and ordered to do 24 hours of social service."?!?!?! <deleted>! 

Life really is cheap here... 

I wonder how long it'll be until she's out again drunk driving. 

I detest people who drink and drive. Take a taxi! 

7 hours ago, dotpoom said:

To me she's a person with a serious drink problem. 

Ah, I see. 

Let's all forgive her then 'cos it's a serious drink problem. Carry on, Anna. If she gets caught drink driving again, let's hope her poor problem doesn't become another family's problem (again). 

Banned for driving for 2 years....she'll be back behind the wheel tomorrow! They can't help themselves. She should have done jail time for this.  Any farang killing someone in these circumstances would certainly still be in jail or be paying several million to get out of it. 

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Oh she is a fine one to be doling out advice.

Let her be seriously penalised and then we may have a deterrent.

Nice thought but seemingly, only lowly citizens and farang get seriously penalised and the word 'deterrent' is not understood by Government and the "justice" system. :sad: