How Much Spending Money Ensures a Good Vacation in Pattaya?

Inspire

How Much Spending Money Ensures a Good Vacation in Pattaya?

By Dan Cheeseman of inspirepattaya.com

royal-garden-plaza-1024x768.jpg

I was recently asked by a friend planning a trip to Pattaya how much spending money he needed for a two week break, and, well, it stumped me. The truth was I didn’t know what a good rate to ensure he had a good time.

Pattaya is a city of variety so what may be enough for Jack, won’t be enough for John, as they have different plans. If you were planning on playing golf everyday then that is 2,000 baht a day you would need to set aside for starters. If you want to come here for the nightlife then spending money varies on where you drink. A bottle of beer starts from maybe 40 baht and goes up to 200 baht depending on where you are.

So, the question still remains, for a typical ‘punter in Pattaya’ what is considered enough money to have a good time? Speaking to a group of guys in Soi Baokhao whom were pretty much here for the nightlife they budgeted around 10,000 baht for their accommodation over a two week stay and 2,500 baht per day spending. This sample, at very least, needed 47,000 baht for their two week vacation (air fare aside).

Full story: http://www.inspirepattaya.com/lifestyle/how-much-spending-money-ensures-a-good-vacation-in-pattaya/

inspire_pattaya_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Inspire Pattaya 2017-08-26

That was the beauty of Pattaya in the past.. Nobody really though about money. Barfines, Beer, food and hotel all super cheap against the Pound/Dollar. The, I don't care, ring the bell, barfine a third girl attitude was what made so much fun. Even a guy with a mundane job could be a Prince for a week.. But once a guy is thinking about his daily budget I can see that fun element disappearing. If you want to party hard I say even 10k baht a day isn't gonna cut it.. Barfines, ST's and premium booze all add up pretty quick. Yeah still cheaper than London or Sydney but not the bargain it once was.

11 hours ago, saakura said:

Lots of farang mongers living the high life in 400 baht fan rooms, eating curry rice in lotus food courts and  cheap beach road ladyboy prostitutes. 1500 to 2000 bahts a day?

And people wonder why expats as such in Pattaya are looked down on.

Sigh....I can remember a time when you could hurt yourself for 1000 baht a day. Sadly, at the time, back in 1979 I could only afford 500 a day so had to chill out 3 days a week. To do the same thing now more like 6000 baht or more a day.

Of course if you have come to Pattaya for the world famous sports facilities it might be a bit cheaper.

But all night wrestling with a bar girl is going to hammer the budget.

But hey ho.......If I were on a three week annual holiday I wouldn't think about it too much. Got 49 weeks to pay it off.

$100 USD a day or round up and say 4,000 baht a day can be a fine relaxing fun time without.  Reasonable room, take in a few sites.  costs go up,the more you do.  I myself find nothing wrong with having some quiet days.  lounge in the hotel pool, take some naps, catch up on sleep.  Wander the mall for a while.  Eat, sleep again.  Get a foot massage (heaven).  Take in a movie on a really hot day.  You can stay up all night and knock yourself out, but I prefer to come back from a vacation a little rested, trade off for some fun of course.  Party one day, slum the next day.

1.   Hotel with pool 1000 baht a day.  Can get a cheaper guest house, and rent a pool ~100 baht/day anywhere
  2.   Food.
    1.   Thai food 300 baht
    2. Western food 1000 baht.  Fine weiner schnitzel, fried potatoes, salat at Domocile like 500 baht?
    3. Full english breakfast.  Gotta have that a few times.
  3. Transportation.
    1. Baht bus, motor taxi 200 baht/day
    2. Rent motor bike 1000 baht/day?
    3. bus/taxi to from BKK airport.  140 baht for one bus each way, Bell bus twice that with connecting door to door mini van dropoff.  Taxi, 1500 baht each way with a range of prices.
  4. Drinking.  hah! 
    1. 5 beers at beer bar?  500 baht.  Add more as needed
  5. Massage
    1. Foot massage.  300 baht/day includes tip
    2. Oil massage.  400 baht/day includes tip
    3. Body massage?  3000 baht/day includes tip
  6. Girl friend
    1. Short time?  wide range here.  2000 baht/day covers everything.  Beer bar not agogo.
    2. Long time?  3000 baht/day
  7. General low key fun?
    1. Play pool, 1000 baht/day/hour?  I figure in the hourly pool rate, some drinks, maybe some food.  Pattaya has some pretty fun pool halls.  Lady racks the balls, will play with you and keep you company etc.  The 1000 is bare bones.
    2. Movie on a hot afternoon.  700.  baht includes snacks and 2 tickets.
    3. Bowling.  I forget
    4. Go kart race track.
    5. Day at Nong Nooch Garden.  It really is pretty and I highly recommend it.  Much better in my opinion to arrange a taxi and walk around the place at your leisure.  The Thai cultural show and the Elephant show are OK for a first time tourist but they take time away from wandering around the beauty of the place
      1. 1/2 day tour sold by travel stores there is NOT good.  It is too short of time.
      2. it gets you out of the city and into the country a little bit.
    6. 1/2 day at the One Million crocodile park, might be OK.  I liked it on my first trips because, well there were a lot of crocs there.  I mean, it was like a Bugs bunny cartoon where Yosemite Sam walks across an area with hundreds of snapping crocs below.  I recall being able to ride an elephant there for a little bit. 
    7. Speed boat to Ko Larn island so you can swim in water that won't kill you.  3000 baht for boat, some food, drink, etc.  I assume you will be feeding two, you and your GF.  Ferry is cheaper, but speed boat is fun.
    8. You might like one of the water parks.  They have a zip line at the Pattaya water park between Pattaya and Jomtien
    9. A few hours top of the Pratumnak hill.  See the big buddha. Nice views.  Don't miss the chinese pavillion just  before the Big buddha.
    10.  Jomtien used to be nice to stroll up and down by the beach.  Some good eateries from which you can see the water.  One used to be able to safelyn go swimming.  I don't recommend the water any more.  Your choice
  8.  More rowdy fun.
    1. Ring bell at gogo, buy all the girls on stage a drink
    2. buy drinks, tip some girls at gogo or at a disco.  Easily 2,000/hour.  Keep a quiet eye on the bin as the bills get put in there.  Sometimes some extra charges show up.
    3.  Doubles or whatever else you want.  Prices negotiable.
    4. Of course you can pub crawl all hours and all places.

1 hour ago, gk10002000 said:

$100 USD a day or round up and say 4,000 baht a day can be a fine relaxing fun time without.  Reasonable room, take in a few sites.  costs go up,the more you do.  I myself find nothing wrong with having some quiet days.  lounge in the hotel pool, take some naps, catch up on sleep.  Wander the mall for a while.  Eat, sleep again.  Get a foot massage (heaven).  Take in a movie on a really hot day.  You can stay up all night and knock yourself out, but I prefer to come back from a vacation a little rested, trade off for some fun of course.  Party one day, slum the next day.

1.   Hotel with pool 1000 baht a day.  Can get a cheaper guest house, and rent a pool ~100 baht/day anywhere
  2.   Food.
    1.   Thai food 300 baht
    2. Western food 1000 baht.  Fine weiner schnitzel, fried potatoes, salat at Domocile like 500 baht?
  3. Transportation.
    3. bus/taxi to from BKK airport.  140 baht for one bus each way, Bell bus twice that with connecting door to door mini van dropoff.  Taxi, 1500 baht each way with a range of prices.
  4. Drinking.  hah! 
  5. Massage
  6. Girl friend
    1. Short time?  wide range here.  2000 baht/day covers everything.  Beer bar not agogo.
  7. General low key fun?
    1. Play pool, 1000 baht/day/hour?  I figure in the hourly pool rate, some drinks, maybe some food.  Pattaya has some pretty fun pool halls.  Lady racks the balls, will play with you and keep you company etc.  The 1000 is bare bones.
    3. Bowling.  I forget
    4. Go kart race track.
    5. Day at Nong Nooch Garden.  It really is pretty and I highly recommend it.  Much better in my opinion to arrange a taxi and walk around the place at your leisure.  The Thai cultural show and the Elephant show are OK for a first time tourist but they take time away from wandering around the beauty of the place
      1. 1/2 day tour sold by travel stores there is NOT good.  It is too short of time.
    6. 1/2 day at the One Million crocodile park, might be OK.  I liked it on my first trips because, well there were a lot of crocs there.  I mean, it was like a Bugs bunny cartoon where Yosemite Sam walks across an area with hundreds of snapping crocs below.  I recall being able to ride an elephant there for a little bit. 
    7. Speed boat to Ko Larn island so you can swim in water that won't kill you.  3000 baht for boat, some food, drink, etc.  I assume you will be feeding two, you and your GF.  Ferry is cheaper, but speed boat is fun.
    8. You might like one of the water parks.  They have a zip line at the Pattaya water park between Pattaya and Jomtien
    9. A few hours top of the Pratumnak hill.  See the big buddha. Nice views.  Don't miss the chinese pavillion just  before the Big buddha.
    10.  Jomtien used to be nice to stroll up and down by the beach.  Some good eateries from which you can see the water.  One used to be able to safelyn go swimming.  I don't recommend the water any more.  Your choice
  8.  More rowdy fun.
    2. buy drinks, tip some girls at gogo or at a disco.  Easily 2,000/hour.  Keep a quiet eye on the bin as the bills get put in there.  Sometimes some extra charges show up.

Looks like inflation has caught up...as much as with "short time" and "long time"!!..:cheesy:

Soon it will be cheaper to live and rent (whatever one wants to rent :sleep:), in Spain or other places in Europe, the Carribean or in neighbouring asian countries!!?

Edited by observer90210

2 hours ago, hyku1147 said:

1st - learn the difference between a John and a monger.

2nd - there are many guest houses and mansions that offer weekly rates.

3rd - join a Monger forum.

Forgive my lack of familiarity with the term " John  " but would it carry the same meaning as Billy Bunter .?  :smile:

1 hour ago, gk10002000 said:

2.   Food.
    1.   Thai food 300 baht
  3. Transportation.
  4. Drinking.  hah! 
  5. Massage
  6. Girl friend
  7. General low key fun?
    3. Bowling.  I forget
    4. Go kart race track.
  8.  More rowdy fun.

Nong Nooch has really gone down the nick, in my estimation. There are more artificial animals than real ones.

Underwaterworld, Buddha Mountain and Silverlake vineyard are all preferable.

Coconut Bar on Beach Road has many "special offers". 300 Baht at 11 in the morning.

13 minutes ago, champers said:

Nong Nooch has really gone down the nick, in my estimation. There are more artificial animals than real ones.

Underwaterworld, Buddha Mountain and Silverlake vineyard are all preferable.

Coconut Bar on Beach Road has many "special offers". 300 Baht at 11 in the morning.

Champers 'erm what's on offer at 11;00 am for 300 barts .? sounds a lot for a coffee .. :licklips:

5 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

2.   Food.
    1.   Thai food 300 baht
  3. Transportation.
  4. Drinking.  hah! 
  5. Massage
  6. Girl friend
  7. General low key fun?
    3. Bowling.  I forget
    4. Go kart race track.
  8.  More rowdy fun.

9. Running into the police....

1. All the money you can't hide from them....

10 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Rent motor bike 1000 baht/day?

I haven't had to rent for a while so may be out of touch but the last time on one of the islands was about 300 baht a day - or are you meaning a "big bike"?

5 hours ago, over it said:

Body massage?  3000 baht/day includes tip

Soapie? Plenty of Thai body massage for less than 200 baht an hour and less than 1000 for the full "works" :smile:

10 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

2.   Food.
    1.   Thai food 300 baht
  3. Transportation.
  4. Drinking.  hah! 
  5. Massage
  6. Girl friend
  7. General low key fun?
    3. Bowling.  I forget
    4. Go kart race track.
  8.  More rowdy fun.

Your prices are too high on just about every thing...

Baht Bus 200 a day?? 

Foot massage 300?? try 100-150

Thai food 300?? way lower

Western food 1000?? I guess if you eat at Hooters every meal..

Movie 700?? half this price

Lady drinks 2000 a hour??....Are you Japanese or what?

All the rest is way overpriced except the hotel....

14 hours ago, saakura said:

Lots of farang mongers living the high life in 400 baht fan rooms, eating curry rice in lotus food courts and  cheap beach road ladyboy prostitutes. 1500 to 2000 bahts a day?

That would be the upper end of the market.

15 hours ago, saakura said:

Are you from Calcutta?

I have never counted, but at the end, for a month or so, average about AUD 1000 per week. Accommodation 1000 baht/ night. Drink and party lots. Day to day, I don't worry about the cost, but this is how it pans out. Great times.

When I first came to Pattaya in 2006, I could go out with 5k baht in my pocket, have a nice meal, get laid, drink until the sun came up, and return to my condo with money left over.

Any more, if I go out to paint the town red, I have at least 25k to 30k baht. Same thing, get a meal, get laid, buy a LOT of drinks for the girls, and come back with some money left over.

i think 50,000  for a two week annual visit is reasonable--but obviously he cant barfine a lady every night,maybe twice per week,and going to go go  bar every night would not be possible with 50k..

i cant see the point in paying for expensive hotel.there are many well located,with aircond, and safe, for under 1000 bht per night.

i think 500 per day is very ample for food.

hiring a motorbike for a two week stay-is ridiculous--much cheaper to use baht bus and mbike taxi.

what amazes me---is the farlangs that i see in bars ,buying drinks for numerous girls...what do they actually gain from that ???.

the other weird one--is buying tequila for any lady---most of them, actually hate the stuff,its gone in 3 seconds,they dont usually even talk to the sponsor..the only benefit--the lady gets 50 baht

all of this erodes the punters money very quickly---50,000 wont cover this...

i used to go reguarly, to a well known live music bar..there was an englishman who used to reguarly throw handfulls of 100baht notes for the ladies--the strange thing was-he never actually bar fined a lady or even had ladies sitting with him----so he gained no benefit from his stupidity--he wasnt even,overly ugly or offensive...

the main thing to note----if you have an alcahol problem---keep away from pattaya--you will very quickly,also have a finance problem,plus others

18 hours ago, saakura said:

I doubt they think that ensures a good vacation

5 hours ago, fforest1 said:

Your prices are too high on just about every thing...

Baht Bus 200 a day?? 

Foot massage 300?? try 100-150

Thai food 300?? way lower

Western food 1000?? I guess if you eat at Hooters every meal..

Movie 700?? half this price

Lady drinks 2000 a hour??....Are you Japanese or what?

All the rest is way overpriced except the hotel....

siiigh.  People just don't read with comprehension.  Baht bus /moto taxi included both in local transport.  One moto taxi up the hill to the big buddha is easily 50 baht.

The foot massage included a generous tip. 

Thai food 3 meals a day.  Well soup can be 30 baht.  Shrimp fried rice and a watermelon shake at Kiss is over 100 baht.  Now a similar dinner. 

Western food.  As I said I gave an example of a meal at the domicile.  Now add in a full english breakfast.  Doesn't take long to get to 1000 baht.

And the movie,  geez guy read.  I said for two and snacks.

And I didn't say just lady drinks.  That included your drinks also.

Of course one can spend much less and do absolutely nothing. Get the noodle soup outside 7-11.  Get 2 pork kabobs from the street guy for 40 baht.  Get a plain fried riced dish for 60 baht.  Only drink 7 baht water during the day.  Sure you can minimalist live.  But flying 1/2 way around the world to skimp on every dime, well, it is a person's choice