Purple Line passenger numbers rise to an average 48,700 per day

rooster59

Purple Line passenger numbers rise to an average 48,700 per day

purple.jpg

Number of commuters using the Purple Line electric train service has increased almost 50% after the 1.2 kilometre missing link between Bang Sue and Tao Poon stations was bridged, according to the Ministry of Transport.

The long-awaited 1.2 kilometre missing rail service between the Blue Line and the Purple Line was officially opened on Aug 11 by Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha at Tao Poon station.

The Purple Line which is an elevated line was opened to service in August 2016 but it attracted just 20,000 commuters a day from its target of 60,000-70,000 due to the missing 1.2km link. A bus shuttle providing a connection between Tao Poon and Bang Sue has been provided to facilitate commuters.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/purple-line-passenger-numbers-rise-average-48700-per-day/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-09-10

1 hour ago, oldcarguy said:

is there a direct way to get from Purple line to BTS MoChit ? 

it seems to be another  "missing link"

well you could get on the metro to MoChit as right above is the BTS

Edited by ignis

5 minutes ago, ignis said:

well you could get on the metro to MoChit as right above is the BTS

Yes I know that , but its a lot of transfers , if there was a shuttle bus from Bang Sue or  Tao Poon  to MoChit that might be easier and quicker......

Just asking as I have no idea :)

As if no one understood Thais do not like walking, from the Metro end line to get to the Free Bus was a very long walk..

[me with difficulty in walking with sticks] took almost 1 hour !!  ended up getting off at MoChit and getting a Taxi to the Purple line..

1 minute ago, oldcarguy said:

Yes I know that , but its a lot of transfers , if there was a shuttle bus from Bang Sue or  Tao Poon  to MoChit that might be easier and quicker......

also no idea about bus, but have used a Taxi just under 50 baht

2 hours ago, oldcarguy said:

Of course that would not be faster.. if you just do as Ignis says you have to change at bangsue and then get out at mochit

How would a shuttle bus make that any faster.. still changeover between bangsue and the shuttle bus

Now you got the changeover at bangsue to an other mrt. Sounds faster to me. 

It's already very busy in the metro at Tao poon, when the blue line opens it will be extreme busy i guess.

And yesterday there were very long qeueu's at the metro ticketvending machines since there are only 2 of them. At the counter there were 50 people in qeueu to buy a ticket, terrible.

Hurry up with that mangmoomcard. The ticketmachines also don't accept paper money, doesn't work.