Influenza epidemic in Pattaya?

soistalker

3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Not just in Pattaya. Reports of flu-like ailments up in Udon Thani that's apparently hitting the coffin dodgers harder than others. Mrs Tam's currently under the weather so whatever it is, it is 'going about.'

Fancy calling Mrs Tam a coffin dodger

2 hours ago, Kevbo said:

Apparently there has been an epidemic in Aus  NZ this year so maybe the virus has migrated

SEA flu season usually lags 'western' flu season by a few months, coinciding with winter in northern Europe / USA. The 'gap' has narrowed recently due to cheaper / more frequent air travel between the two areas. I'd imagine that the gap is narrower for AUZ & NZ...

Edited by GanDoonToonPet

5 hours ago, GanDoonToonPet said:

SEA flu season usually lags 'western' flu season by a few months, coinciding with winter in northern Europe / USA. The 'gap' has narrowed recently due to cheaper / more frequent air travel between the two areas. I'd imagine that the gap is narrower for AUZ & NZ...

Also different kinds of flu I'm North and Southern hemisphere requiring different vaccines.

The winter of 15/16 was very bad for flu, colds, bronchial and respiratory aliments which seemed to grip people for weeks rather than days. Younger people are more susceptible due to their lack of previous exposure and lack of immunity to old strains. Smoker are also more likely to affected. The problem was intensified by hundreds of tour buses pumping out smoky, eye watering, fumes. The following year did not seem so bad. However, because of the international nature of Pattaya there are a toxic variety of cold and flu strains which may necessitate both North and South vaccinations.

Edited by The manic

I've not been sick in several years, on Wednesday I started to feel like I was getting a cold.   My symptoms lasted until earlier today.  A bit of body ache, lots of sneezing, running nose, sore throat and cough.  

I feel fine now, although still have a bit of a dry cough.

Basically 4 days of mild cold symptoms.    Hopefully I won't succumb to another virus like that for at least another 2 or 3 years.

Incidentally, no medication except lots of water.

1 hour ago, seancbk said:

I've not been sick in several years, on Wednesday I started to feel like I was getting a cold.   My symptoms lasted until earlier today.  A bit of body ache, lots of sneezing, running nose, sore throat and cough.  

I feel fine now, although still have a bit of a dry cough.

Basically 4 days of mild cold symptoms.    Hopefully I won't succumb to another virus like that for at least another 2 or 3 years.

Incidentally, no medication except lots of water.

Let's hope it does  not return. Some flus were designed to impair and demoralize Russian Tank Crews. They can come and go. The season has barely started yet.

Australia is currently in the grip of its worst flu outbreak on record, and the global circulation of the virus means that episodes in the Antipodes and Asia are indicators of the likelihood of outbreaks in Europe later in the year.

By mid-August there had been 70,000 cases of flu reported, with a high number of cases among children being blamed for driving up numbers. Just 10% of Australian children receive a flu vaccine.

There have been suggestions in Australia that the vaccine has been ineffective, but Mr Stevens said the WHO was reviewing it and would not speculate on its effectiveness.

"It is the H3 strain [of the virus] but you get various subtypes and you also get virological drift where the flu evolves during the season," he said.

http://news.sky.com/story/nhs-chief-warns-of-severe-winter-flu-outbreak-after-worst-season-on-record-in-australia-11032027

11 hours ago, Searat7 said:

When I got my annual flu shot in Bangkok last month my doctor told me it is only 35% effective this year so I think there will be many people sick with the flu.

Yes there is a new strain of flu from Australia that there is no vaccine for , also i read that if you are over 60 the flu jab no longer works , help!

13 hours ago, GanDoonToonPet said:

Actually I believe the flu season starts in Asia with monsoons and then travels out.  So Aug Sept Oct flu in SEA becomes Nov Jan Feb flu in USA and elsewhere.  

Before getting a flu jab check what mercury does to your body.

You need to realise most of the infections you are getting are caused by infected glassware, cutlery

and crockery. Get a pocket sterilizer from Amazon, search for nano-uv.

Have been infection free for 56 months since starting to use one.

Just remember the glass you are drinking out of could have been used last by

a bird just back from a blow job.