Thai govt determined to keep on fighting corruption

webfact

Government determined to keep on fighting corruption

BANGKOK, 25th September 2017 (NNT) - The government has pledged its determination to continue fighting corruption in Thailand. 

The spokesman to the Prime Minister’s Office, Lt. Gen. Sunsern Kaewkumnerd, said today that PM Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha has instructed security agencies to apprehend a senior police officer allegedly involved in the reported departure of former Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra, ahead of the verdict in her case involving a rice pledging government scheme conducted by her then government. 

Lt. Gen. Sunsern said that the PM hopes the operation will help the public receive correct information about the situation. 

Meanwhile, he added that Gen. Prayut also instructed related offices to actively investigate the corruption scandal surrounding several temples following the recent change of the head of the National Office of Buddhism. 

The PM’s Office spokesman stated that the Prime Minister has paid close attention to both cases and urged associated officials to work on them in the most straightforward and transparent manner in order for the public to know the full truth and the fact that this government is determined to clamp down on corruption.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-09-25

30 minutes ago, webfact said:

Government determined to keep on fighting corruption

Start with your own brother corruptions and then move over to the corruption in military purchases of the blimp and GT2000 while investigate the OTT spending on luxury travelling. If you have time, some self retrospecting of your unusual wealth and those of your fellow generals. 

Corruption will never ever be wiped out here.

After trying to get building permission for 9 months, we have just upped our offer to 100K baht for a speedy approval. Even the constructor admitted that without paying under the table no construction work would ever get done. 

1 minute ago, petedk said:

Corruption will never ever be wiped out here.

After trying to get building permission for 9 months, we have just upped our offer to 100K baht for a speedy approval. Even the constructor admitted that without paying under the table no construction work would ever get done. 

It is called an incentive

3 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Yeah, Good luck with that. Corruption here is totally endemic and even with the best will in the world will take generations to wipe out.

As I have said before Thailand has one of the largest "shadow" economies in the world.

http://investvine.com/thailands-shadow-economy-among-biggest-globally/

Around 41% of the total Thai economy is "black". Some international economists believe that corruption in Thailand can never be cleaned up. It is the grease that allows the other 59% of the economic wheel to keep turning.

The spokesman to the Prime Minister’s Office, Lt. Gen. Sunsern Kaewkumnerd, said today with an initial straight face, that the Government was determined to keep on fighting corruption. While reading this statement he then started to develop a tic on his left eye lid, which then developed into a grimace. Finally, he broke down laughing and repeatedly shouted: "It's shadow boxing, folks!".

We all wish him a speedy recovery.

Edited by klauskunkel

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The spokesman to the Prime Minister’s Office, Lt. Gen. Sunsern Kaewkumnerd, said today that PM Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha has instructed security agencies to apprehend a senior police officer allegedly involved in the reported departure of former Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra, ahead of the verdict in her case involving a rice pledging government scheme conducted by her then government. 

Again there is a due process missing.  They were not charged because nobody, as of yet, charged Yingluck with committing a crime.  Driving a person to the border is not a crime unless she is wanted for arrest.  Why not focus on due process instead of corruption first ?  The beloved prime minister seems to control the law with a mere gesture of his hand.  It looks as though he can have anyone arrested anytime he desires. 

8 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Start with your own brother corruptions and then move over to the corruption in military purchases of the blimp and GT2000 while investigate the OTT spending on luxury travelling. If you have time, some self retrospecting of your unusual wealth and those of your fellow generals. 

You hit the nail right on the head Eric

When I was travelling on board a bus in Laos in 2001 a soldier sat next to me. I noticed he had a AK47(quite a new one) he left the gun in between our seats the little space where the gun could fit in. What really surprised me was when I saw his flip flop, yes, amazingly he was wearing those plastic flip flop which is cheaper than the rubber ones.

When I asked some locals why the Lao's soldier was wearing flip flop they said the soldier had to buy his own boots. The government doesn't issue boots to soldiers.

There was less corruption in Laos so the soldiers were poor, dirt poor. They could have collect some money at road block. 

In Thailand the soldiers and the police feel that what they are getting is an entitlement not corruption.

They try very hard to save enough to buy promotion, my sympathy for them. Honesty is only for those who can afford it.

A day will come when I can recognize an honest policeman in Thailand because he wears flip flop.

7 minutes ago, madusa said:

When I was travelling on board a bus in Laos in 2001 a soldier sat next to me. I noticed he had a AK47(quite a new one) he left the gun in between our seats the little space where the gun could fit in. What really surprised me was when I saw his flip flop, yes, amazingly he was wearing those plastic flip flop which is cheaper than the rubber ones.

When I asked some locals why the Lao's soldier was wearing flip flop they said the soldier had to buy his own boots. The government doesn't issue boots to soldiers.

There was less corruption in Laos so the soldiers were poor, dirt poor. They could have collect some money at road block. 

In Thailand the soldiers and the police feel that what they are getting is an entitlement not corruption.

They try very hard to save enough to buy promotion, my sympathy for them. Honesty is only for those who can afford it.

A day will come when I can recognize an honest policeman in Thailand because he wears flip flop.

Laos is no different to Thailand. Maybe you were just sitting next to a soldier who fancied wearing his flip flops for a long journey rather than his boots. All over South East Asia it is a very similar situation to Thailand with the militaries, to more or lesser extents.

10 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Didn't you get the memo, OTT spending on luxury traveling is off the agenda after Yingluk's VIP World Tour. and try to remember the first GT200 units were bought in 2004.

26 minutes ago, halloween said:

Didn't you get the memo, OTT spending on luxury traveling is off the agenda after Yingluk's VIP World Tour. and try to remember the first GT200 units were bought in 2004.

But but those traveling by her don't include close companions that have nothing to do with the nature of the trip. 

59 units of GT 200 was first bought during Surayud tenure. The bulk of 500+ bought during Ahbisit. Porky pies again. 

15 hours ago, webfact said:

Credibility of Thai justice system

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy: This is great. Another big giggle to start the week. If it's corrupt it cannot be credible by definition.

11 hours ago, webfact said:

The government has pledged its determination to continue fighting corruption in Thailand. 

Big giggle in the morning. Huge laugh in the evening.:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy: The corrupt fighting corruption. Ahhhhhh, the irony.