Soldiers raid unofficial Full Moon Party on Koh Phangan

rooster59

Soldiers raid unofficial Full Moon Party on Koh Phangan

CiHZjUdJ5HPNXJ92GOya0NLXa6XCVwR6iW.jpg

Image: Thai Rath

Soldiers shut down an unofficial Full Moon Party on Koh Phangan in the early hours of Saturday morning.

Soldiers descended on Ban Thai beach following a tip off from locals that a party was being held.

Earlier this month, it was announced the official Full Moon Party had been cancelled for October  ahead of the cremation for late king Bhumibol Adulyadej.

On the beach soldiers found more than 100 foreigners partying, Thairath reported.

Also found was evidence of illegal drug use and drugs for sale.

Soldiers confiscated 147 cylinders of Nitrous Oxide, commonly known as hippy crack, as well as a large amount of cannabis and other drug paraphernalia.

Thairath described the holding of the beach party during the month of October “inappropriate”.

Soldiers later visited Haad Rin beach, the venue of the original Full Moon Party.

While not on the scale normally seen at a Full Moon Party, loud music was still playing and foreign tourists were seen eating and drinking.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-10-08

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

While not on the scale normally seen at a Full Moon Party, loud music was still playing and foreign tourists were seen eating and drinking.

Well, I am glad to see that they put an end to this!

Eating and drinking? What's next? Suntanning? Swimming? The nerve...

there were only foreigners, not thai. It was a private party in an open space.

Cancellation of full moon party came at the last few days, rather unexpected order. Many booked accommodation and air tickets months before. So they were duped

Edited by londonthai

Samui Bodoh,   #3

Well, I am glad to see that they put an end to this!

Eating and drinking? What's next? Suntanning? Swimming? The nerve...

Perhaps the  short paragraph below escaped your attention. 

Eating and drinking well at night a reasonable and justifiable pastime.

However suntanning at a Full Moon party does indeed stretch  ones imagination as to  just how much of a tan one may get.

Also found was evidence of illegal drug use and drugs for sale.

Soldiers confiscated 147 cylinders of Nitrous Oxide, commonly known as hippy crack, as well as a large amount of cannabis and other drug paraphernalia.

Great photo.

This displays the 2 polar opposite extremes of human society.
An armed group of militia dictating their will on the masses and
a minority group totally detached from reality even when they are
not spaced out on chemicals. They should both be banned from the human party.

3 minutes ago, lonewolf99 said:

Great photo.

This displays the 2 polar opposite extremes of human society.
An armed group of militia dictating their will on the masses and
a minority group totally detached from reality even when they are
not spaced out on chemicals. They should both be banned from the human party.

Guess you haven't seen the millions of Thai wearing black all days.. now why would that be???

1 hour ago, shunter said:

Soldiers confiscated 147 cylinders of Nitrous Oxide, commonly known as hippy crack,

N2O isn't what I think of when someone mentions Hippy Crack.  With hippies getting into their 60's and 70's, my mind goes to butt cleavage...

1 hour ago, londonthai said:

Cancellation of full moon party came at the last few days, rather unexpected order. Many booked accommodation and air tickets months before. So they were duped

Another youthful, gap-year, 'right of passage' event dashed by circumstances beyond their control. I am pretty sure they'll get over it though.

1 hour ago, londonthai said:

"Unexpected"? Huh?

"Many booked... months before". Well, a wee bit-o-research would have let them know a YEAR ago this was gonna happen.

Dumbasses.

Sorry Gents. I disagree strongly with some of the comments. it's like someone having a rave in your old mans back garden while his funeral is going on. 

Yes, he was and still is an Icon to Thais and IMO that should be respected Another reason for Thais to look at Farangs with distain.

A good time being had by a "very" few!

No disrespect intended even if they were aware of the situation here in Thailand.

Most visitors are not aware of what is happening, they are not informed either by the tour companies or TAT.

I have asked several tourists in a restaurant they have no idea that things are any different from what they expected when they booked their tickets. They don't have a clue!

So it is FUN, Vacation time

2 minutes ago, farang62 said:

A good time being had by a "very" few!

No disrespect intended even if they were aware of the situation here in Thailand.

Most visitors are not aware of what is happening, they are not informed either by the tour companies or TAT.

I have asked several tourists in a restaurant they have no idea that things are any different from what they expected when they booked their tickets. They don't have a clue!

So it is FUN, Vacation time

Agree , but others should not condone or make light of the offence to Thais, disgusted for the first time on TV absolute ignorance of Thai culture,

2 hours ago, londonthai said:

No they were stupid as everybody with half a brain could see this coming.

Edited by FritsSikkink

Royal Cremation day announced months ago. These “foreigners” are probably stinging from a good monetary rorting by KPG cops, then possible court appearances and deportation. When they are older they will realize how stupid they are. Drunk and stoned as they now are nightly.

What’s wrong with repecting Thai culture?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, Dave67 said:

Agree , but others should not condone or make light of the offence to Thais, disgusted for the first time on TV absolute ignorance of Thai culture,

Quite correct, nothing wrong with 'brainwashing" :)

Keeps folks inline :)

I'm just wondering what it is that makes these islands so popular for party goers? No, it's not the availability of all sorts of drugs, because drugs do not exist there. 

No, it's not the drugs supplied by the BIB. None of them dies overdosed and local people do not eat and drink. 

"Loud music was still playing"..( perhaps powered by foreign amplifiers) and that they're seen eating and drinking, is not acceptable

What's the penalty for eating and drinking on an island, when you're white? :shock1:

While not on the scale normally seen at a Full Moon Party, loud music was still playing and "foreign tourists were seen eating and drinking".

they must be hanged for that!!?

local organiser must be held responsible also airlines,immigration and airport authority for nit given tourists info leaflet upon landing telling them about the October Ban.?

2 hours ago, Thian said:

Guess you haven't seen the millions of Thai wearing black all days.. now why would that be???

During the past year the only Thais I have seen wearing those black ribons were gov' workers. As for wearing black; well I've got a black T-shirt. And I might wear it if it's the one I touch first when looking for a top to put on. Thais are conditioned to being told what to think and do from a young age. Most TVForum posters have a more open and inquisitive mind.

59 minutes ago, Dave67 said:

Sorry Gents. I disagree strongly with some of the comments. it's like someone having a rave in your old mans back garden while his funeral is going on. 

Yes, he was and still is an Icon to Thais and IMO that should be respected Another reason for Thais to look at Farangs with distain.

For many young westerners, the notion of respect is of ancient history and sadly they even tend to turn it into ridicule:coffee1:

7 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

During the past year the only Thais I have seen wearing those black ribons were gov' workers. As for wearing black; well I've got a black T-shirt. And I might wear it if it's the one I touch first when looking for a top to put on. Thais are conditioned to being told what to think and do from a young age. Most TVForum posters have a more open and inquisitive mind.

it's about respect though is it not, I'm the first one to take the piss out them, but this thread makes me cringe a bit surprised it's not been locked, highly offensive to Thais and the big fella 

Edited by Dave67

16 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

I see,  you haven't been in BKK lately i bet....so it's time to jump on the bus, wear your black shirt and show some respect to the Nation you've been allowed to live in as a GUEST..you got untill 25 october.

14 minutes ago, Dave67 said:

it's about respect though is it not, I'm the first one to take the piss out them, but this thread makes me cringe a bit surprised it's not been locked, highly offensive to Thais and the big fella 

Sure it is, but there are folks who don't have any respect....unfortunately.

5 minutes ago, Dave67 said:

t's about respect though is it not, I'm the first one to take the piss out them, but this thread makes me cringe a bit surprised it's not been locked, highly offensive to Thais and the big fella 

That is the point. Thais are told what is offensive and what is not. Some manage to free themselves from the constant indoctrination. They have to keep their heads down and watch what they say in public it's true (30 years in the cage is a long time) but in private and in thoughts,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

It's a bit like the Charlie Hebdo debacle. It wasn't until imans started telling groups around the world that they should be offended that things finally kicked off as they did. 

People are manipulated the world over; not just Thais.

For me personally the challenge is my daughter. How to get her to seek evidence before myth; facts before folklore; truth before propaganda. But at the same time respect and love your fellow human.