Video: "Lucky 5" Motorcyclist cheats death as trailer comes loose

webfact

Video: "Lucky 5" Motorcyclist cheats death as trailer comes loose

4pm.jpg

video screenshot

Thai Rath TV showed dash cam footage of a very lucky escape for a motorcyclist on a road in Pathum Thani north of Bangkok.

The biker manages to just avoid what looked like certain death as he brakes and swerves to avoid a trailer that came loose.

The female presenter said: "It's best to give these trucks a wide berth at all times".

Much was made of the number 5 on the back of the motorcyclist's shirt in the video that was a constant loop of the near miss.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-10-11

No sense in stopping as close calls like this happen so often you would never get to your destination.

And I guess the owner of that truck now knows how long he can go without performing any maintenance.:cheesy:

Edited by NCC1701A

Seems to me he is coming from right lane or at least right side of the left lane.  Are motor cycle allowed on right land except if making a U Turn? And on a fly over? 

And if not going too fast one should be able to stop in time for any obstruction.  Having said that I think he controlled his bike fairly well.  Many other motorcyclists in Thailand  would be dead. 

Edited by Minnehaha

12 minutes ago, Minnehaha said:

Seems to me he is coming from right lane or at least right side of the left lane.  Are motor cycle allowed on right land except if making a U Turn? And on a fly over? 

Obviously he had to be swerve to the right side of the left lane because the car who took the video illegally crossed the solid white line and pulled into his lane without making sure the lane is free ;)