Video: Now there's a coincidence! Snatch thief meets victim at gold shop in Hat Yai!

webfact

Video: Now there's a coincidence! Snatch thief meets victim at the gold shop in Hat Yai!

2pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Police in Hat Yai are on the trail of a thief after he went to sell half a necklace at a downtown gold shop.

Incredibly in the shop at the same time was the victim of the snatch theft who was asking staff what to do about the other half of the necklace that was left behind during the robbery.

Her husband - the soldier in the video - tried to make a citizen's arrest but after the thief gave some ridiculous excuses he fled leaving his motorcycle behind.

The story that stretched incredulity to breaking point played out in the southern Thai town.

Phiwphan Tanyakun, 31, explained that earlier a motorcycle snatch thief had yanked her half baht weight (10,000 baht) gold necklace from her neck. But it broke and the thief disappeared with just about half.

The remaining portion was still round her neck.

When she went to the gold shop the thief then came in to sell his bit. At first he claimed that his was not from a robbery. He said he found it in some rubbish - "if you don't believe me ask my dad" he said.

But when shop staff compared the two parts of the necklace and said categorically that it was the same chain the man started to get edgy and made to leave the store.

The victim's soldier husband tried to hold onto him before police arrived but he managed to get loose before they arrived.

He fled leaving his Suzuki bike behind. Police examined documents in the bike and soon were able to say with some certainty that the man in the shop and the owner of the bike - Monkhon Chaikheeree, 27 - were one and the same.

Now they are looking for him as he has some explaining to do.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-10-19

3 hours ago, Get Real said:

Nice to know that we have so great soldiers, that they can´t hold one man in a shop for a couple of minutes

Why make such an unfair unfounded comment?  You feeling bad today?. You were not there and how many solders do you actually know? The soldiers I know from Khon Kaen could hold you for sure. And they are polite strong young men when they are around their families.  I do not understand the need to make broad smearing comments on TV when you do not even know the person or group that you smear. Peace 

Nice to know that we have so great soldiers, that they can´t hold one man in a shop for a couple of minutes

Nice to know we have so great posters, that they can't hold themselves from Thaibashing for a couple of posts:laugh:

10 hours ago, Wake Up said:

Why make such an unfair unfounded comment?  You feeling bad today?. You were not there and how many solders do you actually know? The soldiers I know from Khon Kaen could hold you for sure. And they are polite strong young men when they are around their families.  I do not understand the need to make broad smearing comments on TV when you do not even know the person or group that you smear. Peace 

I don´t know what to say. I guess you really nailed it there. Of course, I don´t know anything. Just 17 years experience of this country. Anywya, I think your knowledge is superior.

16 minutes ago, Get Real said:

I don´t know what to say. I guess you really nailed it there. Of course, I don´t know anything. Just 17 years experience of this country. Anywya, I think your knowledge is superior.

17 years in this country...OK... I understand I was wrong thinking some answers of your were Thai bashing when it was only a slow evolution of your sense of humour over those years trying to stay sound of mind :tongue:

16 hours ago, Tchooptip said:

17 years in this country...OK... I understand I was wrong thinking some answers of your were Thai bashing when it was only a slow evolution of your sense of humour over those years trying to stay sound of mind :tongue:

That you were wrong is a fact. Where you were wrong is in so many places, so it would be like writing a book trying to explain. Take your pick. :cheesy:

That you were wrong is a fact. Where you were wrong is in so many places, so it would be like writing a book trying to explain. Take your pick. :cheesy:

My first pick, probably I was wrong in thinking you had a good sense of humour.