Thailand Volvo XC60 launch on 8th.

Just been called by a rep to invite me to this.  Its at Volvo Ramkhamhaeng at 6pm on november 8th. 

Not sure what the starting price will be but expect slightly higher than outgoing, around 3-3.3M in basic Inscription trim. Rep was being a bit cagey when I asked,  no word on introductory price etc

I have to say its a beautiful looking car with a stunning interior,  a nicer than the new X3 IMO 

Pretty sure Volvo is made and owned by China now and I wouldn't want one. Just like the MG, I wouldn't want one of those either.

So is nearly everything else. It's still designed in Sweden and QC'd by Swedes, so they're still excellent (albeit overpriced here).

Sent from my R2D2 droid using my C3P0 manservant

So I went along, not realising it really was a proper launch with all the glitter and a famous thai singer.. luckily I had decided to put on a shirt and ditch the flip flops for trainers :)

First impressions. The base model is the standard Momentum, which meant it looks pretty basic inside, apart from that gorgeous ipad style touch screen and digital dash. I sat behind the wheel and really struggled to justify spending 3.1m, even if it does have the driver aids/semi autonomous etc.

To put it into perspective, 3.1M equals 2 Mazda CX5s, and the interior on the new one is almost a match in quality and features.

Go up to the top spec model at 3.59M and you get the 'twin engine' hybrid system and a spec in a different league; the interior is super nice, with B&W stereo, pano roof and nubuck leather(altho no wood trim and sadly no cream leather option). I wouldnt say money well spent, but its def worth the extra half mil over the base model. 

The one glaring omission for me (which shd be standard on this car) no central isofix in the rear. 

IMG_20171108_222639_503.jpg

1510152502365.jpg