Meechai defends appointment of daughter to NCPO-related post

webfact

3 minutes ago, robblok said:

It was nice knowing you.. you always had nice posts.. you will be missed, or maybe if your lucky you will just miss part of yourself.

No magnifying glass jokes at this point, please...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, baboon said:

Nor are you in a position of unelected political power and the group you are part of preaching anti corruption and transparency, so it really isn't the same thing at all.

Nepotism is the scourge in this country, it is a form of corruption and I hate it. Its ok in private companies as i feel an owner can do as he wants and feels the pain if he puts someone incompetent in his company. 

For governments and goverment funded organisations its a really bad thing and there should be rules against it. Though if you have someone with all the right qualifications and he truly is better than an other candidate i can live with it. But that is kinda hard to prove.

3 minutes ago, Ossy said:

LIAR, LIAR, PANTS ON FIRE . . . That this twerp of an NCPO top-dog - a lawyer, no less - can lie as easily as he can tell the truth, makes me want to spew up, so distasteful a picture of Thai humanity does it paint. Every red word is a downright lie and he knows it and what makes matters worse, under Prayut, the most expert liar of all, he knows that he can get away with it . . . just like all the garbage that the Junta represents.

Just one thing: an expert liar doesn't get constantly caught out. They are crap liars, just prolific ones.

1 hour ago, Chris Lawrence said:

Nepotism isn't a crime, its a given right to certain ruling members? How can you not agree with him, he has the most experience in writing constitutions for Thailand. How many? 3?

"Nepotism isn't a crime, its a given right to certain ruling members?"   Indeed it is..............

Image result for thaksinimage.jpeg.aacb5b19e9742e0eae703f683181fcc1.jpegImage result for somchai wongsawat

3 minutes ago, robblok said:

Nepotism is the scourge in this country, it is a form of corruption and I hate it. Its ok in private companies as i feel an owner can do as he wants and feels the pain if he puts someone incompetent in his company. 

For governments and goverment funded organisations its a really bad thing and there should be rules against it. Though if you have someone with all the right qualifications and he truly is better than an other candidate i can live with it. But that is kinda hard to prove.

Few could disagree.

"Though if you have someone with all the right qualifications and he truly is better than an other candidate i can live with it. But that is kinda hard to prove."

Exactly, which is the reason it shouldn't happen in the first place.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The NCPO-related job also requires a high degree of trust and confidentiality that his own offspring should be best fitted to provide, he added.

The nationalists in China hired and promoted based on nepotism instead of ability, and results are well documented.  Thailand seems bent on repeating the history of their neighbors. 

“I assure you this has no hidden benefit.”

Must be nice to occupy a seat of power.  You get to define reality and then suggest that the peons mind their own business.

Edited by connda

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The NCPO-related job also requires a high degree of trust and confidentiality that his own offspring should be best fitted to provide, he added.

same logic touted by the current PM vis-a-vis his brother;

to otherspeak it, they Truly do not believe nepotism is immoral;

guess that makes it 'ok corruption'

2 minutes ago, AGareth2 said:

It is the responsibility of a parent to care for their family

But how far should one go?

In general children get some of the genes of the parents, this meechai certainly is not stupid, he also probably has money. So one can assume that this daughter would have had some brains and an education.. why cant she work somewhere else. 

43 minutes ago, robblok said:

Just a small difference here.. there someone was sacked (abuse of power there are law governing when you can sack someone), here a new position was created. Still does not make nepotism right but comparing apples with oranges is not a good idea either.

Nothing difference in this one. It was another judiciary coup. Case was pretty weak and abuse of power was a 'pretty grandiose term to describe what went on". What she did was approving the removal of a military officer from a civil servant's job and was and still is very routine. 

What Meechai did was a blatant disregard for the appointment process of civil servants and the excuse was no difference from Yingluck. All apples here. 

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The 79-year-old lawyer has led the drafting process for the 2017 charter and several organic laws, including the law governing criminal procedures against political office holders, which is known for its harsh punishment of corrupt politicians.

Meechai defended his position on Monday by arguing that he, a non-civil servant, was not authorised to ask other officers to take up the post of his deputy secretary-general, and that he needed therefore to ask his daughter to do so.

For a lawyer with that many years under his belt, he's bloody naive - or arrogant enough to think that everyone else is.

10 minutes ago, Jonmarleesco said:

For a lawyer with that many years under his belt, he's bloody naive - or arrogant enough to think that everyone else is.

The strong sense of self-entitlement that comes from living in a bubble?

31 minutes ago, Bundooman said:

Quote, “I assure you this has no hidden benefit.”

47,500 ฿ sounds like a BIG benefit.

Nepotism at its worst!

That’s only the basic salary. Perks, privileges and oversea study groups etc are pretty compelling benefits. 

1 hour ago, Ossy said:

LIAR, LIAR, PANTS ON FIRE . . . That this twerp of an NCPO top-dog - a lawyer, no less - can lie as easily as he can tell the truth, makes me want to spew up, so distasteful a picture of Thai humanity does it paint. Every red word is a downright lie and he knows it and what makes matters worse, under Prayut, the most expert liar of all, he knows that he can get away with it . . . just like all the garbage that the Junta represents.

I like the red highlights. Heck no, family is not one to trust, as they have the biggest knives and go deeper than most. The fact that he couldn't get the constitution right the first time, and that he is not ashamed of this? Wonder what his fees are like? Imagine going in for a divorce, and the third time you are still going through the courts to have the matter settled? My point is if you can't get it right the first time, then there is something wrong.

44 minutes ago, Chris Lawrence said:

I like the red highlights. Heck no, family is not one to trust, as they have the biggest knives and go deeper than most. The fact that he couldn't get the constitution right the first time, and that he is not ashamed of this? Wonder what his fees are like? Imagine going in for a divorce, and the third time you are still going through the courts to have the matter settled? My point is if you can't get it right the first time, then there is something wrong.

Too true! He probably only got the job as Junta lawyer 'cos they knew he was so . . . so flexible, shall we say. It stinks, period.

4 hours ago, baboon said:

Excellent! I'll go out later and have sex with Mrs baboon's sister. When Mrs baboon gets upset about it I shall simply point out that it isn't against the law to which I am sure the reply will be 'Oh yeah... Fair enough, then...' Not.

Be careful if your wife goes out and buys some ducks or asks if you have eaten hospital food lately?

3 hours ago, Jonmarleesco said:

Apparently he is very naive. When he was chair of the executive board of Krisada Mahanakorn Group, the company that got fraudulent loans from KTB, he had no idea he was chairing a money laundering company! :cheesy:

4 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

"Nepotism isn't a crime, its a given right to certain ruling members?"   Indeed it is..............

Image result for thaksinimage.jpeg.aacb5b19e9742e0eae703f683181fcc1.jpegImage result for somchai wongsawat

Now I know why and  where

Unbenannt.PNG.bbca268ea4018fab625358cec6196385.PNG

learned it from

Edited by puck2

10 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

Hypocrite!

Usurp power from an elected government and then pack all the jobs with your friends and family.

Pure Hypocrisy.

True. Whereas in the West politicians get fairly elected and then put their spouses and kids into positions as assistants, researchers, secretaries etc and pay them out of state funds. Often they do bugger all too.

How many of the Trump family firm are working for the government now? Is the former French presidential candidate still under investigation for payments to his wife and kids?

Seems elected or non elected, politicians and hypocrisy go hand in hand.

5 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Nothing difference in this one. It was another judiciary coup. Case was pretty weak and abuse of power was a 'pretty grandiose term to describe what went on". What she did was approving the removal of a military officer from a civil servant's job and was and still is very routine. 

What Meechai did was a blatant disregard for the appointment process of civil servants and the excuse was no difference from Yingluck. All apples here. 

Eric, you clearly didn't agree with the court verdict. But as Rob pointed out the facts were different. 

Yingluck, or those advising her, removed someone from his job, without following the protocols, so they could move someone else into that job and then slot a Shin relative into that position. Which was a key position in which they wanted a trusted lackey.

She approved it and carried the can for for it. It wasn't routine, it didn't abide by the relevant laws and it was simple nepotism but aimed at strengthening the clan grip on power.

This is nepotism for employing your daughter in a new post.

9 hours ago, YetAnother said:

same logic touted by the current PM vis-a-vis his brother;

to otherspeak it, they Truly do not believe nepotism is immoral;

guess that makes it 'ok corruption'

It's only corruption when a politician does it, when a member of the junta/NCPO (same thing) or the elites that give them their orders do it this is "Thainess".  Don't you understand that?