ghworker2010

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, shaurene said:

Lamb chops. Love Em. I from New Zealand so eat a lot of them and roasted leg of lamb.

i live most of the time in Khon Kaen. I go to Makro and buy frozen packs of NZ loin chops and legs of lamb and boneless packs of shoulder. They are cheaper than I pay in NZ. I buy a few and put them in my freezer.

360bt kg.

also the best bacon. 260kg. American Streaky and English middle. Fantastic tasting. Bacon buttys with an egg many mornings. And the once or twice a week for dinner, Bacon, Eggs & Chips, Bet your all liking your lips.

Yes you got me I am now looking for the frying pan

14 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Always have Australian/NZ beef steaks and lamb chops in the freezer, bought from Makro. Eat lamb at least once a week. Wife occasionally buys a lamb leg sliced into steaks. Very tasty. I won't buy a steak in a restaurant here.

I didn't retire here to eat just pork ribs and old rooster legs for the rest of my days.

For the ladies then :post-4641-1156694572:

3 hours ago, Hippos said:

Once a week. Big C extra has a good selection of meat.

Same Same, have to say that those that live close to the Big C Extra in Pattaya and like lamb are very lucky, the quality of the fresh lamb chops is truly excellent, as is the value for money, loads cheaper than the UK and far better.

Best thing Big C Extra did was to employ a Farang (British) butcher, the meat quality on sale improved 10 fold, as did their sales, by far the best place to buy red meat in the Pattaya area.

Those who do like good quality meat and are visiting from further afield should check it out and purchase for later use.

Edited by Mattd

45 minutes ago, Pdaz said:

Usually have lamb at least once a week. I buy a fresh vac packed Aussie or NZ leg. Cut it in half. Have the knuckle end as a roast and bone out the fillet end for a curry of cut into lamb steaks. Whole leg is around 600-800 baht so works out pretty good value for 4 or more meals. 

Chops have come down in price and the fresh NZ loin and cutlets from Big C extra eat well. I bought a whole fresh NZ best end all ready to roast whole tomorrow.  Again about 700 baht and easily enough for 2 with roast potatoes, veg and gravy. You only live once. 

IMG_9465.thumb.JPG.e3b3b73a6513a5410d0fa03b35fbbcfe.JPG

Looks like you have a bit of wine to wash it down perfect

You can get lamb chops and leg of lamb at our Makro (Hua Hin).  Villa has them but pricey.

A relatively new restaurant here does excellent 'rack of lamb' (Their best seller).

I eat lamb quite regularly.  Love it!

1 hour ago, Mattd said:

Same Same, have to say that those that live close to the Big C Extra in Pattaya and like lamb are very lucky, the quality of the fresh lamb chops is truly excellent, as is the value for money, loads cheaper than the UK and far better.

Best thing Big C Extra did was to employ a Farang (British) butcher, the meat quality on sale improved 10 fold, as did their sales, by far the best place to buy red meat in the Pattaya area.

Those who do like good quality meat and are visiting from further afield should check it out and purchase for later use.

Got to agree with you on that Mattd, the Lamb chops, Steaks, fresh burgers etc are excellent, and also bloody good value for money, I could never eat this well back in the UK. 

3 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

Nope - don't eat chicken, or Md's

either but would include lamb chops in the same category.....

My Grandmother was a fabulous french cook & a table that could seat 16 had every type of food that her Wedgewood & kitchen could conceive.....Lamb was just one of the many choices.....I didn't care for it - too much good stuff on that old oak table (which my oldest daught now has).....

My point exactly.  You tried something when you were 7 prepared by a single person and that was enough to keep you from it for the next 50 years.  Makes no sense at all. Enjoy your PB&J sandwiches Junior.

I haven't seen lamb chops on sale in Chiang Mai, but Perne's restaurant does a very nice lamb forequarter once a month, with mint sauce!

If he did lamb chops, they'd be rather popular I'm sure.

10 minutes ago, ThaiWai said:

My point exactly.  You tried something when you were 7 prepared by a single person and that was enough to keep you from it for the next 50 years.  Makes no sense at all. Enjoy your PB&J sandwiches Junior.

Well some food make folk "gagg", for me lamb is one...We are all different...:stoner:

28 minutes ago, ThaiWai said:

Not sure why you keep liking to slight me - but haven't had PB&J for many a year.....But those tasted good....

I'll consider the source & your obvious lack taste.....

Two four bone racks all ready for a quick sear in the pan followed 8mins in the oven.

Well seasoned with a nice light herb crust. Bottle of red already opened to breathe. Beans on toast anyone ? 

IMG_5228.thumb.JPG.9d222c17555b3e4ea7aa4bc0ac829323.JPG

Funny. Although a Brit by birth I grew up in the USA. Many of our neighbors professed to disliking lamb... Until they had a decent roast lamb dinner. 

Same as my wife and other Thai friends. All expressed disdain and a fear of a bad smell. But after a taste.... "aroi" So much so that lamb roast or lamb chops is the most common request now from visiting Thai friends.

As the phrase goes. " Used to hate it, till I ate it" 

but sure enough , it takes all types to make the world revolve.

Edited by Pdaz

On 11/1/2017 at 7:56 AM, Paulbuick1 said:

Did a 3 kilo leg of lamb last weekend from Makro in Lampang was delicious and have a few lamb steaks in the freezer.Our Makro also has lamb shanks. Yes its a bit expensive but its nice to treat your self. Tops also had some mint jelly in to go with lamb. Happy dayz..

At the end of Aug my wife bought me a leg of lamb for my birthday. Chopped it up and BBQ most of it for a family meal, some wouldn't eat it. Remainder became a hotpot.

I haven't had a Barnsley Chop for years but when I was in the UK the local butcher did neck fillets and they were absolutely great on the BBQ.