Which old sam galaxy s should buy ?

bow

I recommend NASA at MBK for comparison pricing.
They are a large volume wholesaler that sells to the public. Best prices I know of in Thailand. Here's a screenshot of yesterdays pricelist for Samsung.

Crap..no pics allowed in this forum...add Nasa@mbk to your Line acct and look on your timeline for prices.
J7 from 5100baht and up depending on model.

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, digger70 said:

Samsung Galaxy GT-S5830 We got two ,got them in May 2012  Still as good as new only replaced the Batt batt can last up to 4days if you don't use the phone up to 8 days Still can pick them up New for around THB 5000  :thumbsup:

KOZMO, Are you taking the piss out of me? :shock1:  This is a nice Small Phone , I use a phone for Phone calls and Receiving OTP from my OZ Bank  anything else I got a Laptop for .

I bought my S5 a few years ago second hand. The only changes I made was to root it, and I got an other back for wireless charging. It is called "S Charger Kit" and comes with a charging pad. It is not available in Thailand but you can get it on Amazon or ebay. Review is here.

I thought about upgrading to another model, but my must-have is wireless charge+changeable battery+infrared blaster, none of the newer models has all of these. A new battery is coming in near future, but the phone is still going strong.

I had an S4 until it was stolen.  I really liked it.  I got a new J7 last year as a cheaper replacement.

Screen is bigger at 5.5 instead of 5.  Doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the S series but it is faster.  I bought a new S4 on Ebay for $120 a few months ago to have a back up/replacement phone.  Its kind of clunky in comparison with the J7 but the screen is 1080 compared to the J7's 720.  I like the smaller size of the S4, too.  

Be aware that if you plan to travel with your phone, you might find it obsolete.  In the US, T-Mobile is upgrading their towers and there is major compatibility issues with older phones.  You won't be able to get 4G or even 3G with some older phones.  My J7 was limited to "E", which is basically dial-up speed, and even my S4 was limited to "E" in Hawaii.

I had an S4 until it was stolen.  I really liked it.  I got a new J7 last year as a cheaper replacement.
Screen is bigger at 5.5 instead of 5.  Doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the S series but it is faster.  I bought a new S4 on Ebay for $120 a few months ago to have a back up/replacement phone.  Its kind of clunky in comparison with the J7 but the screen is 1080 compared to the J7's 720.  I like the smaller size of the S4, too.  
Be aware that if you plan to travel with your phone, you might find it obsolete.  In the US, T-Mobile is upgrading their towers and there is major compatibility issues with older phones.  You won't be able to get 4G or even 3G with some older phones.  My J7 was limited to "E", which is basically dial-up speed, and even my S4 was limited to "E" in Hawaii.
Also one of the advantages of the J7 is dual SIM. So i keep my Thai and UK SIM in there

8 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
11 hours ago, LALes said:

Also one of the advantages of the J7 is dual SIM. So i keep my Thai and UK SIM in there

Well, My new S8+ has dual SIM, it was the reason I switched from my S6Edge...