Regrets I've had a few but then again – How about you

Once Bitten

7 minutes ago, greenchair said:

The best thing I ever did was live in the dark edges of society. I wasted my youth on drugs and alcohol and party party party. Best years of my life. Then some fool told me I should be married, have a kid, buy a house , have a respectable career. I have enjoyed both, but I sure do miss sitting down the pub talking about my regrets with my mates. 

I did the reverse of you ........ 

I can understand the point of the OP, but why regret anything ? After all, no matter how young or how old you are, every action so far in your life has ultimately led you to this point in time where you are reading this post, change just one thing and perhaps we would never have met, that goes for everything in your life, think about that for a moment !! 

If you had not married so & so, divorced so & so, had that particular job, went to such & such a place for a holiday..............................None of this would have happened.  :shock1: 

And at this moment in time I would not change anything........................But that could change :biggrin:

Edited by Golden Triangle
  • Like 1

Isn't there a Thai way of thinking that goes something like

What happened yesterday is done we cannot change

What happens tomorrow we cannot know

Live today

I always liked this approach, and it does help to explain the Thai thought process at times

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have no regrets at all...In the end your at where your at and make those decision based on the where your minds at that time, its easy to look back in hindsight and say i should have done this or that instead...As for missed chances that related to other people they where in the game too they could have prompted you in the end its workout the way it has you can call it destiny you can call it your lifes path.

when i was 30 i regretted a lot of stupid mistakes committed in my 20s,

when i was 40 i regretted a lot of stupid mistakes committed in my 30s,

when i was 50 i regretted a lot of stupid mistakes committed in my 40s,

when i was 60 i regretted a lot of stupid mistakes committed in my 50s,

when i was 70 i regretted a lot of stupid mistakes committed in my 60s,

and if i make it to 80 i'm sure i will regret a lot of stupid mistake committed in my 70s.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Naam said:

and if i make it to 80 i'm sure i will regret a lot of stupid mistake committed in my 70s.

There seems to be a degree of consistency in your life......

• Like 2

I regret nothing ,but the other day the wife and i were talking about how one decision can change so many lives ,over 25 years ago i was going to the Phllipines for a holiday but was persuaded to come to Thailand instead , It not only changed my life but quite a few others as well , in fact it changed a great many peoples lives ,thank you to the guy who recomended Thailand .

8 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

I regret nothing ,but the other day the wife and i were talking about how one decision can change so many lives ,over 25 years ago i was going to the Phllipines for a holiday but was persuaded to come to Thailand instead , It not only changed my life but quite a few others as well , in fact it changed a great many peoples lives ,thank you to the guy who recomended Thailand .

All it changed was the nationality of your wife. 

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Naam said:

Perhaps it's time to go easy on yourself? After all, someone with an indoor pool must have got some things right.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, bazza73 said:

Perhaps it's time to go easy on yourself? After all, someone with an indoor pool must have got some things right.

you are pouring acid on an open wound. since nearly a dozen years i regret the pool's placement. by the way, an indoor pool is not more expensive than an outside one plus you save a lot on maintenance.

1 hour ago, bazza73 said:

Yes, if you think having money makes you successful.

But yeah, what about all the good things you've done?

You are Thai Visa poster of the year aren't you?

32 minutes ago, Naam said:

you are pouring acid on an open wound. since nearly a dozen years i regret the pool's placement. by the way, an indoor pool is not more expensive than an outside one plus you save a lot on maintenance.

pool should have been placed turned 90º.

24 minutes ago, Neeranam said:
1 hour ago, bazza73 said:

correct me if i'm wrong but to the best of my knowledge bazza73 is not poster of the year 2016.

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

No, I'm not Thai poster of any year. Not sure I would want to be.

I've done good and bad things in my life. Look back fondly on the good things, move on from the bad things.

Part of the human condition.

1 hour ago, Naam said:

Well, sorry about that. I thought from previous posts of yours you took pride in it.

58 minutes ago, bazza73 said:

Well, sorry about that. I thought from previous posts of yours you took pride in it.

i like my pool even though i didn't place it to gain the biggest possible coherent area of the room. but pride? how can i be proud of a pool which was built by a Thai contractor using and exploiting Burmese females (who, by the way, did an excellent job).

• Like 2