So whats wrong with your home country

Once Bitten

10 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Some of the reasons I don't want to live permanently in the UK are:

- Winter weather (obviously)

- Billions of Christmas shoppers from Nov 1st-Dec 24th

- Rabid left wingers' agenda (hug a criminal, hug a terrorist, gender neutral bs, etc.)

- Gridlocked roads / road rage

- Rising crime rate

- Political correctness

- Too many beards

However, some things stop me from completely abandoning the UK, such as:

- Family ties

- Autumn colours

- (Real) Sunday roasts

- British countryside

- Fish n Chips

- Country pubs

Ideally I'd like to spend summer in the UK and the rest of the year in Thailand - that's my long term goal.

I get where you are coming from as the things on your list of misses would be similarly to mine. The majority of time will def be in Thailand. 

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, duanebigsby said:

Belgium, France and the Netherlands aren't Muslim countries. 4-5% Belgium and Netherlands, possibly 6%to 10% in France. You hate the call to prayer, but you're okay with 3am roosters, all night barking of soi dogs, temple bells and loudspeakers at 5 am sharp, village and truck advertising loudspeakers, and school bands droning on all day?

First, my post has to be taken lightly...there is a dose of humor in my remarks...sorry if you missed it...

Then, don't see "hate" where it doesn't exist...there is a big step between "not liking" and "hating".

Finally, better not rely too much on government stats...there's what the stats say and what the eyes see...go to any public school in France or Belgium, for example, and check if what you see matches what the stats say...

In the 1990s, the number one name among the newborns in Belgium was...Muhammad...and very few of these little Muhammads were Christians...

35 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

As for many members, the weather was and is a major factor...can't take any more weeks, or even months, without seeing the sun once!

The women in Thailand are certainly more friendly and affordable than in the West, where only football players and formula 1 drivers can pay for a young good looking lady...as for the leftovers, no matter how ugly they are, they talk about sexual harassment as soon as you ask them what time it is!

Then, there is also the issue of political correctness, which is reaching hysterical (and historical) levels, especially in the US...I like to talk my mind, no matter how un-PC it might be (just read above and below).

Finally, I feel more comfortable in a Buddhist country than in a Muslim country like France, Belgium or the Netherlands, for example...it's not that I don't like mosques, on the contrary, but the call of the muezzin five times a day, or night, in the center of Paris, is a bit too much...

If a woman under 30 caught me looking at her back home, I'd be burnt at the stake for being a pervert. Probably be plenty of pussy whipped doormat men lining up to give them the matches too.

26 minutes ago, duanebigsby said:

Not every other foreigner came for the whores..

Many men claim that, but they nearly all seem to be banging a local ........ Naam excluded, he's different. 

Edited by MaeJoMTB

Belgium is a small country where people pay the highest tax-rates and get the lowest pension (compared to the surrounding countries).  One can't imagine but this little country has 6 governments...totaly useless and they only argue with each oher (whilst costing a fortune). On top of that it has massive problems with immigrants, most from Morocco who are a true pain in the ass (as everyone can read or see on the  news), that's why Trump called it a hellhole...

But...Thailand...pleasant weather...good and fine food...nice ladies, is also not the place to be as how they treat farang.

Visa policy...Corruption...Property...Lack of speaking English and any other foreign language.  Very dirty (plastic all around and they don't care).  The "amazing smile" is not what it seems...Prices for farang are sometimes 10-fold...

So...my next destination will be Southern Europe...no problems with visa, property, health insurance, and 300 sunny days /year...Holà!

10 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

First, my post has to be taken lightly...there is a dose of humor in my remarks...sorry if you missed it...

Then, don't see "hate" where it doesn't exist...there is a big step between "not liking" and "hating".

Finally, better not rely too much on government stats...there's what the stats say and what the eyes see...go to any public school in France or Belgium, for example, and check if what you see matches what the stats say...

In the 1990s, the number one name among the newborns in Belgium was...Muhammad...and very few of these little Muhammads were Christians...

Apologize for not seeing the humour. LOL. Belgium had its' highest immigration in the 1990's. Muhammed is now down to 7th. 

I'm not about to fly to France or Belgium to have a peek in a classroom. But the European perception of  being overrun with Muslims doesn't jive with population stats.

2 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

My homecountry is full will blacks arabs muslims and fake refugees.

So i feel more at home in Asia.

Euro governments especially German Sweden France Netherlands Belgium have destroyed it all. U can have ur mixed society right  in ur ..:  where the sun don't shine.

Words from a xenophobe who feels at home in a xenophobe society. The average uneducated expat has spoken.

Typical !

3 minutes ago, janpharma said:

Belgium is a small country where people pay the highest tax-rates and get the lowest pension (compared to the surrounding countries).  One can't imagine but this little country has 6 governments...totaly useless and they only argue with each oher (whilst costing a fortune). On top of that it has massive problems with immigrants, most from Morocco who are a true pain in the ass (as everyone can read or see on the  news), that's why Trump called it a hellhole...

But...Thailand...pleasant weather...good and fine food...nice ladies, is also not the place to be as how they treat farang.

Visa policy...Corruption...Property...Lack of speaking English and any other foreign language.  Very dirty (plastic all around and they don't care).  The "amazing smile" is not what it seems...Prices for farang are sometimes 10-fold...

So...my next destination will be Southern Europe...no problems with visa, property, health insurance, and 300 sunny days /year...Holà!

Am in Cyprus at the moment, the weather is still 24 daytime and 14 at night and almost always sunny. Eating out is reasonable value here but supermarkets expensive (even Lidl) Strangely enough every bar surrounding where i am staying is a girle bar. No local girls though, Ukranian, Russian, a few Romania, Serbia. Downside small beer Euro 5, cheapest lady drink Euro 10

1 minute ago, duanebigsby said:

Apologize for not seeing the humour. LOL. Belgium had its' highest immigration in the 1990's. Muhammed is now down to 7th. 

I'm not about to fly to France or Belgium to have a peek in a classroom. But the European perception of  being overrun with Muslims doesn't jive with population stats.

Given it's a valid reason not to like one's home country I'll put in my bob's worth.

It's a fact that the birth rate of Muslims in Europe far exceeds that of the "Christians", so while they may not NOW over run Europe, in the not too far distant future they will.

Much along the lines of folding a piece of paper 42 times to reach the moon.

http://www.codersrevolution.com/blog/will-a-piece-of-paper-folded-42-times-reach-the-moon

3 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Am in Cyprus at the moment, the weather is still 24 daytime and 14 at night and almost always sunny. Eating out is reasonable value here but supermarkets expensive (even Lidl) Strangely enough every bar surrounding where i am staying is a girle bar. No local girls though, Ukranian, Russian, a few Romania, Serbia. Downside small beer Euro 5, cheapest lady drink Euro 10

My old man retired in Cyprus. He liked it, but I think it sucks ( not in a good way ).

When I first went the girls were all Phillipinas, and I met the girl that if things had worked out would be the Mrs, but that's life.

Went back for another visit and they were all eastern European. Was not interested at all. Kept wishing I'd gone to Thailand instead.

7 minutes ago, duanebigsby said:

That is because Western Europe still has a large population of elderlies, that is, Christian elderlies.

But when it comes to the young generations, the picture is very different...with good reason, considering that African and Middle Eastern immigrants have had 5, 6, or more, children for decades, while the locals were only having 1 or 2.

Finally, young muslims being much more politically active than old christians, their presence is felt way beyond what their numbers would suggest.

One can't deny that mosques are built at a furious pace while churches are closed, or even destroyed, no matter what the stats say.

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

My old man retired in Cyprus. He liked it, but I think it sucks ( not in a good way ).

When I first went the girls were all Phillipinas, and I met the girl that if things had worked out would be the Mrs, but that's life.

Went back for another visit and they were all eastern European. Was not interested at all. Kept wishing I'd gone to Thailand instead.

At this time of the year though very good climate, nice to swim in a nice temperature clean sea still. But i will be back in SE Asia at the weekend.

Edited by Gruff

4 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

That is because Western Europe still has a large population of elderlies, that is, Christian elderlies.

But when it comes to the young generations, the picture is very different...with good reason, considering that African and Middle Eastern immigrants have had 5, 6, or more, children for decades, while the locals were only having 1 or 2.

Finally, young muslims being much more politically active than old christians, their presence is felt way beyond what their numbers would suggest.

One can't deny that mosques are built at a furious pace while churches are closed, or even destroyed, no matter what the stats say.

If Christianity has declined, logic tells me that at some stage the Muslim religion will decline as well.

4 minutes ago, Gruff said:

If Christianity has declined, logic tells me that at some stage the Muslim religion will decline as well.

Jesus born 0000, Mohammad born 0570 ..... so in another 500 years we can expect Islam to decline ..........

Not much use to me!

7 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Christianity has declined because Christian countries generally have become more enlightened and the population is seeing through the claptrap. There is also the benefit of not getting your head lopped off if you don't believe.

Edited by giddyup

7 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Jesus born 0000, Mohammad born 0570 ..... so in another 500 years we can expect Islam to decline ..........

Not much use to me!

Science should have kicked all religions into touch by now. They should be as much in the past as witches and Greek Gods. It is the indoctrination of children that keeps all these religions active.

Here in my home country now for a visit. 
It's cold. 

Everybody follows the rules.

The price marked on things is not the price you pay.

Women are mostly overweight.

You are expected to tip 15-20% if you eat out.  (plus tax) 

Have to pump your own gas (did I mention the cold temps)

Fun seeing my friends.  But they seem to know nothing about the rest of the world.  Their geography is so bad, I had my sister in law ask me if I drive to get to Thailand.

Rant over, I'll be back soon.  (breathing a sigh of relief)

4 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Science should have kicked all religions into touch by now. They should be as much in the past as witches and Greek Gods. It is the indoctrination of children that keeps all these religions active.

You are right.  Atheists need to take up beheadings also if we are going to get anywhere in a reasonable amount of time.  From what I can gather it's not all that gory to cut of the head of a believer.  There's no blood.  Just some cobwebs and a few marbles and loose stones.

The UK isn't the country I grew up in any more, and we aren't even allowed to discuss the problems without being labelled racist, religionist (not a word, but you know what I mean), or suchlike.

I see us giving succour to people who's children & grandchildren will be fighting our children & grandchildren in the streets.  And no politician since Enoch Powell has had the bottle to talk about it, though they have to know it's coming.

Also, don't get me started on the nanny state where we're not allowed to make our own decisions about our own safety.

5 minutes ago, DefaultName said:

The UK isn't the country I grew up in any more, and we aren't even allowed to discuss the problems without being labelled racist, religionist (not a word, but you know what I mean), or suchlike.

I see us giving succour to people who's children & grandchildren will be fighting our children & grandchildren in the streets.  And no politician since Enoch Powell has had the bottle to talk about it, though they have to know it's coming.

Also, don't get me started on the nanny state where we're not allowed to make our own decisions about our own safety.

I lke multi cultural london, i think has improved a lot now compared to when i was a child growing up there. I can get any Nationality food i like, i can enjoy a singalong in a Karaoke bar with the Flips, i can get served in coffee shops by efficient Easter European waitresses, i can go to Singles Evenings and choose Asian, South American, eastern European over the local ladies etc, etc

Edited by Gruff

6 minutes ago, DefaultName said:

Spot on. Tell it it like it is and you're labelled a racist or xenophobic. I watched a program on Malmo in Sweden, where if you dare criticise the immigration policies you are liable to be sacked from your job. Political correctness gone bonkers.

Edited by giddyup

This appears to a majority of Brits forum so excuse an antipodian. When I retired 5 odd years ago the idea was to spend 6 months in Thailand and 6 months tripping around the home country in a caravan, which is a great life particularly in the north where it is as warm as here. But the north is expensive, up to 750 baht per night for a caravan site verses 10-15000 baht per month for a unit. plus the lack of female women (most try to be like men) but the real reason I stay long term is the lack of regulation/PC. I could go back but it would be to benefit the girl who could work for decent money, not me. How we would pay the rent is unknown.