So whats wrong with your home country

Once Bitten

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stupidly high income tax and continual punishment of hard working and responsible people.

Wasting that tax on the lazy, feckless and foreign

Council tax - a family of two pays the same as a family of ten in same sized house - Services are poor and over complicated (sorting rubbish into 5 types of container and only having it collected every other week.

Massive tax on fuel

The failure that is multiculturalism

The left and the whiny self entitled

Minority interest promoted ahead of the majority

Adverts and TV programs filled with unrealistic representations of minorities and "alternative" types

Crime - especially youth and gang crime

LGBTQ stuff promoted in schools and in the media - Over representation of a tiny minority.

Begging adverts on TV and unsolicited begging phone calls from charities

The same old faces on the BBC for years

The joke that is the House of Lords

The joke that is bloated civil service and local govt pensions when compared to the average working mans

The joke that is football players and celeb salaries when compared to teachers, doctors, police, ambulance and firemen's pay 

Football every 8loody day :(

Immigrants from Africa, The Middle East, Pakistan, Afghanistan etc given housing and cash ahead of more deserving Brits..

I could go on ... But after 30 years overseas I do my best to ignore the terrible mess that the UK has become. 

My yearly pilgrimage to visit my elderly parents just reinforces my thought that leaving was the best thing I ever did.

25 minutes ago, TheMekon said:

Stupidly high income tax and continual punishment of hard working and responsible people.

Council tax - a family of two pays the same as a family of ten in same sized house - Services are poor and over complicated (sorting rubbish into 5 types of container and only having it collected every other week.

Massive tax on fuel

Adverts and TV programs filled with unrealistic representations of minorities and "alternative" types

LGBTQ stuff promoted in schools and in the media - Over representation of a tiny minority.

The joke that is bloated civil service and local govt pensions when compared to the average working mans

The joke that is football players and celeb salaries when compared to teachers, doctors, police, ambulance and firemen's pay 

Immigrants from Africa, The Middle East, Pakistan, Afghanistan etc given housing and cash ahead of more deserving Brits..

I could go on ... But after 30 years overseas I do my best to ignore the terrible mess that the UK has become. 

My yearly pilgrimage to visit my elderly parents just reinforces my thought that leaving was the best thing I ever did.

If the IOC ever recognizes whining as an olympic discipline, you will be a top candidate for 2 gold medals - summer & winter games.

1 minute ago, oldhippy said:

If the IOC ever recognizes whining as an olympic discipline, you will be a top candidate for 2 gold medals - summer & winter games.

:cheesy: whining is when you do nothing to improve your situation and continue to complain while you suffer.

I left them to it and enjoy a far more pleasant lifestyle as a result.

16 hours ago, TheMekon said:

Massive tax on fuel

Dan Dare would be proud of you mate..so would the Treens.

15 hours ago, oldhippy said:

Try living in the UK, say Grimsby, Bognor, Scunthorpe, Eat free at the local foodbank. I bet you start whinging PDQ.   Dont forget to take plenty of cash for the fines, and a nice suite for court appearances.  Try not to look happy..it makes people suspicious.

40 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

Try living in the UK, say Grimsby, Bognor, Scunthorpe, Eat free at the local foodbank. I bet you start whinging PDQ.   Dont forget to take plenty of cash for the fines, and a nice suite for court appearances.  Try not to look happy..it makes people suspicious.

So the European joie de vivre is missing in the UK?

This song is from long before EU and muslims ruined the UK way of life.....

Why I'm moving to Thailand in March with no plans to return:

- Medical care, including prescriptions, is cheaper in Thailand without health insurance than it is in the States with health insurance. I had a recent 3-day hospital stay. No surgery. Just blood tests, IVs, a scan. No new meds, just taken off old meds which were the cause of my problem. Bill was $37,000. They are still figuring my part.

- Rent: Lost my home in banking/real estate collapse. Live in my daughter's basement. Rent is a bargain, but for the same amount I get a lease on an ocean-view 1-bdrm, 2-ba condo with pool on Pattaya Hill.

- Ladies: Married 27 years, divorced 26 years. Raised four kids. Prospects look brighter in LOS.

- Politics: Lifelong friends have quit speaking to each other. The level of hatred is taking the joy out of life.

- Political correctness: What little joy that was left has been stamped out.

48 minutes ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

Wilson, Heath and Callahan?

Or maybe: the British people accepting their hiso loso divided society? Just like the Thais do?

That division, and the acceptance of it  were the first things that struck me when I visited the UK 45 years ago.

Have things changed yet?

5 hours ago, talahtnut said:

For the nooky?

we often complain about something in Thailand but then it is also fair to admit what a poorly mismanaged home country we coming from ourselves.and with cold and rainy shitty climates 

Edited by Destiny1990

29 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

we often complain about something in Thailand but then it is also fair to admit what a poorly mismanaged home country we coming from ourselves.and with cold and rainy shitty climates 

I wouldn't call Australia poorly mismanaged, but it certainly has it's faults, it also has a great climate, but it's just getting so expensive to live there, especially on a pension.

37 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Well a free National Health Service to all, a Social Security system and unemployment payouts seem a cool idea where l come from..:stoner:

23 hours ago, bazza73 said:

Religion would not exist if the ability to program children was removed. As for faith, I'm with Richard Dawkins. The only attribute hardwired into genes is survival.

Again, faith is nothing to do with religion. IMO no one that has seen the things I have would doubt that something exists that is outside the physical environment and is amazing. I just can't believe that all there is is what we can see. That doesn't mean I believe in an old guy in the sky listening to everyone, or that he made the world in 6 days etc etc.

Survival instincts- sex, food and water, sex, shelter and protection, sex, fire, sex. :stoner:

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

I wouldn't call Australia poorly mismanaged, but it certainly has it's faults, it also has a great climate, but it's just getting so expensive to live there, especially on a pension.

Of course it's mismanaged. The only country on the planet that was well managed is Singapore and it's become too expensive to live there.

Never underestimate the ability of bureaucrats and politicians to stuff things up.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

19 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Aboslute, preposterous, overwhelming nonsense TBL. Dear, dear dear!!!

I might have faith (belief) in something if the evidence is there for me to examine and it meets with my scrutiny or/and the scrutiny of others that I respect.

LOL. Faith is faith precisely because it can't be proven. If you have no faith, I feel sorry for you as you probably have no soul ( the soul is a matter of faith, not science ).

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

All unaffordable in the long run.

If the UK can pay zillions of quid every year to countries via aid that have nothing to do with Mr & Mrs Brit, and pay for EU folk to retire earlier than Mr & Mrs.Brit  then l reckon if those in UK control get their ass in gear and think of Mr & Mrs Brit FIRST they may well have the funds to afford it..:stoner:

17 hours ago, TheMekon said:

:cheesy: whining is when you do nothing to improve your situation and continue to complain while you suffer.

I left them to it and enjoy a far more pleasant lifestyle as a result.

Love the avatar. I used to read Dan Dare every week, and of course every other story in the comic, but I still remember Dan Dare.

3 minutes ago, transam said:

If the UK can pay zillions of quid every year to countries via aid that have nothing to do with Mr & Mrs Brit, and pay for EU folk to retire earlier than Mr & Mrs.Brit  then l reckon if those in UK control get their ass in gear and think of Mr & Mrs Brit FIRST they may well have the funds to afford it..:stoner:

You dreamer you :smile:.

I can think of many things wrong with LOS, but I'd still rather live here than back there. There are plenty of great things about the home country, but to enjoy them one has to be well off financially. Somewhere since the 50s, it all went wrong.

Better things about LOS.

Pretty girls that are feminine and not wannabe men.

It's warm all year round.

I can afford a better lifestyle here ( not a great lifestyle, but better than there ).

Good enough for me.

16 hours ago, talahtnut said:

Is that a bedroom suite or a lounge suite, and why would I take either to court?

:sorry:

30 minutes ago, transam said:

It's truly shocking that taxpayers from the UK have to pay more than Spain?

When will Mr. & Mrs. Sauerkraut understand that it's time for a Gexit? :shock1:

graph_total_payments_466x485.gif

16 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Again, faith is nothing to do with religion. IMO no one that has seen the things I have would doubt that something exists that is outside the physical environment and is amazing. I just can't believe that all there is is what we can see. That doesn't mean I believe in an old guy in the sky listening to everyone, or that he made the world in 6 days etc etc.

Survival instincts- sex, food and water, sex, shelter and protection, sex, fire, sex. :stoner:

Scientific discoveries like the God particle...the Higgs Bossom.