Motorcyclist severely burnt after rivals threw petrol bomb at him in northern Bangkok

webfact

Motorcyclist severely burnt after rivals threw petrol bomb at him in northern Bangkok

4pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

A 26 year old motorcyclist is in ICU after he was attacked then had a petrol bomb thrown at him early this morning.

Thung Song Hong police and Por Teck Tung medics found Kuntawat Wisit in agony with severe burns to both legs.

His Yamaha Nouvo was completely burnt out.

He was rushed to Nonthawet Hospital where he is in ICU. He had been unable to give evidence yet.

Witnesses said that a group of men on bikes kicked Kuntawat from his vehicle. He was then attacked and a petrol bomb was thrown at him igniting him and his bike.

Police are studying CCTV to find the assailants.

The incident happened behind Thurakit Bandit university in Laksi district.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-11-21

I sincerely hope the CCTV was working and these people are found quickly and very severely punished. That is a truly horrific thing to do to someone. I am not going to suggest that anywhere in the world is perfect, but the number of extremely violent incidents here seems to be increasing alarmingly.

9 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

I sincerely hope the CCTV was working and these people are found quickly and very severely punished. That is a truly horrific thing to do to someone. I am not going to suggest that anywhere in the world is perfect, but the number of extremely violent incidents here seems to be increasing alarmingly.

I suspect it's the number of smartphone cameras that's increasing. 

A few years ago, we'd have probably been oblivious to incidents like this.

4 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

The best way to deal with these thugs if they are caught is to do the same to them. Give them a beating and then set them alight. Why not.

Because that is not a possible punishment according to Thai law.

If we stop following the law, we are no better than them.