Cheap Charlie’s bar confirms Dec.1 opening party

snoop1130

Cheap Charlie’s bar confirms Dec.1 opening party

By Coconuts Bangkok

fghj.JPG

Cheap Charlie’s has just confirmed, via a Facebook post, that they are primed and ready to reopen to their loving fans on Dec. 1.

Though we reported a few weeks ago that they expected to open on Dec. 1, now it is certain.

The beloved expat bar, which had to shut down nine months ago due to a land sale (the land still sits suspiciously empty but, that’s another story), finally found a new home on On Nut Soi 50.

Full Story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/food-drink/cheap-charlies-bar-confirms-dec-1-opening-party/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-11-24

Great. Can’t wait to be reprimanded by the staff for having one foot over the rope line on the floor cos there’s no space to stand properly. Add to that, love over hearing TEFL teachers talking about how seasoned they while giving each the low down on what Thai culture really is. 

14 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Great. Can’t wait to be reprimanded by the staff for having one foot over the rope line on the floor cos there’s no space to stand properly. Add to that, love over hearing TEFL teachers talking about how seasoned they while giving each the low down on what Thai culture really is. 

They have 'culture' in Thailand, failed to notice anything deserving of this term, unless you refer to unbridled greed, scams, xenophobia, homicidal maniacs on highways etc

3 hours ago, thecyclist said:

They have 'culture' in Thailand, failed to notice anything deserving of this term, unless you refer to unbridled greed, scams, xenophobia, homicidal maniacs on highways etc

You missed the culture related to grumpy, self important, self opinionated, humourless and miserable expats. ??

6 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Seems it will be a place to avoid, too many Thaivisa members are likely to be there, what a nightmare.

When we all had to leave Lan Kwai Fong suddenly Charlies was a breath of fresh air for us all.

Latterly it became infested with tourists from the cheap hotels now dotted along Soi 11.

I'm glad to see it move to pastures new and I'm sure we will still visit since Ekkamai and beyond is the new Ari...but with bars springing up.

9 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

When we all had to leave Lan Kwai Fong suddenly Charlies was a breath of fresh air for us all.

Latterly it became infested with tourists from the cheap hotels now dotted along Soi 11.

I'm glad to see it move to pastures new and I'm sure we will still visit since Ekkamai and beyond is the new Ari...but with bars springing up.

"When we all had to leave Lan Kwai Fong suddenly Charlies was a breath of fresh air for us all".

For us all?  Speak for yourself!

16 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Seems it will be a place to avoid, too many Thaivisa members are likely to be there, what a nightmare.

No need to worry on that score. When a Thaivisa member arrives he will mention a secret password and have a small item that only tv members can recognise  placed near him so he/she will be known to other members only.

2 hours ago, overherebc said:

No need to worry on that score. When a Thaivisa member arrives he will mention a secret password and have a small item that only tv members can recognise  placed near him so he/she will be known to other members only.

I'll not be risking it, I remember the Thaivisa Lounge experience.