Pattaya moans: Nothing but rude Indians, Chinese and Arabs - "they treat the place like they own it"

webfact

3 hours ago, lonewolf99 said:

Anyone want to add to this list of only a few reasons why the Westerners are not coming in the numbers they did in say 2005?

Overly strong Baht.

Too many scams.

Blinkered tourist board courting the wrong nationalities  i.e. now over run with Chinese, Indians, Middle Eastern, Madagascans ?

Not listening to advise from Westerners already in LoS.

Filthy beaches and Sois.

As mentioned, bag snatching.

Brutal unprovoked assaults.

Deadly roads.

Ineffective Policing combined with corruption.

Unsafe balconies........

Junta.

Restrictive legitimate Visas for extended periods.

Obese gogo dancers and bar girls...............

Hey! Come on! Hmm, OK, you do point out some valid issues. 555 I am going on record of not commenting on the last item. They are skinning many males in the US for sexual escapades.... Not that I ever, mind you...

Just now, nev said:

... then they bend over backwards to bring in these zero dollar tourists who have everything catered for is only going to get worse.

Commonly known as a package holiday in the UK.  The tourist pays upfront rather than as they go and still a very popular product in the UK travel industry.

It's not my sort of thing as I prefer to make my own itinerary but someone's still making money, just not the traditional haunts.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Why? It's no worse than it was 10 years ago, though it's harder to find a good looking BG and the traffic is still appalling.

The beach walkway is rubbish, but I never went there for the walkway.

My biggest disappointment is that Malibu show closed.

One of the places I used to enjoy was Malibu. Was in there one night when the owner turned up and rang the bell two or three times. Must have been more than 10 years ago I remember.

1 hour ago, timewilltell said:

Once there was a place called the Costa del Sol and the Costa Brava. British and other Europeans went there in droves. They built hotels and ripped off, scammed and raped their way out of favour until no 9ne goes there Any more. History is a worthwhile lesson!

Interesting. ..I just read a article about those two places today. Apparently that was the case but the tourist are starting to come back now.

4 hours ago, ezflip said:

They ain't coming back because you treated them like $hit with all your scams. Much better places to go instead.

They've been asking the same question for the past 5 years but refusing to accept the answer...

Americans lol

3 hours ago, chrisandsu said:

Sadly that’s the vast majority of people living in Pattaya . Do you think these horrible businesses that never see a customer can keep the lights on from tourist money ? It’s all

laundered money 

No it's not, the majority of people living in Pattaya are Thai and do not fall into those categories.

Hilarious

They do spend money - they just don't spend it on whores.

The only people complaining are the ones who used to focus on the farang pissheads and sex tourists from the West.

The hotels ain't bitching, neither are the restaurants.

If your hostess bar or happy ending massage dump isn't making bank any more, change your business.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Thailand has destroyed their tourist image for the good tourists who come and spend money, with all the jacked up dual pricing, piss poor attitudes, total lack of language skills, rip off prices, and high crime.  The "cream" has been scraped from the top, so now all they're left with is the dregs.  And no one but themselves to blame. 

Maybe some of them rented/bought a seadoo with the "damage claim"?

4 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

very funny.....!!

If they don't want those people why let them stay in your hotel???

As a hotel owner you know who is booking the tour. Just stay away from people you won't to see.

Easy as that.

Unfortunately as they say in the theatre it's bums on seats that matter.

Well you've gotta go see the government about that one.... Everyone likes the Farang coz they spend the money! and get the place rockin!.... the indians, chinese and arabs don't... mind you, the arabs are known for their spending on ladyboys, according to my TW.!!!

If Myanmar ever get's their act together along the Adaman Sea, they could totally destroy's Thailand's costal vacation spots.  There are already some big name companies starting to invest and build there.  And if they don't make the same mistakes the Thai have made, in 10 years they will crush Thailand's tourist numbers. 

its very true - the poor exchange rate for euro and sterling (ie the high value of the baht) has contributed to a significant reduction in europeans and we are left with Chinese (who desecrate monuments and shit in the street ) the Indians and Arabs (not al but the majority)who are just plain rude and with dirty habits .Most of them are sex tourists because they can't get what they want in their own country . The Chinese are a joke - they wander round in groups with a flag and selfie sticks gawking at everything , look for the "eat all you can chinese buffet's" and certainly don't come to buy property . They don't spend anything .  What benefit is that to Pattaya and Thailand ??     

• Confused 1