Two American tourists fined 5000 Baht for 'butt selfie' at Thai temple

webfact

Well, compared to, for example Singapore or most Middle Eastern countries, they got away with it lightly.

Of course, compared to, say, most of the European countries, it is just the opposite. I mean, this probably wouldn't be much of an issue in most European countries.

I am an open-minded person; but, I think that this is really unpleasant behavior and is rightly criticised  by many (I am undecided though, whether there should be a fine or not).

By the way, it is also important to criticise this type of behavior, regardless of the case involving two men, two women, or a male-female couple. Sadly, some people apply double-standards.

Edited by JemJem

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, sanemax said:

You will probably get charged with indecency and get a 5000 Baht fine and maybe even get charged with illegally employing people

I charge him with stupidity!

Pay 2 sluts 10,000 baht, can think of a few better things to get them do than show off tits in public.555

Well, compared to, for example Singapore or most Middle Eastern countries, they got away with it lightly.

Of course, compared to, say, most of the European countries, it is just the opposite. I mean, this probably wouldn't be much of an issue in most European countries.

I am an open-minded person; but, I think that this is really unpleasant behavior and is rightly criticised  by many (I am undecided though, whether there should be a fine or not).

By the way, it is also important to criticise this type of behavior, regardless of the case involving two men, two women, or a male-female couple. Sadly, some people apply double-standards.

It's not over yet. How do you know they will get off easy? To say so is premature.

Also I think you're tripping. Nobody has said they should get any different treatment because of their minority identity status.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

They adopt. Adopting is not unusual for many people who are unable to conceive. You might want to try opening your eyes to the world around you!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Does it really need to be said that two men cannot have a biological baby together? Duh. Two women can do that half way rather easily. One man in the couple could also hire a surrogate.

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Well, someday this married couple will have a big laugh about all this and it will be a great story to tell their grandkids.

But not now ... 

And here i am thinking,..the good thing these stooges wont be able to procreate.

But you know some new technology?

Are you thinking men will soon be having babys out their bottom?

I am old, nothing to suprise me anymore.555

And here i am thinking,..the good thing these stooges wont be able to procreate.   But you know some new technology?

Are you thinking men will soon be having babys out their bottom?

I am old, nothing to suprise me anymore.555

They can adopt. Surrogacy is legal in the US but very expensive so it's even possible for one of them to be the biological father. Sometimes gay men have kids from previous marriages or become parents of relatives kids. That's what I meant obviously.  

The grandkids thing was kind of a joke. Its something people say. They may or may not someday have grandkids just like any married couple.

5 hours ago, tingtongtourist said:

Also, in 2nd pic ( not seen as much) they are right next to a wall and have pants down, which really is being naked with the willies very close to a stone wall which may be temple

This is true. The picture you refer to has them standing with pants down having climbed up onto the actual temple structure, and looks like they're exposing their junk to the temple. No wonder they caused offence. 

This is true. The picture you refer to has them standing with pants down having climbed up onto the actual temple structure, and looks like they're exposing their junk to the temple. No wonder they caused offence. 

Absolutely it was offensive. They are facing consequences. The question now is how severe the consequences.

1 minute ago, lamyai3 said:

looks like their genitals are touching the temple