Study finds high pesticide levels in local food

rooster59

2 hours ago, berrec said:

OMG, so what you're telling me is if I am lucky enough to avoid the potential of death or injury on the Thailand road networks, eating locally grown produce containing toxic substances will likely get me in the long term anyway.  

Geeze, my first year living here in Thailand and I am wondering now if I will make it successfully through to the end of year 2.

And I thought navigating around the pimps and hustlers at central Sukhumvit was my greatest danger to living in Thailand.

Yes sorry even u will not survive..

many of the pesticides and herbicides sold in this country are banned in their country of origin. If these countries didn't export them, it will go a long way to solving the problem. one of the biggest culprits in the ICI in the UK. So just blame the Thai farmers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VincentRJ said:

Try reading the following article. There's lots of research that shows the health benefits of fasting. If you are obese with lots of fat that contains toxins, you'll have to fast more seriously.

https://www.tylertolman.com/health-articles/water-fasting-benefits-detox-cleanse/

total unscientific nonsense..pure quackery.

You cannot detox it is a myth and quite profitable for some.

The poisons in pesticides damage your internal organs so they don't function....no amount of drinking water will protect you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, VincentRJ said:

Just go on a fast periodically to detoxify your body, and you should be okay. Say, a two day fast once a month should be sufficient. By fast, I mean  taking nothing but clean and pure water for the period. Don't even drink coffee.

What!! To difficult for you? So how much do you value your health? 

All nice & fine except the 'clean & pure water'-part.

Can't shake the feeling it's just as contaminated ... :bah:  

22 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

I

As expected, the article did not offer one link to a scientific peer reviewed study.

"There's lots of research that shows the health benefits of fasting."

Perhaps so, but one would not be aware of any by reading that article.

Everything in the article is a claim, not a proof.

"tyler-arrow.png

WANT TO KNOW

MORE ABOUT

TYLER TOLMAN?

Tyler Tolman is a world-renowned speaker, facilitator, author and health revolutionist. He has touched the lives of people around the world, helping them to heal their bodies and live disease-free through basic yet powerful daily principles of health."

Also as expected, Tyler Tolman has no scientific training.

" Tyler spent many years travelling around the world, carrying out extensive research into the profound wisdom of ancient masters who knew the true secrets to longevity. He learned ancient rituals and natural healing techniques that have been lost to western medicine.."

https://www.tylertolman.com/about-holistic-approach/

Ancient masters did not know where the sun goes at night, nor why it snows.

The germ theory of disease only came to prominence during the mid to late 19th century. Viruses were first discovered in the 1890's, less than 130 years ago.

the ancient masters (bless 'em!) and also had a life expectancy of about 40 years!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Airbagwill said:

total unscientific nonsense..pure quackery.

You cannot detox it is a myth and quite profitable for some.

The poisons in pesticides damage your internal organs so they don't function....no amount of drinking water will protect you.

Colonic irrigation works.  

1 minute ago, Khun Paul said:

I remember having a talk by the Thai exporters association  2016/17, who stated that almost 80% oif all Food destined for export to Western countries had to be sent back as they breached the environmental levels insisted upon by trhose countries the EU, North America/Canada and Australasia, AND  STILL THE THAI GOVT DOES NOTHING

The EU has rejected chicken prawns and lots of other produce, but the stuff in local markets is over 30 times EU limits.

Of course post Brexit Britain will buy it!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cranky said:

Colonic irrigation works.  

FHS! All that does is give you a big poo!How could it possibly remove molecules binding in your body?????

Silly ideas like this allow big business to use unacceptable farming techniques.

Rayong's has some of the highest cancer rates in the country as well as other chronic illnesses...no colonic irrigation will save them!

Edited by Airbagwill
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Another major disappointment to seeing Thailand as a future home.

I'm a vegetarian besides so even more so.

I already planned to cope with the reported road carnage by taking Uber and flying. Ruled out purchasing a car and definitely no 2 wheeled vehicles.

First the polluted air in Chiang Mai and other places, then this.

Rent is cheaper but life span is shorter.

Loei was definitely one place that I planned to visit.

I now see it's one of the areas with the most pesticide - an area known for green tourism.

Somebody in this thread mentioned what sounded like a chain of stores which sell organic produce.

Has anyone here visited one?

Edited by JimmyJ
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, smedly said:

Like everything else in Thailand enforcement of standards doesn't exist, enforcement of anything doesn't exist, standards don't exist - because it costs money

Buying submarines exists - corruption exists  

Agree with you except your specific finger pointing to Thailand. This is true in every country in the world when it comes to food except France and a couple others. France demands protection of its people when it comes to food and their food is great but expensive. People demand cheap food and government want people fed to stop revolution. If you went to Tesco and tomatoes costs 10.00 USA dollars you would be screaming for the government to do something. We all scream for the government to rescue us and this is the end result. So no disrespect to you but the public and big food corporations are the problem not Thailand. If you think Thailand is alone in this thought you are mistaken. China is worse as one example and the USA is just as bad. You can grow your own food but of course that would cost you time and money so as consumers we are part of this “costs” problem and the government will always side on cheaper food and mass production of food at the “lowest” cost even if the lowest “cost” is not healthy. 

God bless France (I am American not French) and a few other european countries for food safety but the rest of the world has no food safety standards because of costs.

All it takes is a few months here full time and you start to get it.  You can go crazy thinking about it what you put into your mouth, you can only do so much? Fruit and vegetable is plenty here crazy if you don't eat it but do have to wonder how it is being grown?

I have a common nightmare that I get sick they cut my stomach open and Alien pops out? 

Recently, Trump wanted the man to buy more pork from the U.S., the reason Thai don't is they don't like the hormon being use in raising them I was thinking what?:smile:

28 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

Another major disappointment to seeing Thailand as a future home.

I'm a vegetarian besides so even more so.

I already planned to cope with the reported road carnage by taking Uber and flying. Ruled out purchasing a car and definitely no 2 wheeled vehicles.

First the polluted air in Chiang Mai and other places, then this.

Rent is cheaper but life span is shorter.

Loei was definitely one place that I planned to visit.

I now see it's one of the areas with the most pesticide - an area known for green tourism.

Somebody in this thread mentioned what sounded like a chain of stores which sell organic produce.

Has anyone here visited one?

I understand your thoughts which are not my own. What I wish you could explain to me is why would you live anywhere on this earth (Thailand, Hawaii ....)that you feel is not a great plaxe for you to live. Soon your life is over. Why don’t you choose to live in the best place for you that you possibly can for the short time you have on this planet? Not trying to single you out but for the life of me I cannot understand the daily complaints of people when they have the freedom to choose where they live and they choose a place they hate and criticize daily and predict its doom due to government incompetence or xenophobia. Would you pick a spouse that you hated and was xenophobic and daily criticized. No you would not so why choose a place to live every day that you hate?

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, scorecard said:

These same findings have been reported numerous time every year for decades.

Bottom line - there is obviously no action or punishment. 

Why not? Why aren't the appropriate officials dismissed and punished for dereliction of duty?

LMAO