• Darksidedog
    • JAG

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I now call on TRANSAM to man up and do the right thing and join me in calling for a final final ONE on ONE contest between the two front runners in this current corrupted poll.

That would have a lot of power if TRANSAM who will definitely win in this poll realizes that a win with a dark cloud of a large pool of DELETED VOTES isn't worth much. If not, is he afraid he won't win in a one on one? That's what people will think. 

Personally, I think TRANSAM would still win in a final final one on one. But if we don't do, we will never know for sure. 

Transam is doing the right thing, he is not whinging. Why are you making such a big deal out of a trivial subject.

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I now call on TRANSAM to man up and do the right thing and join me in calling for a final final ONE on ONE contest between the two front runners in this current corrupted poll.

That would have a lot of power if TRANSAM who will definitely win in this poll realizes that a win with a dark cloud of a large pool of DELETED VOTES isn't worth much. If not, is he afraid he won't win in a one on one? That's what people will think. 

Personally, I think TRANSAM would still win in a final final one on one. But if we don't do, we will never know for sure. 

I reckon you're crackers....eyes.gif.8a764dfdb8e5120f8ff68e07335e1c1d.gif

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

A huge pool of deleted votes relative to the total volume of votes (not a lot) is far from trivial, dear. 

It was a smattering of disgruntled ne'er-do-wells sicophantically brown-nosing the mod establishment.  Craig withdrew, because he knew that his participation was making heroes of the opposition.  To be honest, the election is better off without that sort of voter.  Sometimes you can take this free speech malarky a little too far.  "The empty vessels make the most noise" as my dear old late grandmother used to shout, before she got her deaf-aid.

SC

Speaking for ALL the Craig DISENFRANCHISED voters (do you all get it, we CANNOT revote in this poll!) I say regardless of the shameless short sighted chickening out of the front runner, a REMEDY is sorely needed.

I propose a final final one on one between the two leaders in this current poll.

Another option is a complete reboot of the current list. 

Edited by Jingthing

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Speaking for ALL the Craig DISENFRANCHISEMENT voters (do you all get it, we CANNOT revote in this poll!) I say regardless of the shameless chickening out of the front runner, a REMEDY is needed.

I propose a final final one on one.

Think you should bugger off.....sad-face.gif.18fda7bde4ad6d5bac2a8f4162a53729.gif

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Speaking for ALL the Craig DISENFRANCHISED voters (do you all get it, we CANNOT revote in this poll!) I say regardless of the shameless short sighted chickening out of the front runner, a REMEDY is sorely needed.

I propose a final final one on one between the two leaders in this current poll.

I have a third option, we leave it as it is.

Just now, Jingthing said:

Speaking for ALL the Craig DISENFRANCHISEMENT voters (do you all get it, we CANNOT revote in this poll!) I say regardless of the shameless chickening out of the front runner, a REMEDY is needed.

I propose a final final one on one.

I prefer to stay away from any final solution.

Why don't you start work on the ground rules for POTY 2019, instead of carping on about retrospective rule changes for this year's event?  I suggest you could make it a knock-out tournament, with two-day head-to-head rounds starting in mid-October, leading up to a final Ladies' Excuse-Me Elimination Heat in the Pattaya Ballroom

SC

JSixpack

• Quitcherbitchin'
  •  
  • JSixpack
  • Advanced Members
  • 7,779 posts

We should post some representative posts from the leaders so that everyone may be sure what they're voting for (but of course, they probably are). I'll start off:

8 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Beating the crap out of the very customers you need to generate an income is not a particularly wise move, which is I guess, why it happened in Thailand.

Actually, it happens in other countries as well. But all Thais are stupid, you see.

darksidedog was one our most virulent Tunnel Flooders (stupid Thais!). Ignored my request for a status update.

To be honest with you I don't recall ever seeing your status update request re the tunnel, which I recall had more than one issue with water before it ever opened, so in point of fact, I didn't ignore it. Now, re my post of this morning, does that sort of thing happen elsewhere? Yes, I guess it does, but in my experience, having worked over very large chunks of the world, it happens a lot more here than other places. A significant number of people "liked" that post, so it seems many agree with my comment.

Speaking of which, I currently have nearly six likes per post across the board, while you have less then 0.5, so that seems to hold true with much of what I post. I find it a little ironic that your catch phrase is quitcherbitchin, though in fact that doesn't seem to hold entirely true in a chunk of your postings.

Whatever, this is a forum where people are free to voice their views. Some will agree with yours or my postings, some will not. I will continue to voice what I think and I will respond whenever I feel it appropriate to do so, as all others here are free to also do.

Maybe we can ask the finalists one question each and see who offers the best answer?

So, I normally get a number two crewcut but lately my ears seem to have grown some.

Should I continue with the number two, or cast caution to the wind and get a number three?

This really

1 minute ago, sipi said:

Maybe we can ask the finalists one question each and see who offers the best answer?

So, I normally get a number two crewcut but lately my ears seem to have grown some.

Should I continue with the number two, or cast caution to the wind and get a number three?

Yes!  1514122.gif

1 minute ago, darksidedog said:

...Speaking of which, I currently have nearly six likes per post across the board, while you have less then 0.5, so that seems to hold true with much of what I post...

The Likes were introduced a few years back, so people with a high post-count dating back many years won't have attracted likes on their posts before the introduction of likes.  If you know what I mean, like.

We experimented for a while with green heineken beerbottle lables for Good, and red McEwans Export labels for Bad, but some posters felt that the system was being abused to their detriment, and that was scrapped.  Then in came the unidirectional Likes, which have now been expanded to a variety of pointless but generally positively congratulatory icons.

SC

1 minute ago, sipi said:

I always thought a number two was synonymous with shit, so I would go for the safe bet of number three! :smile:

2 minutes ago, sipi said:

Trim your ears 

3 minutes ago, sipi said:

Man up and take the guard off completely.