Cambodians arrested cooking up their doggy for dinner

webfact

Cambodians arrested cooking up their doggy for dinner

7pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Daily News reported that a Thai "good Samaritan" and dog lover filmed a pair of Cambodian construction workers cutting up a dog.

The clip was then sent to the Pluak Daeng, Rayong police who went with vets to some worker's accommodation in the area.

There they found Kee Kuang, 20, and Ten Thon, 34, steaming some meat on a makeshift stove.

The vets confirmed it was the head of a dog.

The Cambodians said they reared the animal themselves then bashed it over the head, skinned it and cut it up. Other dog remains were found in their room in a bucket.

They said they had no idea it was illegal in Thailand - Cambodians love dogs, they said...for dinner. They were cooking the meat to stave off the cold.

Both men were found to be legally in Thailand.

But they were taken away on a charge of animal cruelty.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-12-22

A bit harsh towards a bunch of helpless scapegoat Cambodian labourers!! ...It is cultural, as dogs are eaten in many parts of Asia.

How would the "good"  Thai samaritain feel, if the Chinese arrested a Thai for eating Durian in a Air China long haul ?

And what about animal cruelty ? Perhaps the good samaritain should take a closer look on how certain slaughterhouses handle livestock in Thailand.

Edited by observer90210

my first trip to Thailand back in '82 I was somewhere up in Golden Triangle, went thru village where guys had whole dog skewered up for barbecue. They graciously offered to share it with me (I declined) but did take a photo and used that on my Christmas cards. Sorry no longer have the photo.

Speaking of animal cruelty, nothing happened to Thai cops who buried bitch and her puppies alive with back hoe on Jomtien Beach a few years ago. Business as usual

I lived for four years in one of the most beautiful spots in China if not the world, when me and the GF would do our weekly shopping it would have been rare not to see live animals of all kinds, including cats and dogs in cages waiting to be bought and slaughtered right there. The way it was done you hit the live stuff first and made your choice, mine was usually just chicken and duck, you finished your shopping and passed back around the meat section and picked up your freshly killed dinner?? That is just the way it is. And what about the Issan? I saw lots of dogs being eaten there????

Edited by Rimmer
Font corrected

On 12/23/2017 at 10:39 AM, sawadee1947 said:

why.....not long ago they were no law in some European countries against that. Also still in Vietnam and China you can eat it.

And.....there are too many soi dogs here

They wont deport those Cambodians Who will do the work for Thais if they go?

My wife tells me stories of when she was young and her mother, raising 5 kids alone, would dish up rat, squirrels etc and tell the kids it was chicken. Wife shrugs her shoulders at Thais/Cambodians that eat dogs, she finds it outrageous that us westerners eat those cute little lambs from the petting zoo.

16 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

My wife tells me stories of when she was young and her mother, raising 5 kids alone, would dish up rat, squirrels etc and tell the kids it was chicken. Wife shrugs her shoulders at Thais/Cambodians that eat dogs, she finds it outrageous that us westerners eat those cute little lambs from the petting zoo.

Careful she dont start barking at you