95 teens arrested, 72 illegally modified motorcycles seized

rooster59

95 teens arrested, 72 illegally modified motorcycles seized

By The Nation

13705393ca2845564590a53807d2d1f9.jpeg

Metropolitan police rounded up 95 teens and seized their 72 motorcycles on suspicion that they were preparing to race on Bangkok roads.

Pol Maj-General Boonyarit Rodma, commander of Metropolitan Police Division 7, held a press conference at 3am to announce the arrests.

Boonyakiart said the Metropolitan Police Bureau dispatched 400 policemen to set up road checkpoints at various spots in Bangkok from late Friday night to early Saturday and stopped and checked motorcycles of teenagers.

The 72 motorcycles were found to have been illegally modified apparently for road racing. The riders and the pillion riders were arrested.

One of the arrested teens was found to have seven methamphetamine pills and three others tested positive for drug use.

Boonyakiart said police also arrested four persons for opening Facebook pages for organising road races. They were identified as Davuth Abdulrohim, 20, Anucha Kulwong, 20, Book (not real name), 17, and Thanawat Kulwong, 20.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30334630

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-12-23

i want to complain about the 'loud and proud''little thai males on their little scooters with the insanly loud mufflers..these fools think a muffler and a few lights is a modification..do they think people really care,do they think once they install a new 400bt muffler they have a 1200 kawisaki..no you have a 110 wave with a loud muffler....GROW UP YOU FOOLS...its loud enough in  pattaya now we have these retards racing around ,trying to be noticed..how bad do they need attention...merry Christmas..

3 minutes ago, mok199 said:

i want to complain about the 'loud and proud''little thai males on their little scooters with the insanly loud mufflers..these fools think a muffler and a few lights is a modification..do they think people really care,do they think once they install a new 400bt muffler they have a 1200 kawisaki..no you have a 110 wave with a loud muffler....GROW UP YOU FOOLS...its loud enough in  pattaya now we have these retards racing around ,trying to be noticed..how bad do they need attention...merry Christmas..

The only great way to modify a little motorbike is to put bicycle rims on, me thinks. 

Edited by jenny2017

12 minutes ago, mok199 said:

Its horrible down here in Phuket.  Tourists thinking they are all driving Harleys when its just a Click and a muffler.  I split my time up in Chiang Mai and Phuket and man do I miss Chiang Mai.

23 minutes ago, kurtmartens said:

Its horrible down here in Phuket.  Tourists thinking they are all driving Harleys when its just a Click and a muffler.  I split my time up in Chiang Mai and Phuket and man do I miss Chiang Mai.

They think they are on Harleys....

well done the cops, i endured this when i lived at Phra Khanong it seems every wednesday or thursday at about 12/30 am they woul be out on Rama 4 seemed to have a circular track, as after about 15 minutes they would be back again, big bike rider all my life but cannot see the need for ear splitting exhausts, its got to be a thai look at me syndrome to get attention

7 hours ago, Centrum said:

jeez, leave 'em alone. They're just kids doing what kids do when society offers them little in the way of interesting and useful alternatives.

Think about that for 10 minutes.

• I,ll give your reply a couple of seconds thought....my conclusion..:coffee1:

16 minutes ago, Centrum said:

jeez, leave 'em alone. They're just kids doing what kids do when society offers them little in the way of interesting and useful alternatives.

Think about that for 10 minutes.

yep, give them somewhere to go do it legaly, problem solved.

8 hours ago, mercman24 said:

well done the cops, i endured this when i lived at Phra Khanong it seems every wednesday or thursday at about 12/30 am they woul be out on Rama 4 seemed to have a circular track, as after about 15 minutes they would be back again, big bike rider all my life but cannot see the need for ear splitting exhausts, its got to be a thai look at me syndrome to get attention

Send all the bikes to be crushed.....:thumbsup:

I remember a few years ago the cops in Pattaya had a blitz on noisy exhausts. Confiscated the bike until a properly silenced one was brought and fitted and the problem went away in about 6 months. Now though, the problem is back, worse than ever. At my friends bar on Nernplubwan, every minute or so, one goes howling by, totally destroying conversation. And the sad part is, these dumb and noisy little idiots, mostly without a helmet between varying numbers of youthful passengers, think that they are being cool! Truly amazing and an insight into the intellect of today's youth.

Or maybe I am just getting grumpy and miserable in my old age? :smile:

4 hours ago, kurtmartens said:

So why go there then?

Take the factory silencer of a bike and stick on a big bore exhaust, yes lots of noise but performance drops off around 25%, and that has been proved on a Dyno.

2 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I remember a few years ago the cops in Pattaya had a blitz on noisy exhausts. Confiscated the bike until a properly silenced one was brought and fitted and the problem went away in about 6 months. Now though, the problem is back, worse than ever. At my friends bar on Nernplubwan, every minute or so, one goes howling by, totally destroying conversation. And the sad part is, these dumb and noisy little idiots, mostly without a helmet between varying numbers of youthful passengers, think that they are being cool! Truly amazing and an insight into the intellect of today's youth.

No, it is not old age. As I type this, the roar of these pissy straight piped scooters ripping by is echoing through my neighbourhood. A long time big bike rider, I HATE noisy bikes. There are all kinds of roadside checkpoints here in Pattaya already, but noisy vehicles are not a concern to them. I'm glad to hear there was once an effective blitz here on these unneccessary modded bikes in the past, and I say it is highly overdue for a repeat.  They are everywhere. Instead, the powers that be think they can solve noisy exhaust problems by dumb rules like banning all big bikes in National Parks, irregardless if it has a stock quiet muffler, which is cleaner and makes less noise than the scooter the ranger drives daily to work. I say let these little annoying low cc idiots roar through the parks, and show them who is really causing the noise problems, and get some common sense applied to rescind this stupid big bike park rule. 

2 hours ago, darksidedog said:

we have tried talking to one of the worst in a building across from ours,as he actually scares my 4 yr old in the morning ,his Honda cub is so loud...and now he goes out of his way to be even more annoying....we are pricing double glass windows...again I adjust my life to live around thais...but then again ''THIS IS THAILAND''

36 minutes ago, mok199 said:

we have tried talking to one of the worst in a building across from ours,as he actually scares my 4 yr old in the morning ,his Honda cub is so loud...and now he goes out of his way to be even more annoying....we are pricing double glass windows...again I adjust my life to live around thais...but then again ''THIS IS THAILAND''

..stick a potato up the exhaust.... push it all the way down in the pipe.

they annoy me too but i have to shamefully admit that I modified both my cars i had before moving out here. noisy as hell magnex exhaust and huge bass box with a load of amps just in case i wasn't loud enough. but the cars were pretty quick for the time.  renault 5 GT Turbo and and Pug 205 1.9GTI. i thought i was cool as **** but looking back realize what an absolute prick I was 555. i look at these kids on their mopeds and i just kind of laugh

10 hours ago, mok199 said:

if they had a 1200 kawasaki .....then that would be ok?

9 hours ago, Rhys said:

..stick a potato up the exhaust.... push it all the way down in the pipe.

its impossible as so so many bikes are so so loud these days,dont kids use a baseball card and a cloths pin on their spokes any more.ha..I have lived in several countrys and I have yet to see a male culture so needy for attention..thai males cant even sneeze without demanding attention''liiterally''.these males remind me of several species in the animal kingdom, that in order to compete with other males they must be louder or more colorful ,all puffed up strutting around...kaka...AMUSING THAILAND......merry Christmas...

13 hours ago, sirmud63 said:

yep, give them somewhere to go do it legaly, problem solved.

Someplace legal to modify the exhaust of a Honda wave so it sounds like a garbage truck? Yep, and a place for all those modified loud as crap 10 wheel trucks with no baffling, not to mention the poop for brains overloaded pick up truck drivers with black smoke billowing out the rear.. Problem solved.