If you can have one wish for Thailand in 2018 what would it be.

KhunMhee

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 10:35 PM, tryasimight said:

Thai government to heavily subsidise,  or make free,  one way tickets to the home country for all the whining farangs who seem to despise Thailand,  the Thai people,  their culture and everything about the place generally. 

Agree 100%. Plenty on TVF and in particular one poster on this thread.

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 3:11 PM, lovelomsak said:

I would wish some one would import good quality electric space heaters for the cold season. Would be nice to heat some rooms in the house during cols season

LOL. I just thought it nice not to have to use the AC or fan for a while. Never needed more than the usual t shirt. 

Sadly, your wish is already being implemented ... getting a d/l is much harder. The problem with Thailand isn't the laws, but rather the enforcement (or lack of).

My wish would be good for all, and that is to legalise recreational weed and push the hemp industry. The farmers (and gov) would have more money than they know what to do with, and suddenly Thailand would become the number 1 tourist destination.

You could then get rid of half the Thais who are in jail for weed offences, leaving more room for the meth people.

Of course, my wish will not come to fruition - at least not in my lifetime .....

Cleaner cities, roads, countryside, etc. achieved by having more rubbish bins which are emptied BEFORE they overflow with rubbish... 

Less plastic straws and bags littering the place. 

6 hours ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

Empty the jails and refill with forest burners and bent cops.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

EH? So serial rapists should walk for people who burn trees? Might wanna re think that one.

On 1/3/2018 at 7:50 PM, rickudon said:

Automatic inclusion in the Thai 30 baht health scheme with any one year visa extension (even if the extension cost twice as much).

You mean the 30 baht health theme that is designed to protect the poor Thais?

Take your country back would be my wish for Thailand

I think they could even do it peacefully as they so outnumber those that stole their country from them.

I always said Thailand needed a Hero

Recently they had one in Toon doing his run for charity

Seeing how people turned out to support him shows how much Thai's want a hero these days

For true democracy to return to Thailand with the Thai people united to take back their country from those who stole it "for their own good".

Bit like the unelected EU are trying to steal all of Europe!

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/3/2018 at 1:35 PM, KMartinHandyman said:

I wish expats would stop trying to hypothetically fix Thailand on message boards.

I've started taking action by forming a Thai company that will teach Thai children English online with native English speakers. I think this is the best way to circumvent the system.

We've built our own curriculum with over 400 classes, developed a comprehensive website and have a large group of qualified teachers that are ready to start making a change here. It has to start somewhere, and you're right, sitting on TV posting about change doesn't help anyone. Here's to actually improving Thailand.

• Like 2