Watches belonged to a ‘third party’: graft commissioner

snoop1130

Watches belonged to a ‘third party’: graft commissioner

By The Nation

303e372bdbaa92141c67762e9dbb8c09.jpeg

The National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) on Thursday said luxury watches possessed by Deputy PM General Prawit Wongsuwan belonged to “a third party”.

NACC commissioner Preecha Lertkamolmas said the NACC meeting was told that Prawit had already submitted a letter explaining the origins of the watches.

Asked whether the letter had detailed the watches and the third party, Preecha said it is as reported in the news. 

Preecha declined to confirm that they had belonged to a “friend” as referred to in media reports. The NACC would hold a press conference today, he said.

Photos of Prawit wearing several luxurious watches on different occasions went viral on social media beginning over two weeks ago. The controversy began after he was spotted December 4 wearing what appeared to be a silver-and-black Richard Mille watch and diamond ring during a group photo with the reshuffled Cabinet at Government House. 

While the items appear to be worth millions of baht, he failed to disclose them to the NACC in his assets disclosure as required.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30335416

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-1-4

So all is well that ends well. The country can sleep peacefully tonight knowing that the Deputy PM is a honest person who only has their well being at heart. Media just made a mountain out of a mole hill. Carry on your good work Khun Prawit!

Phew. I can sleep easy tonight knowing that the NACC is a superb, strong, unbiased organization and corruption ended when those nasty, nasty reds were overthrown by the ‘good people’ who only have the interests of Thailand in their heart.

Well done to everyone involved. Bravo.

Ladies and gentlemen, the phrase 'I have never read such unadulterated sh!t in all my life' is too easily used. However if you take a look at recent threads regarding the junta, what else can one say?

I'm a spotless 'third party', and very much alive today, so could I please get my 12 luxury watches back from you, please, Mr Prawit, be sure I will tell the story which will suit you best to everyone. Thank you. You can contact me via TV. Read from you soon then? LOL

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

in your entire life, have you ever borrowed a watch from anyone?

have you ever heard of anyone borrowing a watch from someone to wear?

You mean like this: "Hi! You have a nice watch. Can you lend it to me for a year or two?" :cheesy:

I guess all his friends try to avoid him for fear he would borrow their watch! :cheesy:

Edited by candide

Watches belong to a 3rd party huh....what a load of freshly laid stinking and steaming pile of BS. They must think everyone is stupid...well, guess they are military generals so they are used to it from whence they came. May the farce be with you Prawit.

3 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

luxury watches possessed by Deputy PM General Prawit Wongsuwan belonged to “a third party”.

They should have made it complete by adding " That can not be named ", because what will happen when people start asking for a name?

10 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

in your entire life, have you ever borrowed a watch from anyone?

have you ever heard of anyone borrowing a watch from someone to wear?

Let me jump on to that with a small background story and my experience.

Back in my home country, while I still had a good-paying job in the financial sector, i spent quite some time on a particular watch brand. 

As many might not know, there are tons of watch-forums where people discuss the brands, models, history of the watches, etc. This is often connected to certain lifestyle products (expensive shoes, bespoke clothes, cars, etc). I was active on sites in my native language and English ones.

On these sites people also organize "get-togethers" where they either reserve a restaurant or a watch shop where 10-40 people come together and bring their collection. You then show your collection to the others, talk about it, take pictures, and just eat and have a ton of fun. It is pretty normal that some people bring a complete collection of watches worth well over $500.000 (which is why it is organized at a watch shop with proper security or a complete restaurant is booked to not tempt other guests).

One thing always stands out at these meetings: you never hand over your watch and lose it out of sight!

Even people who bring 30 watches hand them out one by one to the person they are talking to, and that person hands it directly back instead of handing it around.

Problem with watches is that they can scratch.

Scratches are part of life and bring character to your watch (you will never polish them when being serviced), as long as you are the one making the scratches.

The more expensive the watch, the more likely they are to scratch (tool watch vs white gold shiny watch).

At no point, in no way, would anyone lend out their watch to someone else and lose it out of sight.

They would not lend it out for an hour, not for a day, and absolutely never several days (overnight).

This is the same with every watch collector, it is something you just never do (as it bring liabilities with scratches).

So for him to say that his friend (or friends) who are watch collectors lend these out to him is in my view absolutely bogus and totally unheard-of.

14 hours ago, daboyz1 said:

I wonder if this 3rd party will want their watches back? Would be funny if they said give them back.

I  was wondering if he was counting his wife as a 3rd party  Chances of them saying that to him  to give them back would be zero  Dont forget  he is " Do you know who i am" Man and he is right  The NACC is owned by him