Expect more pedophile arrests in 2018, says TICAC chief after FBI agreement

webfact

Expect more pedophile arrests in 2018, says TICAC chief after FBI agreement

3pm.jpg

Picture: INN

The head of Thailand's efforts to bring pedophiles preying on children through the internet to justice has said that more cases will be cleared up this year after further agreements with the FBI in America.

Thailand Internet Crimes Against Children chief Thammasak Witcharaya told the Thai media yesterday that 24 cases were resolved in 2016 and 43 last year.

He hopes this to rise further as information sharing and other agreements have been made with the Federal Bureau of Investigation, reported INN.

In excess of 200 hundred cases remain unresolved over the last three years and Thammasak and his team hope to see many of these result in arrests and prosecution this year as the Thais continue to seek out those people preying on children.

Source: INN

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-01-12

41 minutes ago, hansnl said:

May one wonder when the agencies will go after the suppliers?

Of course it is much easier to go after the end users.

I am not sure if it is easier, but the "suppliers" are Thais. Thais do not commit crimes like this.....

3 hours ago, hansnl said:

May one wonder when the agencies will go after the suppliers?

Of course it is much easier to go after the end users.

If you have any further information on these suppliers go directly to the authorities.  Don't waste any more time on here.  Go now!! 

The customers are targetted rather than the suppliers because they are the source of the funding. No money, no market, no production.

That’s why Western police target customers of prostitutes now, rather than the prostitutes themselves. Every one you catch puts fear into ten more, not that I agree in case of prostitution or drugs, where regulation and protection is better than prohibition.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The head of Thailand's efforts to bring pedophiles preying on children through the internet to justice has said that more cases will be cleared up this year after further agreements with the FBI in America.

Will this be an effort to catch paedophiles of all nationalities?

Edited by Bluespunk

Do not rely only on the internet Guys

Thais are selling these children blatantly on the streets.

Get out among the people in mufti ,,, catch them & put them away,,,,,

For any of you sick people out there who are using children for your own selfish 

gratification do not let me catch you as I will cut your balls off

1 hour ago, Classic Ray said:

The customers are targetted rather than the suppliers because they are the source of the funding. No money, no market, no production.

That’s why Western police target customers of prostitutes now, rather than the prostitutes themselves. Every one you catch puts fear into ten more, not that I agree in case of prostitution or drugs, where regulation and protection is better than prohibition.

You may be right. However, in Thailand, the most likely reason why suppliers are not targetted is that they may be a source of funding for someone else...

34 minutes ago, Raymonddiaz said:

most pedophiles living in Thailand are white westerners. If the RTP catches them all Thailand will be safer.

You can’t seriously believe that most paedophiles here are foreigners. 

Edited by Bluespunk

36 minutes ago, Raymonddiaz said:

most pedophiles living in Thailand are white westerners. If the RTP catches them all Thailand will be safer.

Nonsense

Thailand has70 million people, say 32 million men.

I dare to bet there will be more pedos in that group as in the non-Thai expat/tourist group, which is much smaller, and in the case of tourists spending only a short time in Thailand.

I really think you have wrong ideas, besides, who probably are the suppliers of this filth?

Maybe you are not up to scratch about the news in Thailand

13 minutes ago, toughlove said:

Due diligence son. And to add fuel to the fire you really think a mum wouldn't know where her 5 year old was?

$$$ sad but true

I’m not your son. 

The rest of your post is lost on me. 

Edited by Bluespunk

4 hours ago, tryasimight said:

If you have any further information on these suppliers go directly to the authorities.  Don't waste any more time on here.  Go now!! 

Wouldn't be too difficult would it?

If they catch 1 pedo, they have a multiple of victims, so also a multiple of suppliers and they just have to ask the child's name and where he lives.

Yes, please, do arrest pedophiles, and no bail please, but, but... also arrest some of the 'influential' Thai 'providers' of kids, ...and the usual BiB suspects running/protecting the disgusting (alas, BIG) business? ...I guess not.

1 hour ago, Raymonddiaz said:

Put that strip of tape back on your mouth, you, alas, seem to know nothing about the subject.

This is about foreigners in Thailand , not Thais , we do know they have a domestic problem as well , and incest going on in families etc.   

But it will be a great start to deport all the paedos from this country .  And punish them really really hard.