NACC ‘can’t suspend’ Prawit over luxury watches

webfact

Corruption replaces corruption.  It's like a Merry-Go-Round.  Occasionally it stops, people either get off or are kicked off, and a new group climbs aboard, and around in circles it goes.  Nothing changes but the faces - still the same Merry-Go-Round.  :thumbsup:

Edited by connda

3 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

Cm'on Prawit, take one for the team..., hmm? What you say?

Prawit:  5a5d500401066_weeping-smiley(Custom).png.0b96e145340a0c254bbe93413d2935d1.png  "Mai roo!"

If they want to keep some credibility Prawit has to take one for the team.. but they all feel so entitled that the chance of it happening is almost zero. When is the last time you saw anyone of a ruling goverment here in Thailand get caught for corruption during the time that goverment was in power ?

So far I have never seen it but been only here 10 years and I might have missed something. But i really cant recall anyone of a goverment ever being taken down while that government was in power. 

Would be nice if Prawit was the first and it would start a trend. 

43 minutes ago, robblok said:

If they want to keep some credibility Prawit has to take one for the team.. but they all feel so entitled that the chance of it happening is almost zero. When is the last time you saw anyone of a ruling goverment here in Thailand get caught for corruption during the time that goverment was in power ?

So far I have never seen it but been only here 10 years and I might have missed something. But i really cant recall anyone of a goverment ever being taken down while that government was in power. 

Would be nice if Prawit was the first and it would start a trend. 

Not "corruption" but I seem to recall that YL was dismissed from her post by the Constitutional Court, for attempting to choose her own National Security Chief.

And, wasn't Samak dismissed for taking part in a TV cookery show?

3 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

Not "corruption" but I seem to recall that YL was dismissed from her post by the Constitutional Court, for attempting to choose her own National Security Chief.

And, wasn't Samak dismissed for taking part in a TV cookery show?

I believe.. and correct me if I am wrong that YL was no longer in power when this happened. Samak no idea.. i recently (today) read about some junta ministers too that stepped down 2 after they got in hot water. I must have missed those. But i read about them in a article today in BP.

Names were Witthaya Kaewparadai and Witoon Nambutr. One was the public health minister and the other the human security minister. (they both stepped down after abusing their authority) also not exactly corruption and I missed. So it does seem to happen once in a while.. lets hope Prawit gets taken down. 

21 hours ago, worgeordie said:

If they really dug into to this ,they would find Watches are just

the tip of the iceberg,they and everyone else knows this.

regards Worgeordie

Well said - according to figures from BKK Post, his personal wealth has gone up by 30 million in six years whilst his annual salary is less than 200K.

22 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Dog and Pony Show. The Army runs the NACC by proxy and this case proves it for everyone to see.

Unfortunately Thailand has gone from having a corrupt government ruling under a Democracy to a corrupt government ruling through the barrel of a gun. No elections, no political gatherings (unless you're one of the good people) and greatly reduced freedom of speech.

So essentially the positive elements of a Democracy have gone while the dark elements e.g corruption remain as strong as ever. Hope the Junta Huggers are enjoying their brave new world. 

Whoever is in charge can control the NACC....not just the military.  Prawit has been caught with his pants down now everyone is fretting. This issue is going nowhere. 

23 hours ago, candide said:

In short: we are busy burying the case.

I could have sworn that the NACC had earlier stated that they would give answers by the 15th... lol... I cant remember which date or year.

but sure.. it’s not up to them to suspend Prawit... it’s up to the big P to do, following the NACC report, if corruption is proved.

? would refusing to suspend a corrupt politician, be an act of corruption on the prime ministers part... or just dereliction?

?? not pursuing the shins makes more sense... they may become neighbors

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

Well said - according to figures from BKK Post, his personal wealth has gone up by 30 million in six years whilst his annual salary is less than 200K.

Almost certainly he has acquired "unusual wealth".

However - I'm sure his salary is more than 200,000 Baht a year (17,000 /month) - Did you mean 200,000 per month.

1 hour ago, robblok said:

I believe.. and correct me if I am wrong that YL was no longer in power when this happened. Samak no idea.. i recently (today) read about some junta ministers too that stepped down 2 after they got in hot water. I must have missed those. But i read about them in a article today in BP.

Names were Witthaya Kaewparadai and Witoon Nambutr. One was the public health minister and the other the human security minister. (they both stepped down after abusing their authority) also not exactly corruption and I missed. So it does seem to happen once in a while.. lets hope Prawit gets taken down. 

The courts stepped in and removed her from power for transferring the national security advisor.

yep.... the head of the government can’t choose their own advisors.... democracy in action

4FD7FCE0-F8A3-49A0-AAED-62C7102897C4.jpeg

14 minutes ago, DavisH said:

Whoever is in charge can control the NACC....not just the military.  Prawit has been caught with his pants down now everyone is fretting. This issue is going nowhere. 

The NACC is not controlled by governments, I.e. the YL government has never controlled the NACC. Its members, as well as in the other agencies, owe gratitude and allegiance to the network who appointed them. They are not appointed by governments (the Junta being an exception), they are appointed by committees composed of other appointed people, i.e. from other agencies or courts. It's a self-perpetuating network.

So the political colour of the initial appointees determines the colour of the ones who will replace them after they retire. That's why the Junta wants to reset members of most agencies: They will benefit from having Junta-friendly members in agencies not only during their term of office, but also after.

1 hour ago, robblok said:

I believe.. and correct me if I am wrong that YL was no longer in power when this happened. Samak no idea..

YL was caretaker PM. Samak was PM.

Both were dismissed from office by the Constitutional Court.

Later PM Somchai Wongsawat was effectively removed from office when the Constitutional Court dissolved the PPP.

14 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

YL was caretaker PM. Samak was PM.

Both were dismissed from office by the Constitutional Court.

Later PM Somchai Wongsawat was effectively removed from office when the Constitutional Court dissolved the PPP.

I was actually more looking for people who were removed by their OWN government for wrongdoings. Not by the other agencies. But your 100% right in what you wrote down.