SURVEY: Should marijuana be legalized in Thailand?

Scott

SURVEY: Should marijuana be legalized in Thailand?  

299 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There have been some recent topics on the possibility of medical marijuana dispensaries being allowed.   Which of the following best describes your opinion on the legalization of marijuana?

Please feel free to leave a comment.

8 minutes ago, ChidlomDweller said:

In theory yes, but being pragmatic, no.  Don't want having to deal with the inevitable second-hand smoke, and we all know how considerate and self-justifying addicts are.  In most condos you would be certain to stink up the corridors and neighboring apartments.  Same in public areas where smoking is allowed.  At least by keeping it illegal but not actively prosecuting it (most Western countries), you force dope heads to do it far out of other people's range.

What an exciting life you must live.....do you get strong urges when on hi rise balconies:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

No problem with recreational use except I have many friends that are long term users and each one is paranoid in some way. Fortunately not dangerous but a pain in the A when they carry on. Much the same with alcoholics and drunks and I have to put up with them too, as they with I when drinking too much.

• Thanks 1

They should start by legalising CBD (Cannabidiol, aka hemp oil), since there are no religious issues with it, or problems with people becoming intoxicated (or paranoid!). CBD is becoming a near-miracle treatment for seizures and other disorders. Thai farmers could grow it easily for domestic or export markets, making themselves and the country a lot of money. There is really no reason for it to need a prescription from a doctor, but they could start like that as a trial.

I don't know whether regular marijuana has any benefits that CBD doesn't. If it does, it should be available from hospitals. As for recreational use, I think there would be objections from the same orthodox Buddhists who object to alcohol and gambling.

• Like 2