Actor Michael Douglas accused of sexual misconduct in 1980s

rooster59

Crazy world:
50 years ago I refused to allow someone to sleep in my bed,
let alone have something of a sexual nature with her. 
I worry now that I am at risk of being accused of morally torturing a woman and mentally molesting her sexually?

2 hours ago, sanemax said:
10 hours ago, rooster59 said:

"He slid down to the floor, unbuckled his belt and put his hands inside his trousers," Braudy told NBC News. "And I could see what he was doing and then he began to fondle himself and I was very scared."

of course she was scared, so she did not report it to Police.
Logical !
I would also be scared, even to die on the spot BUT in a fit of laughter about this silly stupid man showing that his brain fits in his second head

Edited by KKr

When i was younger working in the UK a girl kept accusing me of sexually touching her. Her best friends advice was "stop going out with him then .lol sorry jus fed up with these women going to the papers 30 years later just for a bit of "me to"

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

16 hours ago, catman20 said:

yes this whole thing is one big joke ,  these cases should have a statue of limitation say 10 years or less.

if you said to me 18 years ago when i came to Thailand i fondled a young ladies breast or something like that i would not have a clue if it were true or false. i cant remember what i did last month.

....except when telling all the guys in the bar.

19 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Show me some proof. An allegation is just that. If you do not have proof, you should be subject to a libel suit. It is just too easy for a woman to make a claim like this. I am not saying it does not happen. But, there needs to be some burden placed upon the accuser.

The idea of sexual harassment in the US, has passed all reasonable boundaries. When Matt Damon recently came out and stated that there was a big difference between a little pat on the butt, and forceful rape, he was nearly crucified by some women in Hollywood, (especially the shrill, elderly, and way, way, way past the sell by date) Minnie Driver. That alone demonstrated to the most reasonable mind, how far out of control this "war on men" has gone. It is beyond ridiculous. It is petty, silly, surly, and just plain old dumb. Not to say there are not men who deserve it. But, a pat on the butt, or a man putting his hand on a woman's thigh, when they are engaged in a friendly conversation is NOT the same as rape and does not constitute sexual harassment. And yes, I would feel the same way if it happened to my daughter. Give me a break. This whole situation is stupid. American men have been emasculated already. Now, it is getting so extreme, pretty soon it might be illegal to even possess a male organ in the US. 

So, I propose this. When a woman accuses a man of "sexual harassment" the burden of proof lies on her. She has to demonstrate some evidence. Otherwise, it is he said, she said. And in the US, she said always wins out. 

It is the utter embodiment of a nation that has lost it's footing, has really never found it's identity, and has a population of women, 90% of whom, have no ability, willingness, wherewithal, or desire to connect with, manifest, or embody their inner woman, or express femininity for anything other than personal gain. The US is  on the decline, and has been for the past 30-40 years. It is the Western Roman Empire, in the late 5th century AD, prior to Odoacer marching on Rome. 

I'm guessing I should be called a relic based on your referring to a fine actress  of 47 years  as elderly.

Are emotions clouding your judgment?

(especially the shrill, elderly, and way, way, way past the sell by date) Minnie Driver.

Amelia Fiona Driver
31 January 1970 (age 47)
Marylebone, London, England

16 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

I'm guessing I should be called a relic based on your referring to a fine actress  of 47 years  as elderly.

Are emotions clouding your judgment?

(especially the shrill, elderly, and way, way, way past the sell by date) Minnie Driver.

Amelia Fiona Driver
31 January 1970 (age 47)
Marylebone, London, England

Ah, such a fine, fine actress that I can't remember a single movie she was in.

While 47 is indeed not elderly, perhaps she just comes across as being old.

Meanwhile back on the topic of women jumping on bandwagons that attack men that may, or may not have actually done something untoward many, many years ago to a person of the female gender, that kept shtum till the previously mentioned bandwagon turns up..................................

Edited by thaibeachlovers

A M E R I C A N S are so disgusting to wash dirty laundry after decades!

Cowards to not act immediately when it happens!

I am sick and tired of this "sexual A M E R I C A N" gossiping and destroying respected Artists!

Immature this is!

1 hour ago, Pesche said:

A M E R I C A N S are so disgusting to wash dirty laundry after decades!

Cowards to not act immediately when it happens!

I am sick and tired of this "sexual A M E R I C A N" gossiping and destroying respected Artists!

Immature this is!

Would you prefer to discuss Alfred Hitchcock and wave the British flag?

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Ah, such a fine, fine actress that I can't remember a single movie she was in.

While 47 is indeed not elderly, perhaps she just comes across as being old.

Meanwhile back on the topic of women jumping on bandwagons that attack men that may, or may not have actually done something untoward many, many years ago to a person of the female gender, that kept shtum till the previously mentioned bandwagon turns up..................................

Good Will Hunting. And you get the Golden Globe for Catty Remarks.

47 minutes ago, balo said:

I'm pretty sure his dad Kirk Douglas could also be accused of sexual misconduct if the women were still alive today ......  

How about that fine clan of Democrats- the Kennedys?

Sleeping with women sleeping with gangsters at the same time, leaving women to die after a car accident, chasing any available woman. 

Then, of course that other fine Democrat who liked to do things with cigars.

I'm sure just about any man from that era could be accused of something untoward by today's standards.

45 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

How about that fine clan of Democrats- the Kennedys?

Sleeping with women sleeping with gangsters at the same time, leaving women to die after a car accident, chasing any available woman. 

Then, of course that other fine Democrat who liked to do things with cigars.

I'm sure just about any man from that era could be accused of something untoward by today's standards.

'Untoward' is not an offence. Harrassment is. The border may get blurry, but that is no excuse.

Edited by SheungWan

I got a question:

is it anyone's right to not be confronted with ANYTHING remotely sexual ?

because in the OP, MD apparently neither exposed himself nor was he threatening. this movement, which started at sexual abuse, is drifting towards the idea that unwanted exposure to sexual thoughts/speech is illegal.

3 hours ago, Basil B said:

Never did like the guy when he married the woman I had been idealising for years...

Yes she was a beauty and still is. 

And that picture made me remember how much I loved watching The Darling Buds of May back in the 90's.   Her talent was already then remarkable. 

Edited by balo

Just now, balo said:

Yes she was a beauty and still is. 

And that picture made me remember how much I loved watching The Darling Buds of May,  Her talent was already then remarkable. 

Yes, she broke many hearts...

There is a family story, that is my family, many years ago my nephew had cancer and was taken on a holiday to America by a children's charity, he was staying at the ranch next door to the Douglas's and Catherine would often pop round, said she was very nice person.