Chao Praya River promenade project proceeds despite protests

webfact

Chao Praya River promenade project proceeds despite protests

By Jakrawan Salaytoo 
The Nation

8050d827e5ba8042f58509338fea8721.jpeg

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) has already called e-auctions for construction of the controversial Chao Phraya Riverside Promenade project.

Bangkok Governor Aswin Kwanmuang disclosed Monday that the online auctions were now ongoing and successful bidders would be named by March. 

Aswin said the e-auctions were for the first phase only, which would cover a 14-kilometre stretch from King Rama VII Bridge to the Somdet Phra Pinklao Bridge. 

He said the BMA has asked the Interior Ministry to seek a construction budget from the Cabinet. The project is going ahead despite strong protests from environmentalists. 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30336861

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-01-22

I can already envisage a concrete monstrosity that has 0.1% of people using it as intended. The thais don't like to be out in the <deleted> sunshine. What are they thinking? A boat load of farang will come along and jog all day... LOL There's going to be chawawa shit everywhere. 

2 hours ago, DDBKK said:

I can already envisage a concrete monstrosity that has 0.1% of people using it as intended. The thais don't like to be out in the <deleted> sunshine. What are they thinking? A boat load of farang will come along and jog all day... LOL There's going to be chawawa shit everywhere. 

But as weed will be legalized soon, I think it will be a nice place to enjoy !

10 minutes ago, FashionExport said:

But as weed will be legalized soon, I think it will be a nice place to enjoy !

Define 'soon'. Personally I don't think it will happen. Maybe, only just maybe decriminalised but legalised, I doubt it.

13 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

Define 'soon'. Personally I don't think it will happen. Maybe, only just maybe decriminalised but legalised, I doubt it.

Did the gumment not just announce 5000rai of 'approved' dope growing? A clue here perhaps?

4 hours ago, DDBKK said:

Have to agree there, it will be a ghost town during the day. But around 5pm you can expect thousands of joggers, kids, zumba-oldies, and food vendors there. 

Bangkok needs more open spaces with green, hope they will not turn this in a 1 meter walkway and the rest concrete shopping places.

I look forward to it being done and relaxing at the river side. If done well it might become an attraction by itself.