Video: Absolutely crazy as air hostess taxi passenger severely injured by loony driver

webfact

Video: Absolutely crazy as air hostess taxi passenger severely injured by loony driver

8pm.jpg

Picture: Siam Stations

A dash cam video from traffic outbound on Viphavadee - Rangsit highway in Bangkok showed a driver in a black car weaving in and out of rush hour traffic this morning.

A car tries to take evasive action as the maniac cuts in front. This causes a collision with a taxi that rolls over many times.

An air hostess who was a passenger in the taxi was severely injured.

The footage was posted by the driver of the orange colored car in the middle who was given the footage by a car following behind that stopped well within time.

"Sakda Kaewbuadee Vaysse" said on Facebook: I nearly died. I had to swerve and hit the taxi".

Police are investigating.

No report was available on the condition of the female injured in the accident that happened at 8.05 am this morning, Tuesday, near the area of the temple of Wat Samian Naree heading towards Rangsit.

Source: Siam Stations

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-01-23

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched this video earlier today and thought.... Brake Failure...  the 'loony black car' is speeding through traffic like a crazed-amphetamine-caffinated-maniac...  you can see their brake lights but little slowing down.... 

But of course, this isn't brake failure, this is simply a real life crazed-maniac (who is likely to be amphetamine-caffinated) racing through traffic.

IMO driving like this is attempted murder and should be dealt with as so.

After showing such deliberate disregard for the safety of anyone the driver needs to be taken off the streets - IMO he should be removed from society before he kills anyone.

If nothing is done to prevent this driver from his further inevitable dangerous actions he will kill someone. 

3 hours ago, Totster said:

From what I can see the orange car was actually nudged into the taxi, not as a result of evasive action.

totster :)

agreed! the driver of the orange (looks red) got hit from the right and reacted by swerving to the left.

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

After showing such deliberate disregard for the safety of anyone the driver needs to be taken off the streets - IMO he should be removed from society before he kills anyone.

If nothing is done to prevent this driver from his further inevitable dangerous actions he will kill someone. 

don't hold your breath. mad driving is almost the norm here, sad to say. even sadder is that nothing extreme will happen to the culprit. TIT.

I watched it in slomo and I could not say there was a hit.

The car started to break and move to the left.

The inside car also braked and turned too sharply to the left and it flipped.

All this mayhem was created by the speeding car.

Hope the young lady passenger is not badly hurt.

Where is the machete, if you need one?!? 

In this case I definitely approve of some public lynching/punishing to the driver of the black Honda. What would have been the outcome if ANY motorbike were in the same position as red car or just in the vicinity of that idiot??? (I ride small and big bike...)

Reckless driving for starters... (speed, position on road, tailgating, and there more charges, for sure)

Probably 500B indeed, slap on the wrist, couple of wai's here and there, visit the air hostess in the hospital with flowers (and photo opportunity). Justice?!?

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I watched this video earlier today and thought.... Brake Failure...  the 'loony black car' is speeding through traffic like a crazed-amphetamine-caffinated-maniac...  you can see their brake lights but little slowing down.... 

But of course, this isn't brake failure, this is simply a real life crazed-maniac (who is likely to be amphetamine-caffinated) racing through traffic.

We don't see the driver of the black car do we? Complete coward and utter moron. I wonder how many people had to take evasive action before he put himself in the frame here and tried to squeeze through the gap that was too small?

Let's not be apologists for these kinds of people but where in the world are they charged with murder or manslaughter as a result of such driving? I know where I come from some of these drivers do not spend any time in prison: they are banned from driving maybe and that might be it.

As the wise man said, they should shoot him and throw away the key.

13 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Proof is in the pudding mate.

If you are right then the death toll and the accident rate in Thailand is not understated by a factor of a few thousand, just about everyone who ever goes anywhere near a road here would die.

Be honest and admit that some drivers, viz the one in this video, are in need of a life ban at the very least. Let's admit, as we have done many times before, that a very large proportion of motorcyclists here are their own worst enemy and the enemy of decent road users.

Be honest, too; and admit that the vast majority of cars are driven reasonably all over Thailand all of the time. Take a look at any car taken at random and count the dents and scratches and ask about accident repairs. Let us know how many you find.

Don't take a sample of one and extrapolate to the whole population of Thai drivers. There are bad and dangerous drivers here, no doubt.

5 minutes ago, todlad said:

We don't see the driver of the black car do we? Complete coward and utter moron. I wonder how many people had to take evasive action before he put himself in the frame here and tried to squeeze through the gap that was too small?

Let's not be apologists for these kinds of people but where in the world are they charged with murder or manslaughter as a result of such driving? I know where I come from some of these drivers do not spend any time in prison: they are banned from driving maybe and that might be it.

As the wise man said, they should shoot him and throw away the key.

Maybe he was drunk. Maybe his wife was having a baby, who knows? Coward? Total speculation.

Just now, MrPatrickThai said:

Maybe he was drunk. Maybe his wife was having a baby, who knows? Coward? Total speculation.

Why did you say that? Senseless.

My point was that he was possibly hiding in his car because of what he had done and that is why I called him a coward.

Not saying this was the case, but last year my one year old started having serious breathing issues, and was going in and out of consciousness. 

I drove very fast and in and out of traffic to get to the hospital quickly. So sometimes it can be necessary to drive like this.