SURVEY: Do you want Trump to finish his first term?

Scott

SURVEY: Do you WANT Trump to finish his first term?  

479 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, bushdoctor said:

Do you really care about the first amendment? If so I think you have to ageee that what Maxine Waters and the left are doing is crapping on the first amendment, like I pointed out in my post. If not I think it’s just more angry Trump bashing. 

Maxine Waters has gone on record speaking nonsense, but not nearly to the degree of Trump.  If you think she is crapping on the first amendment, you must agree that Trump is dumping a truckload of manure on it.

• Like 1

Maxine Waters has gone on record speaking nonsense, but not nearly to the degree of Trump.  If you think she is crapping on the first amendment, you must agree that Trump is dumping a truckload of manure on it.
To add Ms. Waters does not represent the democratic party nor is she running for president. She does represent her district.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2

On 7/2/2018 at 7:00 PM, Opl said:

MSNBC makes hilarious commercial to sell fake ‘Trump’s Greatest Words’ CD of phrases Trump repeats"

"the clips of some of the president’s favorite words are part of “a comprehensive 143 disc set. Like most things for sale on television, the fake ad then encouraged viewers to call soon and they’d throw in two bonus CDs and one of Trump’s sound effects, such as, “bing, bing,” and “bong.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/07/msnbc-makes-hilarious-commercial-sell-fake-trumps-greatest-words-cd-phrases-trump-repeats/

MSNBC is a news station isn't it?

On 7/2/2018 at 7:46 PM, Andaman Al said:

Do you seriously think that Mueller or the DOJ will allow Trump to "resign' and be pardoned? The only way to heal America from this cancer is to expose to Trumps base what a true badass he is and how they have been conned in to following a traitor to the USA. Mueller and his team are going to bury Trump and his family without trace and that will take some time and some engineering.

After the Benghazi investigation had been going a year why did you republicans not all shout "if you have no evidence now then stop the investigation"? Oh no, you had the investigation go on for TWO AND A HALF years - with not one charge or indictment. Was that Trey Gowdy letting HRC 'off the hook"? The Mueller investigation has 13 indictments , many guilty plea's and we have not even got to the serious bit. Just hang on and your desire to see charges will be overwhelmingly satisfied.

I understand your reasoning but I think you're wrong. It is much easier and better for the country IMO to give a way out. Sure, list indictment after indictment towards POTUS, if applicable, if you can bring them; but in the end there has to be a release mechanism. A resignation, a pardon.

As president,  Trump's main crime (not prosecutable) is that he is erratic and willing to break from customary US alliances.  I don't see that as impeachable.

What's funny is; the US presidency has very little power with respect to the other 2 branches of government. But what power it does have, Trump has been able to wield in a very strong way.  Why are none of these topics about what Congress is or is not doing?

On 1/28/2018 at 12:59 PM, Jingthing said:

Yes, that is a problem but aside from his religious fanaticism, he appears grounded in basic sanity. Better him with the authority to launch nukes than unhinged trump. Also, I can't see Pence being elected in 2020. He has no charisma at all, he wasn't even going to win a new term in Indiana. I don't think people really will want to look at such a stiff straight Anderson Cooper for very long. 

I'm willing to bet my nuts young Michael is as gay as a bouquet of daisies. 

The only party he should be aligned with is his own coming out party. 

Have you ever seen images of him in his 'cupcake cute' casual outfits? ?

10 minutes ago, Small Joke said:

I'm willing to bet my nuts young Michael is as gay as a bouquet of daisies. 

The only party he should be aligned with is his own coming out party. 

Have you ever seen images of him in his 'cupcake cute' casual outfits? ?

Well on the surface he's a homophobe. It seems there's a high correlation between homophobic behavior stemming from self hatred because of one's sexual orientation in that direction. Not that I'm saying this is necessarily the case with you.

Just now, bristolboy said:

Well on the surface he's a homophobe. It seems there's a high correlation between homophobic behavior stemming from self hatred because of one's sexual orientation in that direction. Not that I'm saying this is necessarily the case with you.

What in my post is Homophobic?

I'm perfectly comfortable with myself not being entirely straight, but generally prefer my women to be fully female. Hence my post outing Mickey. I definitely agree that homophobia has it's roots in unexplored/unwanted truths about ones own sexuality. I didn't mean for my post to be interpreted as homophobic. But at least I've set you... straight.  ?

23 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Real Americans like democracy.

Real Americans think our best friends should be fellow democracies, not dictator led countries.

I agree with that. 

If that is the case, why is it that our chief trading partner (best friend) is not a democracy, but a country led by a dictator, that incarcerates people for "thought crimes" and  monitors their "social credit" to reward or penalize their citizens as they see fit depending on their personal choices, interests, sympathies.? Where are all the "Real Americans"?  Are they all checking their IRA's and 401 K's rather than thinking what might be best for their nation, rather than themselves?

1 minute ago, Small Joke said:

What in my post is Homophobic?

I'm perfectly comfortable with myself not being entirely straight, but generally prefer my women to be fully female. Hence my post outing Mickey. I definitely agree that homophobia has it's roots in unexplored/unwanted truths about ones own sexuality. I didn't mean for my post to be interpreted as homophobic. But at least I've set you... straight.  ?

What has Pence's sexual orientation got to do with this thread.

And you think this isn't homophobic?

"I'm willing to bet my nuts young Michael is as gay as a bouquet of daisies. "

or this:

"The only party he should be aligned with is his own coming out party. "

3 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

I agree with that. 

If that is the case, why is it that our chief trading partner (best friend) is not a democracy, but a country led by a dictator, that incarcerates people for "thought crimes" and  monitors their "social credit" to reward or penalize their citizens as they see fit depending on their personal choices, interests, sympathies.? Where are all the "Real Americans"?  Are they all checking their IRA's and 401 K's rather than thinking what might be best for their nation, rather than themselves?

"chief trading partner" = "best friend'? 

But if you think our best friends are democracies, then why the casual attitude towards Trump's abuse of them?

8 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

I agree with that. 

Do you really believe that most Americans have substantial IRA accounts and 401K's? How much Republican Kool-Aid have you swallowed?

4 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

"chief trading partner" = "best friend'? 

But if you think our best friends are democracies, then why the casual attitude towards Trump's abuse of them?

I dont agree with almost everything Trump does, but I do acknowledge that he's very good at pinpointing all of our previous policy failures. That's not to say, his remedies are any better.

To answer your question, in trade, no one is our friend, including our friends.

2 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

I dont agree with almost everything Trump does, but I do acknowledge that he's very good at pinpointing all of our previous policy failures. That's not to say, his remedies are any better.

To answer your question, in trade, no one is our friend, including our friends.

Now you're contradicting yourself...

"If that is the case, why is it that our chief trading partner (best friend) is not a democracy, but a country led by a dictator,.."

13 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

What has Pence's sexual orientation got to do with this thread.

And you think this isn't homophobic?

"I'm willing to bet my nuts young Michael is as gay as a bouquet of daisies. "

or this:

"The only party he should be aligned with is his own coming out party. "

Not homophobia. No slur on gay people whatsoever. 

You're not coming across as dense, so it seems you want a flame war.  

Take it elsewhere.  I'm not your patsy. Or your whipping boy. 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Small Joke said:

Not homophobia. No slur on gay people whatsoever. 

You're not coming across as dense, so it seems you want a flame war.  

Take it elsewhere.  I'm not your patsy. Or your whipping boy. 

I'm going to nominate myself for a medal and then award it to me for not exploiting what you just wrote. I'm a hero.

• Haha 1

Holland says no to the B.S. artist president. Gotta love that classic Dutch bluntness.

"Most state leaders would avoid saying "no" to President Donald Trump in a room full of reporters. But Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte isn't like most leaders.

Rutte, a liberal straight-shooter known for mopping up his own coffee spills and cycling to the royal palace in Amsterdam, met with Trump amid rising trade tensions between the United States and the European Union, of which the Netherlands is a member. In a five-minute news conference in the Oval Office, Rutte spoke significantly less than Trump. But when the Dutch prime minister interjected, he made himself heard."

https://m.sfgate.com/news/article/Trump-got-a-dose-of-Dutch-bluntness-from-visiting-13047327.php#item-85307-tbla-9

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

5 hours ago, bristolboy said:

I'm going to nominate myself for a medal and then award it to me for not exploiting what you just wrote. I'm a hero.

But it's so sooooo hard not to! 

Edited by Becker

9 hours ago, heybruce said:

CNN, BBC, Reuters, Bloomberg, UPI, The Economist, The New York Times, The Washington Post, etc.  These are real news organizations that Trump has condemned, often by name.  That is how Trump is crapping on the first amendment.

While Trump complains about legitimate news sources, he lies like no other politician in US history.  These two things are related; no liar likes those who expose the lies.

That is not violating the first amendment, it’s enjoying it’s freedoms. You and I are free to claim Fox or CNN reports fake news because of the first amendment. The president it’s entitled to his first amendment rights as well. 

On the other hand, stopping free speech does violate the first amendment, yet that’s what many on the left like to do. 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, bushdoctor said:

That is not violating the first amendment, it’s enjoying it’s freedoms. You and I are free to claim Fox or CNN reports fake news because of the first amendment. The president it’s entitled to his first amendment rights as well. 

On the other hand, stopping free speech does violate the first amendment, yet that’s what many on the left like to do. 

Yes the right to free speech is guaranteed by the first amendment. But there is no amendment to the constitution that establishes a right to be respected. Given Trump's constant and unrelenting lies and personal attacks virtually every day, how much respect is he entitled to?

And whenever some writes that "many" of a certain group engage in some kind of objectionable behavior, you know that what they are spouting is essentially empty vilification. In a country with a population of 350 million, "many" is virtually useless as a qualification..