Demolition of "Bali Hai Sunset" just the start as illegal buildings face the end in Pattaya

webfact

Demolition of "Bali Hai Sunset" just the start as illegal buildings face the end in Pattaya

4pm.jpg

Picture Manager Online

Pattaya's mayor has said that the pulling down of a well known South Pattaya restaurant will be the start of many such demolitions on buildings encroaching on public land at the resort.

What was once the fancy "Bali Hai Sunset" restaurant looking out on the bay at Bali Hai promontory is now just a heap of rubble.

Following a court order and a last gasp stay of execution workers have now pulled down the offending structure that despite some legal documents was deemed to have been built on public land.

Engineer Naris Chertsunya at the scene of the demolition yesterday told Manager that this was just the start.

4pm1.jpg

Picture Manager Online

"There are many illegal buildings in Pattaya," he said. "Mayor Anan Jaroensri has ordered the authority to get tough and remove all such property from public land".

Source: Manager Online

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-01-30
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, smedly said:

depends who has an interest in all of those, so far they have prevailed when it is obvious to everyone that the structures are built on top of the beach

Same could be said for a "structure" at the North end of Pattaya beach. I will really believe there is serious intent if that is removed.

• Like 1

Looks like there aint going to be no end to this - construction / destruction, reconstruction , deconstruction around here.I like cities, I like built up places. But its a chaotic environment during the process. 

Edited by morrobay
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, champers said:

Same could be said for a "structure" at the North end of Pattaya beach. I will really believe there is serious intent if that is removed.

You mean the Sanctuary of Truth ?  (I don't see any other "structure" ??)

Even if its protection walls are clearly built on the Beach, they will never remove it ! :smile:

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

You mean the Sanctuary of Truth ?  (I don't see any other "structure" ??)

Even if its protection walls are clearly built on the Beach, they will never remove it ! :smile:

No; that is on Wongamat beach. I am talking about where the Dusit is.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, champers said:

I am talking about where the Dusit is.

The Dusit is not on the beach or any public land. This had been discussed and explained a few years back at Pattaya City Hall.

I remember old pictures shown on Internet, taken before the Dusit construction, and what's look now as a big structure built on the sea was in fact already a big rock formation going inside the sea. They just made the top a little more plan to put vegetation on it.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, wealthychef said:

I guess the owner couldn't find enough cash to bribe his way out of it eh?  It's sad but I am deeply suspicious about all business and police dealings in this country.  I hope my cynicism is unwarranted.  

It's not

1 hour ago, wealthychef said:

...... It's sad but I am deeply suspicious about all business and police dealings in this country.  I hope my cynicism is unwarranted.  

Lmao.... I very much doubt that your cynicism is unwarranted.

Too bad. That was my favourite restaurant for a romantic meal with a special friend. Fantastic view, great ambience, delicious western and Thai food at a reasonable price and good service. I'm sorry to see it go when there are so many other places I would rather see demolished.

MLNA0278.JPG

Edited by DukSiam1
attach photo

23 hours ago, darksidedog said:

It would be interesting to see them do this nationwide. I suspect there would be a massive number of properties that would be found encroaching on Public land or just totally illegal.

........and it would be interesting who are the owners? Politicians? 

On 1/30/2018 at 11:23 AM, NCC1701A said:

Yeah looks great now. NOT.

you know they will never clean up that mess properly.

I'm sure they will leave it "as-is" just so it  nicely blends in with the rest of the marina rubble in the background

Edited by pattayadude

On 1/30/2018 at 10:47 AM, webfact said:

"There are many illegal buildings in Pattaya," he said. "Mayor Anan Jaroensri has ordered the authority to get tough and remove all such property from public land".

Yeah right! get tough as you had the last 30 years! there are 101 illegal establishments on Walking and you had to start with the cutest, the least bothersome and the most out-of-sight one there is..

Ahh I forgot! of course!...the others are  too busy bustling with  thousands of patrons visiting daily , will destroy the tourism(income) and  owned by untouchable politicians or less-than-friendly mob!

So which one goes down next? the little resto by the lighthouse? LOL

If you wanna do Pattaya a favor, just remove the trash around the city first!!

And while you're at it, clean the rubble from the Bali Hai marina as all you are expert at is in creating rubble, not cleaning one...

Edited by pattayadude
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, pattayadude said:

So which one goes down next? the little resto by the lighthouse?

That one may have legit papers,already been looked at but maybe not by the present officials

They (mostly ) cleared up the mess at Na-Jomtien after a much bigger demolition derby.

5a7283e6e1c8f_IMG_20161005_110629(Large).jpg.228135fd72241dd79f7d1df54443cbcb.jpg

5a7283f765c3a_IMG_20161005_110651(Large).jpg.46f857237e0185c77d6bb1686e116f07.jpg

5a728497d99cd_P_20170807_143853(Large).jpg.ce147348586bee675ee3b96c77f41c93.jpg

5a7284c06f32c_P_20170807_144517_SRES(Large).jpg.881bb5e8dd5c9f35c68c48599c87a6b4.jpg

5a7284e1ae788_P_20170104_150231(Large)(2).jpg.8d704401b967aeef47a9c259e201eadc.jpg

slow work on the disco

5a7285981bdc1_P_20180117_105127(Large).jpg.b5411fd08f241fc0eb0f96173ac639b2.jpg

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 10:23 AM, NCC1701A said:

Yeah looks great now. NOT.

you know they will never clean up that mess properly.

Quite right. They'll leave the broken concrete there forever, and it'll become a haven for rats and homeless people, or someone with a big envelope will be allowed to build some thing ( that's my pick as to what will happen ).

Do they even have a plan as to what to put there instead?

They stole the Bali Hi park to build a useless car park that doesn't work, so how about demolishing that?

If they demolished Waterfront I'd agree with that improvement.

It's not that they are demolishing the seafront buildings that is the problem, it's that they haven't sorted any of the hundreds of real problems in Pattaya. Their priorities are so warped.

• Like 1